What did we learn

That this will be the norm as long as Pelini is head coach. 10 wins/year, terrible post-seasons. Never being able to take it to the next level.

I do not agree. We have a lot of young coaches... We will be better in time. AA's timely fumble as well as other things out of the coach's control occured. It was a frustrating game that Nebraska should have won. We had them wore out and driving and we fumble... Do you make this same post if we had not fumbled and won?

If we hadn't fumbled we'd have won? You're deluding yourself! We were gassed! Georgia had complete control from the end of the 3rd quarter on.

Defense needs some serious work/recruiting in the off-season. 31 points NEEDS to be enough to win games if we want to be successful

Hah! If we couldn't get good recruits after Suh/Amukamara/Hagg/Gomes success here, how do you think we're gonna pull them in now? We aren't. We are stagnant. Now begins the gradual decline until people are fed up with it and we make the change that needs to happen.

Who on earth is going to take a coaching job after the last coach was fired for a 10 win season? (We got Callahan the last time remember?!!) Please tell me! I'm serious. PM me, I would like to discuss this one with you for real on the phone... This staff and team will get better. One thing that made us so successful in the past was coaching continuity.

• that, even though we had no chance to win this game (according to EVERYONE), some on this board still will whine and bitch when we don't pull out a miracle.
  • that the back shoulder throw is impossible to defend, even if you are in good position.
  • that TMart cannot throw a lob pass to save his life.
  • that this team ended the season playing with heart, just as they did all season long.
  • that we need to revamp our offensive line scheme (and coach?).

Nothing we didn't know already.

A season of failure has come to a close. Turnovers, penalties, embarrassing O-line play, shaky QB play, miserable special teams, no defense to speak of, and an unshakable tendency to meltdown on the big stage when it matters most.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

The program is on the right track if a "season of failure" gets you 10 wins.... Either that, or the fanbase is ______ crazy....

Not failure, just not meeting expectations. I expect a conference one every 3 years, a shot a national title once every 10 years, and no more than one 30 point loss in a five year period. SOme have higher expectations than that. Four losses should never be considered a good year; maybe not a bad year, but not a good year.

I have slightly higher expectations then that, and I don't consider this season a failure, like most seem too....

Abdullahs fumble didnt really hurt us that bad. Except our team gave up after that. Oh, and we need ALOT of defensive help!!! Pathetic defensive effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hurt because it KILLED the momentum!!

Nothing we didn't know already.

A season of failure has come to a close. Turnovers, penalties, embarrassing O-line play, shaky QB play, miserable special teams, no defense to speak of, and an unshakable tendency to meltdown on the big stage when it matters most.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

And the team that most expected to only win 7 or 8 games, but won 10, again. Such a disaster.

10 wins isn't what it used to be. At the end of last year, I predicted 4 losses and a bad defense. They delivered.

I'm proud of the team, played hard, made it a game.

DB's are in position but make bad plays on the ball- happened all year. Baffling!

We seem to reach a point late in big games where we cannot run block or pass protect- and that is when the score starts to separate.

Tmart is good for at least 2 turnovers a game in any big game- although I was pleased he didn't throw his big game pick 6.

The Abdullah fumble is what sealed our fate.

Although people will blame our secondary for the #'s I think the lack of pressure on Murray is what killed us. Too much time to throw. Couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.

Josh Mitchell is just too little.

The red bolded lines are what it boils down to for me. And, the inexplcible tendency to not stop the avalanch of mistakes ONCE they start to snowball.

• Fire 1

got enough on offense just got to get the defense in order and taylor martinez likes to fight that #36 guy

Notice nobody ever came to Taylor's aid? Taylor got a cheap shot in the title game too with no retaliation. This team is soft and our opponents know it.

+1. The O-line got schooled in the last quarter. T-mart needs to take these guys out for steaks at Misty's (Havelock location) - maybe they will then stand up for their next year's captain.

The unit that has been the best on defense this year got torn up. Part of it was due to their poor play, but a good part of it was due to Murray's play. He threw people open and the receivers made the catches. Only one play made me go WTF Bo, and that was blitzing the house on 3rd and 12 which led to the 87 yard TD.

That was a great call for the D we called.