Why is John Papuchis still employed by UNL

This better be the year we make a run. Favorable schedule, Beck's in his 3rd season w/ expirienced people, a chance for Papuchis to solidify the D...

If this year falls on its ass, then you might see some house cleaning...

Would agree with you, if we don't win the B1G and make a run at a N.C. heads will roll................

This better be the year we make a run. Favorable schedule, Beck's in his 3rd season w/ expirienced people, a chance for Papuchis to solidify the D...

If this year falls on its ass, then you might see some house cleaning...

Would agree with you, if we don't win the B1G and make a run at a N.C. heads will roll................

We have to at least make the B1G and be competitive in the game. Thats a start. Would I love to win the B1G and be mentioned in the NC conversation, hell yeah, I'm just not sure if we're there yet...

But if we get rolled by mediocre offenses, and can't out play the lower tier defenses, then I think leadership changes might have to happen...

Any notion of winning the B1G is crazy... we are not even close to being competitive with OSU. OSU is not one or even 2 levels ahead of NU it is probably three levels up (if level 1 is defined as the top 4 or so in the nation, level 2 the next 6 or so, level 3 the next 8 or so... OSU is Level 1 and NU will be low Level 3, at best, and likely high level 4). Wisconsin is also better than NU. Michigan is a toss-up relative to NU... and MSU, Penn State, and Northwestern are all slightly below NU but in striking distance of the 'Skers. We will be somewhere from #3 in the conference to #5 or so... but winning the B1G is, essentially, near zero probability.

Sure, our record will be good... but when pitted against OSU at the seasons end (if we get there rather than Michigan... which is about a 50/50 proposition) we get smoked. Smoked badly.

Wisconsin is no longer better than Nebraska. They have fallen a whole level, if not 2, below us. I would say Nebraska is a level 3, close to two. Ohio St, yes, and an obvious 1.

My friend, your posts are usually very good and your assessments quite good... always like hearing what you have to say. That is honest.

Now your assessment of Wisconsin relative to the Huskers... I have a hard time conceiving of that quick a change... as Wisconsin (while i hate that program and wish it were not the case) were way, way, way better than the Huskers last year... how, all of a sudden, has that changed?

So... why do you think NU is better than a team that toyed with and hung 70 points on us in a laughable monstrous blowout? On what basis has NU caught up to Wisconsin (and passed them!)?

Montee Ball graduated.

Bielema left.

I think that's a good start.

I suppose it is a start... but they were so vastly superior to NU that one RB and even the Head Coach (their system still is intact... though that may change somewhat) leaving is nowhere near enough. Their physical players just rag-doll threw NU players around like they here high schoolers... and they still have that. So... I am skeptical...

Until the Huskers hang with a good team... I am unconvinced that they are trending in the right direction.

Montee Ball graduated.

Bielema left.

I suppose it is a start... but they were so vastly superior to NU that one RB and even the Head Coach (their system still is intact... though that may change somewhat) leaving is nowhere near enough. Their physical players just rag-doll threw NU players around like they here high schoolers... and they still have that. So... I am skeptical...

Until the Huskers hang with a good team... I am unconvinced that they are trending in the right direction.

What do you consider Georgia if you do not consider them a "good team"?

I'd say that our regular season record and better bowl performance this year over last year shows a trend in the right direction. Because the "right direction" means better than we were before.

This might be a dead horse issue but I really don't care.

John Papuchis has no business coordinating the defense at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini made a mistake elevating him to this position. It is obvious his player development, player motivation, and defensive scheming are lacking. The man has shown he is unqualified and too inexperienced to take on such a role at Nebraska. This program merits individuals with head coaching experience or the great potential to be a head coach in that role. WIth the amount of money we as fans pump into that school no price should be too high. I have been too patient and do not accept the defensive product Nebraska put on the field this past season as acceptable. It needs to be fixed immediately.

Not for nothing, but this could all come to a head at this time next year...

With the significantly weaker schedule this year, if we keep getting lit up, then Ithere should be a discussion about possibly making a change.

what sucks about this is that next year was set up to be our season to make an NC run. This season was supposed to be an 8-4 year building the foundation for that run. Instead we redshirted the foundation, and are now looking at next year as a probably 11 win season instead of a likely 13 win season.

Couldn't you also look at it as we may win more games as a result in 2014? Quit being so half empty man. :)

Montee Ball graduated.

Bielema left.

Is Georgia a good team? We hung with them right up until that fumble late in the game. .

Any notion of winning the B1G is crazy... we are not even close to being competitive with OSU. OSU is not one or even 2 levels ahead of NU it is probably three levels up (if level 1 is defined as the top 4 or so in the nation, level 2 the next 6 or so, level 3 the next 8 or so... OSU is Level 1 and NU will be low Level 3, at best, and likely high level 4). Wisconsin is also better than NU. Michigan is a toss-up relative to NU... and MSU, Penn State, and Northwestern are all slightly below NU but in striking distance of the 'Skers. We will be somewhere from #3 in the conference to #5 or so... but winning the B1G is, essentially, near zero probability.

Sure, our record will be good... but when pitted against OSU at the seasons end (if we get there rather than Michigan... which is about a 50/50 proposition) we get smoked. Smoked badly.

If we make it back to the CCG I guess we just as well not even show up. No reason to play if OSU is our opponent. Screw it, why even play the season next year. Give the trophy to OSU b/c they are too good and nobody can beat them and they scare me.

• Fire 3

Gotta be better than 50/50. Michigan is @Penn State, @MSU, @Northwestern, @Iowa. They dodge Wisconsin like us, and get us and Ohio State at home...but by your own admission OSU is unbeatable.

I really cannot see 2 losses on our schedule (I'm sure we'll find a 2nd though). Michigan likely drops at least 1 of those 4 away games plus OSU. We're in the driver seat. I'd say it's a lot better than 50/50.