RB Christian McCaffrey [Stanford Commit]

Sounds like this kid is pretty solid to Stanford, but watching him tonight he looks like a perfect fit for what we're looking to do in our offense. Obviously Stanford is in a great place right now (and the academics are a given), but it seems like with his versatility out of the backfield and his (relative) lack of size and power - at least compared to Stepfan Taylor/Toby Gerhart - he would be a much better fit in a spread-type offense like we run than than the 2 TE/1 FB power game that Stanford favors.

I know he showed some early interest in us - does anyone see a scenario where we get him on campus for an OV?

Cue the Lloyd Christmas Gif... :P

lloyd-christmas-bombing-o.gif

I think if we have a great season (1 loss max reg season), we will get a look from him. I wanna at least get a prospect this close to us on campus.

Legacy recruit? Doubtful

I agree, the legacy angle really makes me think this is a longshot, but the thing that gets me is that he just doesn't really fit the system they want to run.

What if Shaw leaves for the NFL (yes I know he is a legacy there too...ugh!) and we finish with one loss, go to the Rose Bowl, and beat Stanford by a couple TDs? ( :koolaid2: )

Might be a bit late for an optimal visit at that point without a game day for him to see, but stranger things have happened.

I think if we have a great season (1 loss max reg season), we will get a look from him. I wanna at least get a prospect this close to us on campus.

Legacy recruit? Doubtful

I agree, the legacy angle really makes me think this is a longshot, but the thing that gets me is that he just doesn't really fit the system they want to run.

What if Shaw leaves for the NFL (yes I know he is a legacy there too...ugh!) and we finish with one loss, go to the Rose Bowl, and beat Stanford by a couple TDs? ( :koolaid2: )

Might be a bit late for an optimal visit at that point without a game day for him to see, but stranger things have happened.

We've lost out on a few legacy recruits recently, it's about time we do the same to others.

Legacy recruit? Doubtful

We've lost out on a few legacy recruits recently, it's about time we do the same to others.

Which legacy recruits have we lost??

• 2 years later...