SIGNED OT Chongo Kondolo

He was definitely not better when he played interior line. If we just asked our guards to fire forward he might be, but that is not the case. He simply doesn't seem to be nimble enough to play anywhere in our offense.

That might be the unfortunate truth.

I really like his size, but so far he just hasn't panned out.

Hope he replaces a-rod

Arod is a tackle. This guy is interior. I hope fannin replaces arod though. Will be hard for anyone to play early though that isn't already here for spring ball.

Arod's move to tackle was due to the leaving of Mary Tyler. He was a guard last year, where he should be. A little shorter and stockier and no where near the quick feet enough for tackle.

Hope he replaces a-rod

Arod is a tackle. This guy is interior. I hope fannin replaces arod though. Will be hard for anyone to play early though that isn't already here for spring ball.

Arod's move to tackle was due to the leaving of Mary Tyler. He was a guard last year, where he should be. A little shorter and stockier and no where near the quick feet enough for tackle.

He's 6'6 and was already playing tackle before Moore left. Moore leaving did cause him to get more playing time though, as Moore could have spelled qvale instead of sirles flipping over.

I hope to see Finnin and Chongo both in there a lot next year. No offense at all to A rod but that dude along with sirles was probably just about 80% of the reason for Taylors fumbles, Taylor getting sacked, false starts. (they had what 3-4 between them in the bowl game?

This is a kid that could start at center for us from day 1. He would be an immediate upgrade as well. Love the immediate depth that we added with Finnin and Chongo.

I've wondered about that since he said he has never played center before, is that a position you can just pick up and start playing this summer? (I would think the calls he would have to make would be pretty tough to learn that fast)Or would they be more likely to use that extra year to get him used to it?

From what I understand, is you have to be able to snap & get your step going almost at the same time. Not everyone can do that. Not everyone can do that.

I hope that Arod sees his SR year as his last chance and chooses to trim down to about 305 lbs. That would help his quickness & conditioning tremendously.