Corey Whitaker *** RFr

2 Scholarship OL

Notable Walk ons

Spencer Long Sr.

Mark Pelini Jr.

Scott Criss Sr. Transfer from Wyoming

Brodrick Nickens Sr.

Brandon Chapek Sr.

we lose 6 scholarship OL including Long after 2013.

we have a total of 13 scholarship OL on our roster not including our 2013 recruiting class.

I would not be surprised to see us take every body we can get for next season including Finnin and Chongo. Maybe wishful thinking

As I look at this list I have some questions.

What is up with Reeves and Sterup?

Why is Rodriquez so lost out there?

This looks to me like we should have a better line than we do.

You typically hit or miss on half of your class. Reeves and Sterup will play this upcoming season. Rodriguez has potential however he seems to be out of shape and relies more on ability not technique. I may be wrong but that is what it looks like to me anyways.

If we can get two of the four remaining targets I will be happy.

I would like 3 of them. One HS and Finnin and Chongo.

I'm not going to complain about whoever we get but I'm not convinced we need that much immediate help (JUCO). Our line seems to be improving - slowly but surely - and I think I'd rather have more guys go through the system that a couple who will only be here a couple years and may-or-may-not work out at that.

I know Reeves hadn't been coming along as quickly as the staff thought he would. Sterup might just have been behind some upper-classmen.

I really don't know why ARod keeps getting out there. I really haven't seen him play a good quarter - let alone an entire game - at either spot. Maybe he looks better in practice (against our DLine :o ) but I continue to be confused by the playing time he gets.

2009 Recruits

Nick Ash *** Sr.

Brent Qvale *** Sr.

Cole Pensick *** (DT) Sr.

Jesse Coffey *** No Longer on Roster

Jeremiah Sirles *** Sr.

4 Scholarship OL

2010 Recruits

Jamarcus Hardrick **** (JUCO) Exhausted Eligibility

Mike Moudy *** Jr.

Andrew Rodriguez **** Sr.

Jake Cotton ** (DE) Jr.

3 Scholarship OL

2011 Recruits

Ryan Klachko **** Transfer

Tyler Moore **** Transfer

Givens Mordi Price *** So.

Ryne Reeves **** So.

Zach Sterup **** So.

3 Scholarship OL

2012 Recruits

Paul Thurston **** RFr

Corey Whitaker *** RFr

2 Scholarship OL

Notable Walk ons

Spencer Long Sr.

Mark Pelini Jr.

Scott Criss Sr. Transfer from Wyoming

Brodrick Nickens Sr.

Brandon Chapek Sr.

we lose 6 scholarship OL including Long after 2013.

we have a total of 13 scholarship OL on our roster not including our 2013 recruiting class.

I would not be surprised to see us take every body we can get for next season including Finnin and Chongo. Maybe wishful thinking

not a DE

He's out there because no one else is better yet. I agree that he hasn't looked very good though. He's alright at run blocking, but just can't match up against a decent pass rusher. He wasn't very good at guard either. I expect he'll continue to rotate in for sirles next year, but it would be nice to see sterup or price step up. Both seem to have a lot of potential.

Rodriguez is a good example of why OL is the hardest position to forecast in recruiting and why it's so important to keep a lot of players in the pipeline to account for the inevitable misses. It's also the hardest position to fix quickly as it typically takes a few years for players to be ready physically and mentally to contribute.

Last year's undersized class aside, we've done a good job of restocking the roster with OL. We need to finish out this class with a few more to continue our progress there.

A-Rod plays pretty well when he can rotate with other bodies. When Sirles got dinged up in the bowl game the subbing became less frequent. They showed a close-up of A-Rod and you could see he was gassed. The next play, false start. Then getting beat around the edge and holding to try and save Martinez from going home in an ambulance.

He just doesn't seem conditioned to be able to go 8-10 plays in a drive and remain effective. A little training table adjustment and he becomes much more consistent IMHO.

You typically hit or miss on half of your class. Reeves and Sterup will play this upcoming season. Rodriguez has potential however he seems to be out of shape and relies more on ability not technique. I may be wrong but that is what it looks like to me anyways.

Well, we certainly missed with Moore and Klatcho. :lol: Let's hope Reeves and Sterup are hits. . .

Are we out of it with Cochran?

A-Rod plays pretty well when he can rotate with other bodies. When Sirles got dinged up in the bowl game the subbing became less frequent. They showed a close-up of A-Rod and you could see he was gassed. The next play, false start. Then getting beat around the edge and holding to try and save Martinez from going home in an ambulance.

He just doesn't seem conditioned to be able to go 8-10 plays in a drive and remain effective. A little training table adjustment and he becomes much more consistent IMHO.

I think what you're trying to say is he just looked. . . fat.

• Fire 1