Greatest Special Teams Player in NU History

TGHusker

In my lifetime: Alex Henery hands down. What a great luxury we had not to have to worry about missing a FG for what, 3 years?

For Kicker/pumter Henery is hands down. He proved that a punter could be a defensive weapon. I dare say he won some games due to his ability to punt us out of trouble and pin teams at the 3 yard line. It was unbelievable at times to see how he could get the ball to go out of bounds below the 5 yard line. As a FG Kicker - we were always within range. Both of these skill sets gave the coaching staff an added luxury - a good placed punt can sure pump up the D.

#1 - Johnny Rogers

#2 - Alex Henry

#3 - Dejaun Groce

#4 - Niles Paul - Most won't like this, but he was a great return guy when he caught the ball.

#5 - Eric Martin

FREE EMART

I was at the Okla State game. It was replayed a few times and the OSU crowd was fit to be tied. Eric Martin's hit is up there with the Kenny Bell block this year (not special teams but a good clean block). Eric was a great gunner on ST.

I was at the Okla State game. It was replayed a few times and the OSU crowd was fit to be tied. Eric Martin's hit is up there with the Kenny Bell block this year (not special teams but a good clean block). Eric was a great gunner on ST.

I completely disagree that Martin's illegal hit as being up in the same range as Bell's. Martin leaves his feet, hits the player above the shoulder pads. Illegal. He has came a lot further and matured since. Bells hit was legal in every which way you look at it.

My top 5 would be

JR

Henery

Groce

Newcombe

Brown & Brown (ok I cheat - but I think Josh and Chris were equally good)

As someone mentioned before, I'd like to see Jamal Turner more in the role of returner. He and AA could be a great tantum. They both see the field well and have moves that can light up the stadium.

I completely disagree that Martin's illegal hit as being up in the same range as Bell's. Martin leaves his feet, hits the player above the shoulder pads. Illegal. He has came a lot further and matured since. Bells hit was legal in every which way you look at it.

I'll have to agree wt you there - one was legal the other not.

PR- Groce, Rodgers, Newcombe

KR- Stella (a LB returning kicks), Walker (he also went back with Newcombe and was the up man when they tried to punt away from Bobby, TO was a genius. Why dont we have Ameer and Turner both deep??)

K- Henery, K. Brown

P- Larsen, Koch

Other- Ragoni, Thenarse (didnt like him at ss but was a good gunner), List (I am sure no one remembers Greg List, he was a walk on and played ST, blocked a punt or two, this was a homer pick, he is from my hometown and I grew up knowing the family)

Worst- Niles Paul, i am sorry I just had to find a way to put him on here lol. Actually he had some good returns but he made more head scratching plays then anyone