Obama lies - - - again

It doesn't matter if they care about us. They make laws that directly affect how we live our lives. I'd say shenanigans by those people is worth getting riled up over.

So, if you don't care that they don't care about your well being, and you vote to put them in power, thats crazy...

It doesn't matter if they care about us. They make laws that directly affect how we live our lives. I'd say shenanigans by those people is worth getting riled up over.

So, if you don't care that they don't care about your well being, and you vote to put them in power, thats crazy...

This is an indictment of the poor choices we have to vote for, not the voters themselves.

• Fire 1

This is an indictment of the poor choices we have to vote for, not the voters themselves.

it is an indictment of the voters, they're the ones who chose to get riled up about the poor choices we have to vote for...

Not too mention, the political ideology that turns people into narrowminded, short sighted, raving lunatics.

OK, so the voters, as a whole, are responsible for the choices they have. But individual voters like BRB and myself can still "get riled up" over these politicians even though we, as voters, helped elect them. Bottom line is, neither BRB nor myself would look at any of our Washington politicians, from the president down to the newest congressperson, and rubber-stamp our approval for all of them. Most we'd chuck out the door and bring in new people, but the two of us don't get to make kings, unfortunately.

So it's entirely reasonable that two people like BRB and myself "get riled up" about these guys. Their actions and decisions directly impact our lives.

I guess I'm not getting where you're coming from in all of this.

OK, so the voters, as a whole, are responsible for the choices they have. But individual voters like BRB and myself can still "get riled up" over these politicians even though we, as voters, helped elect them. Bottom line is, neither BRB nor myself would look at any of our Washington politicians, from the president down to the newest congressperson, and rubber-stamp our approval for all of them. Most we'd chuck out the door and bring in new people, but the two of us don't get to make kings, unfortunately.

So it's entirely reasonable that two people like BRB and myself "get riled up" about these guys. Their actions and decisions directly impact our lives.

I guess I'm not getting where you're coming from in all of this.

Thats the beauty of America, you can get crazy about people who don't care about you or your well being. The choice is if you're going to let stupid sh*t like this make you crazy. Because if you're going to let yourself get riled up over things that you have no control over, then thats two parts crazy and sad...

"Trying to make sense" of the claim that the Republicans had a hand in the fact that HuKSer's payroll taxes went up. That's what you're doing? You're not just here to help sling mud at Democrats and the Democrat president? OK.

If so, and presuming that you've been paying attention to the news at all over the past few weeks, one would presume that the fiscal cliff deadline, the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, the end of the payroll tax holiday and all the other financial shenanigans going on between congress and the president didn't completely fly over your head. Presuming that you did not completely miss this news story, one would also presume that you're aware that the Republicans - not Obama alone, as the OP's thread title says - were directly involved in this mess.

Yeah, the LMGTFY stunt was poor, especially since I chose not to use some inflammatory search term like, "The Republicans lied about taxes again" or something similar. But to pretend that you have no idea that both parties, not just Obama, are responsible for this mess, that you need to "try to make sense" of such a claim, is absurd.

I'm fully aware that the mess, including this particular issue, in Washington is the fault of both parties and the President. However, your original comment "There's ample evidence that the $100 you're on about here is a direct result of Republican nonsense.", ignored the fact that democrats and the President were also involved. But I'm sure you would never purposely mislead us on something like this. It must've been an oversight on your part to mention only the republican nonsense while failing to apply any blame whatsoever to the other two entities. Maybe if you were more fair in doling out the blame, my questions would not seem quite so absurd.

The problem is that I am not here just to sling mud at democrats and the President. Accusing me of that, after your one-sided claim against republicans, is priceless. I've got no reason whatsoever to only defend republicans or only attack democrats. They all suck and I'm sick of all of them. But I am also tired of people ignoring the fact that they are all responsible and attempting to paint it as though it is a one-sided problem as you did in the post I quoted.

• Fire 1

I'm fully aware that the mess, including this particular issue, in Washington is the fault of both parties and the President. However, your original comment "There's ample evidence that the $100 you're on about here is a direct result of Republican nonsense.", ignored the fact that democrats and the President were also involved. But I'm sure you would never purposely mislead us on something like this. It must've been an oversight on your part to mention only the republican nonsense while failing to apply any blame whatsoever to the other two entities. Maybe if you were more fair in doling out the blame, my questions would not seem quite so absurd.

The problem is that I am not here just to sling mud at democrats and the President. Accusing me of that, after your one-sided claim against republicans, is priceless. I've got no reason whatsoever to only defend republicans or only attack democrats. They all suck and I'm sick of all of them. But I am also tired of people ignoring the fact that they are all responsible and attempting to paint it as though it is a one-sided problem as you did in the post I quoted.

No, it offered a counter point to the nonsensical thread title and accusation that OBAMA is solely to blame. I said that there was ample evidence of Republican involvement and all the conservatives in the house got bunched. Happens every single time.

In the context of directly addressing the thread title, I can see your point. But, the way and timing when it was presented seemed suspect. I understand now that you have clarified and explained. I guess we both anticipate things from the other to be skewed and from a certain viewpoint. I just find it frustrating when people try to act like they aren't guilty of the same things they accuse others of. Yes, I begin from a conservative (not republican) viewpoint and I am predisposed to expect bad things from democrats. However, I no longer support the republican party because they are not conservative in the traditional sense of the party. It would be nice if people quit sticking up for either side but then I guess we would have nothing to argue about.

The Social Security tax holiday expired, as it was always intended to. Part of the stimulus plan was a reduction in the rate to 4.2% from 6.2%. It was not the income tax rate, which is what the debate was about.

Yes - I knew that. I was stirring the pot with the "Bush lied" crowd

why? let it go.

Nobody is getting crazy or riled up. Not sure where you're coming up with this.

We do have control over Washington. We exerted that control last November. That's why Obama was sworn in yesterday and not Romney.

What the heck are you talking about, walks?

We don't have control, it's called electoral college...

Nobody is getting crazy or riled up. Not sure where you're coming up with this.

We do have control over Washington. We exerted that control last November. That's why Obama was sworn in yesterday and not Romney.

What the heck are you talking about, walks?

We don't have control, it's called electoral college...

Mittens won the popular vote?