Obama lies - - - again

The Social Security tax holiday expired, as it was always intended to. Part of the stimulus plan was a reduction in the rate to 4.2% from 6.2%. It was not the income tax rate, which is what the debate was about.

Yes - I knew that. I was stirring the pot with the "Bush lied" crowd

The Social Security tax holiday expired, as it was always intended to. Part of the stimulus plan was a reduction in the rate to 4.2% from 6.2%. It was not the income tax rate, which is what the debate was about.

A poorly stirred pot, though. There's ample evidence that the $100 you're on about here is a direct result of Republican nonsense.

Politicians lie. That's how they got into office.

A poorly stirred pot, though. There's ample evidence that the $100 you're on about here is a direct result of Republican nonsense.

Go on...

Go on...

Sure.

And, pray tell, how do you attribute that to republicans while letting Obama and the dems off the hook? The two links I followed both made reference to Obama claiming "if you make under 200k your taxes will not increase". I might be crazy but I'm pretty darned sure most Americans aren't going to equate a 2% payroll tax increase, on the firsts 113k of earnings with their taxes not going up. Ironically, if you make less than $113k, your taxes increase 2% but, if you make $200k, your taxes only increase a bit more than 1%. So when Obama doesn't keep his word, blame the repubs. Typical.