Northwestern (the Nemesis)...

Comish

Tomorrow is a chance for the Huskers to double their conference win total.

On paper, this looks like the proverbial "winnable" game since it's arguable that they won't out-athlete us to the degree that other conference foes have.

But they run the Princeton offense very patiently and are excellent in it's execution.

Plus, Northwestern seems to be the one team in the conference that is our nemesis in almost everything. Although we did come back to win in football last fall, they did upset us the year before; they beat us in baseball; and they beat us last year in basketball. It seems as if this should be a program that we can count on dominating but we don't. I don't know if we just don't take them seriously or if they get "up" specifically for us, or what the circumstances entail, but there is no way with our resources that we should be losing to Northwestern across multiple sports.

I'd like to believe that tomorrow will start to change that, but given how poorly we've played at the Bob in recent weeks, I'm somewhat leary.

Hope Smiles and Company prove those worries groundless.

I think this is a winnable game. A toss up in Lincoln. I think we match up better against these guys than we did Illinois. I also wonder if Serge will get some time this game instead of Andre as being mobile in space might be more effective in this game. Just a thought? Probably what will happen is that Rivers will get a ton of minutes today.

I was hoping for a win here but NW seems to have been playing really well of late. They beat two ranked teams - including the Illinois squad that pounded us the other night - and played #2 IU tough. Perhaps we would have been better playing them in Evanston as we seem to be playing better on the road than at the Bob.

Their discipline on both offense and defense worries me. We already struggle in the half court and today will be a huge test. I'd like to see Smiles turn Ray and Talley and Benny lose to run a little bit. (of course, that would entail us getting some rebounds ! )