Maher won skills game

He choked on the 50 yarder in the team competition, missed it off the upright. Glad Maher did good in the individual competition though.

Also there was 1 stat threw out there about how the kicker from Louisiana Lafayette was the most accurate ever at 90%+. Is that correct? Because I remember Henery missing like 5 kicks total in his career.

During his four seasons as a Cornhusker, he set an NCAA career record by completing 89.5 percent of his attempted field goals. His total accuracy on combined field goals and extra points also set a new NCAA record of 96.7 percent. He is the all-time leading scorer in NU history with 397 points.

IF you believe Wikipedia

He choked on the 50 yarder in the team competition, missed it off the upright. Glad Maher did good in the individual competition though.

Also there was 1 stat threw out there about how the kicker from Louisiana Lafayette was the most accurate ever at 90%+. Is that correct? Because I remember Henery missing like 5 kicks total in his career.

The dude has a higher percentage than Henery, but he didn't have enough attempts to qualify for the record.

• Fire 1

During his four seasons as a Cornhusker, he set an NCAA career record by completing 89.5 percent of his attempted field goals. His total accuracy on combined field goals and extra points also set a new NCAA record of 96.7 percent. He is the all-time leading scorer in NU history with 397 points.

IF you believe Wikipedia

Henery also set an NCAA record for being the first player to be the best ever at his position and not be a finalist for his position's award because the nominating coaches in his conference were a bunch of butthhurt dooshbags with the Texas teet still in their mouths.

• Fire 8

IF you believe Wikipedia

Henery also set an NCAA record for being the first player to be the best ever at his position and not be a finalist for his position's award because the nominating coaches in his conference were a bunch of butthhurt dooshbags with the Texas teet still in their mouths.

QFT. +1

I think that's EXACTLY why Henery didn't win the Groza. It's an embarrassment to the award that Henery wasn't nominated. :facepalm:

IF you believe Wikipedia

QFT. +1

I think that's EXACTLY why Henery didn't win the Groza. It's an embarrassment to the award that Henery wasn't nominated. :facepalm:

When the Groza finalized their finalist list and Henery wasnt on it, I sent numerous emails to the Groza committee and finally got the response of "our proceedings are based of the references and nominations of the coaches withing the player's conference" or some sh#t like that. So, then it became clearly obvious as to why Henery was left out, and why OSU's kicker won the damn thing. So be it.

I dont even know if calling Henery clutch does justice. To me he was automatic, in every sense of the word. He had one field goal go ary his senior year, and it was a 50+ yarder blocked by Missouri, right? He was one of them guys that if you got to the 35 yard line, you had 3 points in the bag.

Agree. I always felt like Henery was going to make every kick even if it was an 85 yarder. Guy had ice in veins and was confident. With BM he's good but I often feel like anything over 40 is as much luck as it skill. Its not true but he just feels too jumpy to me.

I dont even know if calling Henery clutch does justice. To me he was automatic, in every sense of the word. He had one field goal go ary his senior year, and it was a 50+ yarder blocked by Missouri, right? He was one of them guys that if you got to the 35 yard line, you had 3 points in the bag.

Agree. I always felt like Henery was going to make every kick even if it was an 85 yarder. Guy had ice in veins and was confident. With BM he's good but I often feel like anything over 40 is as much luck as it skill. Its not true but he just feels too jumpy to me.

I remember hoping before his Sr season that Bo would let him try a 70 yarder. I think there's a good chance he could've made one that long. The dude was money.

IF you believe Wikipedia

well stated! :hookerhorns