2013 Ranking the class

Got bored, so here:

QB - Solid A - Fits the system and is a proven winner. Don't care about the stars here. Stanton is the perfect guy.

RB - A+ - Don't think this needs an explanation.

WR - B - Could have used a quick slot guy but this position is saved by Dixon actually signing. I believe he stays at WR. No slot receiver isn't the end of the world.

TE - B - No juco help but two solid contributors. I believe both are underrated but time will tell.

OL - Solid A - Love Finnin having three years to plan and the help Kongo brings inside. Plus three to groom for the future. Take four next and we are in a groove on the Oline

DE - A - Gregory fills a huge pass rushing need. Suttles, Natter, and Mixon (I believe he stays at DE) have solid potential.

DT - B - No juco help but overall a positive year in a hard position to recruit. They will be in the weight room during the fall.

LB - A - The right number and the right players. Can't ask for anything more.

CB - C - A little disappointed here. Boaz can play and will probably turn out solid. I like his frame. I would, however, have liked to see one big win at this position though. A star here would have vastly improved the overall class, imo.

S - B+ - All three have loads of potential. Two of the biggest surprises (Gerry and Martinez) could come from S. We desperately need it to happen as well.

Special Teams - A - A Senior transfer walk-on kicker and the fact that this class will provide immediate on help ST makes this an A. I see a number of potential standouts above.

Overall B+ to A-

We miss star power outside of RB but this is by far Bo's deepest class. I'm happy! Let the sunshine pumping begin. :restore

• Fire 1

Got bored, so here:

QB - Solid A - Fits the system and is a proven winner. Don't care about the stars here. Stanton is perfect here.

RB - A+ - Don't think this needs an explanation.

WR - B - Could have used a quick slot guy but this position is saved by Dixon actually signing. I believe he stays at WR. No slot receiver isn't the end of the world.

TE - B - No juco help but two solid contributors. I believe both are underrated but time will tell.

OL - Solid A - Love Finnin having three years to plan and the help Kongo brings inside. Plus three to groom for the future. Take four next and we are in a groove on the Oline

DE - B+ - Gregory fills a huge pass rushing need. Suttles, Natter, and Mixon (I believe he stays at DE) have solid potential.

DT - B - No juco help but overall a positive year in a hard position to recruit. They will be in the weight room during the fall.

LB - A - The right number and the right players. Can't ask for anything more.

CB - C - A little disappointed here. Boaz can play and will probably turn out solid. I like his frame. I would have liked to see one big win at this position though. A star here would have vastly improved the overall class, imo.

S - B+ - All three have loads of potential. Two of the biggest surprises (Gerry and Martinez) could come from S. We desperately need it to happen as well.

Special Teams - A - A Senior transfer walk-on kicker and the fact that this class will provide immediate on help ST makes this an A. I see a number of potential standouts above.

Overall B+ to A-

We miss star power outside of RB but this is by far Bo's deepest class. I'm happy! Let the sunshine pumping begin. :restore

Pretty good rundown. It will be interesting to see where Mixon ends up.

Agree on the CB's. CB's have to be next years priority and I think they need to take 4. Take 4 OL and 2-3 Wr's making sure we get the slot spot covered. Then take 1 of everything else. That should put us around 17-18 which is what we should have next year.

Solid but not necessarily spectacular. I'd give it a solid B. Improvement over last year, and even 2011 which was hailed as Pelini's best class. That class 2 years ago - what should be the anchor of our 2-deep as 3rd year players...is now short Aaron Green, Tyler Moore, Ryan Klachko, Todd Peat Jr, Bubba Starling, Daimion Stafford, Joseph Carter. If this class bleeds anything like that one it could quickly work it's way to a C-. Newby, Banderas, Taylor, Gregory, Stanton, Finnin make this class IMO. A few of them don't make it, or don't work out and the class looks entirely different. We are really relying on last year's class, and this year's class. More than I'd like to. 2014 could be scary. 2010 will be out the door, and 2011 is looking more and more like a 80% bust by the day. We're desperate for some good things to come out of these last 2 classes.

Another reason it doesn't get above a B, we're still going into spring under the 85 limit (i have us at 82 which could be off) which always worries me - because you know we'll lose one or two before season. Add to that the inevitable no-show in our recruiting class and we might end up playing another season with 79-80 scholly players.

83, after heard and Rome. Pretty sure you said before that we'd be lucky to make 80, so you should be pleasantly surprised. Janovich is well deserving of a scholarship. Be interesting to see who gets the other. Maybe the kicker transfer or pelini. Maybe roach if he makes a move at mike.

The only way to guarantee a full 85 is to over sign, and that's not going to happen. We will always shoot for a full 85 and then give the extra few that open up to walkons. It's a good system, as it is fair to the kids that are promised scholarships and allows us to reward walkons that have earned it.

And I'm not aware that any of our signees are academic risks this year, are you?

• Fire 1

83, after heard and Rome. Pretty sure you said before that we'd be lucky to make 80, so you should be pleasantly surprised. Janovich is well deserving of a scholarship. Be interesting to see who gets the other. Maybe the kicker transfer or pelini. Maybe roach if he makes a move at mike.

The only way to guarantee a full 85 is to over sign, and that's not going to happen. We will always shoot for a full 85 and then give the extra few that open up to walkons. It's a good system, as it is fair to the kids that are promised scholarships and allows us to reward walkons that have earned it.

And I'm not aware that any of our signees are academic risks this year, are you?

There was talk that Dixon had some work to do

Heard, Rome and Ash makes 82. And I still think we'll be lucky to go into fall with 80. I'm not saying we have to be at 85, but we aren't even there after signing day. That's an issue IMO. That would sill allow us to give the extra couple that open up over the next 8 months to walk-ons. None at risk really, except maybe Dixon - but seems like only about once in 10 years to all 25 actually make it to campus so the odds aren't that great a day after signing.

Heard, Rome and Ash makes 82. And I still think we'll be lucky to go into fall with 80. I'm not saying we have to be at 85, but we aren't even there after signing day. That's an issue IMO. That would sill allow us to give the extra couple that open up over the next 8 months to walk-ons. None at risk really, except maybe Dixon - but seems like only about once in 10 years to all 25 actually make it to campus so the odds aren't that great a day after signing.

Not like it matters but I believe it's 83

My grades, btw:

QB A+ Elite 11 QB that seems to have the right set of intangibles.

RB A+ Two studs with top shelf offers

WR B Two good prospects

TE A I think carter is going to be a steal and hart is a good prospect

OL A- Really like the guys we got, especially hannon, just think we needed four high school guys after only getting two last year. Nice that both the jucos could be three year guys though. Addressed a need at tackle quite well with this group.

DE A impact juco and two high quality high school kids.

DT B- starting to like these two kids more and more, but think we needed a third one, especially an instant impact juco.

LB A+ studs

CB D+ boaz looks like a good prospect, but we really needed more than one corner

S A singleton enrolling early was big. Two other great athletes at a need position.

ST A a great snapper, a transfer kicker, a good walkon punter and another load of good walkons for special teams.

Overall A- a lot of good players and met most needs. Would have liked a juco DT, another corner and another high school OL.

• Fire 1