Hypothetical 2013 B1G Championship & MNC

QMany

We could go undefeated as well and it could be for a chance to go to that game. I really don't think we'll lose to Michigan or UCLA next season, JMO.

:yeah: so suck it! I will be very disappointed if we don't run the table next year! But then again that's how I feel before every season. But I'm on board with the big Iowan on this one. We run the table, squeak out a tough one in Indy and play Florida in the national title game! Book it!

We could go undefeated as well and it could be for a chance to go to that game. I really don't think we'll lose to Michigan or UCLA next season, JMO.

:yeah: so suck it! I will be very disappointed if we don't run the table next year! But then again that's how I feel before every season. But I'm on board with the big Iowan on this one. We run the table, squeak out a tough one in Indy and play Florida in the national title game!

Man, that would chap Urban's ass. I LIKE IT!

:yeah: so suck it! I will be very disappointed if we don't run the table next year! But then again that's how I feel before every season. But I'm on board with the big Iowan on this one. We run the table, squeak out a tough one in Indy and play Florida in the national title game!

Man, that would chap Urban's ass. I LIKE IT!

Florida needs to find an offense to make it to the National Title game. I would love to dominate the conference, beat Urban D-Bag Meyer and THEN beat SABAN in the National Title Game. Wouldn't it be great to beat Hoke, Meyer, Mora, and Saban in the same year? I still bet you that Alabama, tOSU, Michigan and the whole SEC would be talked about more than the Huskers if this was to even happen lol.

If the defense front improves even a little to allow our young and fast LB's to run around and makes plays our season gets a little easier. That being said, depending on younger players means there will be growing pains along the way. Lets hope we get them out of the way early, before we ahve to head to Ann Arbor or welcome in Northwestern.

If we go undefeated we will go to the national championship. And the biggest reason is revenue. If we make it to the mNC game we will literally bring in at least twice as much revenue as any PAC 12 school, and the game is in pasadena. I don't think there will be an undefeated B12 team, PAC, or Notre lame team. Oregon lost kelly. I find it hard to believe an undefeated Stanford would make it to the mNC game over Nebraska. That's a long ways away and if we do have a flawless season, well let's just hope we can "compete" against an SEC team. I don't know how i'd feel losing by 30 compared to ending the B1G rose bowl losing streak.

We have a lot of questions on the D to be talking a NC game. We will have 3 new starting D-Linemen, 3 new starting LB's and possible 2 New d-backs. The UCLA game will be hard one to pull out with the lack of experience on the D. The first 4 four games will tell if we will content for the Big ten championship game.

We have a lot of questions on the D to be talking a NC game. We will have 3 new starting D-Linemen, 3 new starting LB's and possible 2 New d-backs. The UCLA game will be hard one to pull out with the lack of experience on the D. The first 4 four games will tell if we will content for the Big ten championship game.

You realize that the topic had the word "Hypothetical" in it? Let alone its not stating we will or most likely will make it there. Its a question of whether we will be able to jump another 1 loss team if we, hypothetically, did make it there with one loss and, hypothetically, beat an undefeated tOSU team.

I guess I expect Nebraska to meet Ohio St. in the Big Championship and both teams will probably be fairly highly ranked at the time, so yes, if we pull the upset over Ohio St. in that game we should rightly be in the conversation. That is even with the one loss scenario. Although, if we have to have that loss we would probably be better off losing earlier in the year to UCLA. That way we have time to climb back through the rankings. I expect the Big as a conference to be fairly weak aside from Michigan, Ohio St. and us, so if we can win out from then on out I assume we will be back in the top 5-8 teams in the country by the time the Conference Championship rolls around. Then you can expect the SEC to knock off one of their own better ranked teams in their title game. Same from the PAC 12, thus we have a shot at jumping some teams if we win that one. The thing would be hoping that the SEC has a 2 loss team as their Champion. It's very possible considering how strong the SEC will be next year. Still, with all the ass kissing ESPN and the rest of the talking heads do for Alabama, Florida and so forth, I could see them pumping a 2 loss team ahead of another team for the National Championship. So instead of us battling them with our one loss, why don't we just win them all and not worry about it.

I guess I expect Nebraska to meet Ohio St. in the Big Championship and both teams will probably be fairly highly ranked at the time, so yes, if we pull the upset over Ohio St. in that game we should rightly be in the conversation. That is even with the one loss scenario. Although, if we have to have that loss we would probably be better off losing earlier in the year to UCLA. That way we have time to climb back through the rankings. I expect the Big as a conference to be fairly weak aside from Michigan, Ohio St. and us, so if we can win out from then on out I assume we will be back in the top 5-8 teams in the country by the time the Conference Championship rolls around. Then you can expect the SEC to knock off one of their own better ranked teams in their title game. Same from the PAC 12, thus we have a shot at jumping some teams if we win that one. The thing would be hoping that the SEC has a 2 loss team as their Champion. It's very possible considering how strong the SEC will be next year. Still, with all the ass kissing ESPN and the rest of the talking heads do for Alabama, Florida and so forth, I could see them pumping a 2 loss team ahead of another team for the National Championship. So instead of us battling them with our one loss, why don't we just win them all and not worry about it.

I know its better to lose early in the season then run the table from there on out, but how bad would it hurt us in the rankings if we do lose to UCLA at home, vs losing to them in LA?

Well, if we lose early to UCLA we are screwed. Another 1 loss PAC team will probably go over us if they beat UCLA. Which means most likely Oregon. (Plays UCLA @ Home).

Losing late to Michigan screws us over too, unless all hell breaks loose (somewhat like this year) and every team just loses that week.

And FWIW, I doubt we lose to UCLA or Michigan. I think @ Penn State is more dangerous than those 2 games. From what I'm hearing, our defense won't be pathetic this year.

From what I've seen it really hasn't mattered about home or away. It's always just been a matter of if you do lose 1 game, the key being 1 game, the earlier the better. It gives you enough time to score points in the voters eyes, whilst other teams maybe lose their one game later in the season. As those other teams lose, you can a lot of times jump them in the ranking even though you may not be the better team.

I wouldn't give the voters much credit. They have proven they don't deserve any credit. We probably look at the real talent levels of these teams far more than they do.

It sickens me that I may have to root for tOSU to run the tables in the regular season to give the B1G the best shot at getting in the MNC.

As long as Urban Meyer is there, I will never root for Ohio St..... That arrogant bastard; who does he think he is planning on instructing other coaches on how to recruit? Given the competitive spirit of other coaches, I doubt it will go over well.... Maybe a Pelini head-butt, followed by Hoke sitting on him....

He wants to raise the prestige level of the B1G, across the board, so that a 1-loss B1G team doesn't get looked at as well, they were only playing in the B1G. It's good for all of us. Who does he think he is? One of the best recruiters in the country. And that's pride getting in the way of competitive spirit if other coaches aren't receptive to what he has to say. Bashing Urban may give us fans a small measure of comfort but it's probably better to deal in reality.

The most industrious coaches will look at what he's doing and learn from his best qualities while avoiding his worst. The second-rate coaches will grumble and grumble and get offended and purse their lips and carry on.

• Fire 2