Pope Benedict XVI to Resign

I have been an active member of probably 3 different parishes in 3 different diocese. I have never been hounded for money. In fact, about the only time it is mentioned is if there is a special collection being taken up for a project or the annual diocesan appeal.

I remember when I was growing up (I was raised Lutheran, so this isn't a knock on the Catholic church), our pastor, 3 times that I can remember, got a "calling" to another church. Well, the church elders would get all fussed, give an impassioned plea for the congregation to donate more money so we could afford to pay him more. Which everyone did, and then after the Pastor got his offer for a raise... God magically told him to stay. Always loved that one.

I also distinctly remember, shortly after he got his raise one time, his sermon was on donations to the church. When we didn't give enough money, he said, we were "giving God the finger". His words, not mine. The moments you remember from hours spent in a church..

Sounds like you attended a pretty jacked up church with some equally jacked up elders and pastors. I'm beginning to understand why you aren't big on the church thing now.

A potentially explosive report has linked the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI to the discovery of a network of gay prelates in the Vatican, some of whom – the report said – were being blackmailed by outsiders.

The pope's spokesman declined to confirm or deny the report, which was carried by the Italian daily newspaper La Repubblica.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/21/pope-retired-amid-gay-bishop-blackmail-inquiry

A potentially explosive report has linked the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI to the discovery of a network of gay prelates in the Vatican, some of whom – the report said – were being blackmailed by outsiders.

The pope's spokesman declined to confirm or deny the report, which was carried by the Italian daily newspaper La Repubblica.

http://www.guardian....ackmail-inquiry

i believe the pope's spokesman would neither confirm or deny the report.

Stop attacking religion.

sorry carl but religion tries to control people and attempts to make them someone they can't be but themselves. religion really needs to die. philosophy needs to rule.

Curious - did you actually hear the whooshing sound, or did you just feel the hair on your head rustle a little?

Stop attacking religion.

sorry carl but religion tries to control people and attempts to make them someone they can't be but themselves. religion really needs to die. philosophy needs to rule.

Curious - did you actually hear the whooshing sound, or did you just feel the hair on your head rustle a little?

:thumbs

Stop attacking religion.

No kidding. I even got that one. ;)

Stop attacking religion.

Curious - i'm pretty sure I responded to carl and not knapplc.

Stop attacking religion.

Curious - i'm pretty sure I responded to carl and not knapplc.

carl was being facetious (and hilarious). you responded earnestly. knapplc sarcastically pointed this out. you are still confused. i am explaining this progression. everything should be clear now.