Pope Benedict XVI to Resign

Stop attacking religion.

sorry carl but religion tries to control people and attempts to make them someone they can't be but themselves. religion really needs to die. philosophy needs to rule.

Curious - did you actually hear the whooshing sound, or did you just feel the hair on your head rustle a little?

Curious - i'm pretty sure I responded to carl and not knapplc.

carl was being facetious (and hilarious). you responded earnestly. knapplc sarcastically pointed this out. you are still confused. i am explaining this progression. everything should be clear now.

without tags you can spin it however you want but doesn't make it true. now you may talk to these posters much more than I do and pick up on it. that's fine. I however don't.

carl was being facetious (and hilarious lame). you responded earnestly. knapplc sarcastically pointed this out. you are still confused. i am explaining this progression. everything should be clear now.

Fixed.

See! Just see what happens when you switch sides. :rollin The space-time continuum is now in peril.

without tags you can spin it however you want but doesn't make it true. now you may talk to these posters much more than I do and pick up on it. that's fine. I however don't.

I was joking . . . that seems to be a common line when some aspect of a religious organization (like hiding child rape) is criticized.

I'm a protestant christian to some extent and I'm not going to lol @ religion as a part of this discussion, but I will lol @ the existence of such a ridiculous and revered position as "pope." Catholic church is such a weird cult.

Being Pope Was Great, But You Can't Play Make-Believe Forever--Pope [Emeritus] Benedict XVI

When I sit down and actually think about the things I did all the time as pope, it’s kind of embarrassing. I made people tell me all the details of the things they’ve done wrong. I moved my arms through the air and claimed that people had been blessed because of it. And get this—a couple weeks ago, I literally dipped my fingers in ashes and smeared it on people’s foreheads and told them they would live forever. How messed up is that? That’s just not what a mature, functional adult does.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully during his blessing he will say something about a zero tolerance for sexual abuse or at least acknowledge the problem. That is the first step in ridding the church of this problem.

Secondly, I hope this pope allows priests to marry. Give some of the gold platted crap to people who actually need it or help out less fortunate people better than it has in the past. As far as woman becoming cardinals/priests, I dont see the problem with it.

He also needs to connect more with the younger generation. So I guess all I ask is, do what you preach.