Conference pride??

BCS1994

I love the conference. I don't care much for some of the coaches, and some of the snobby attitudes from some fan bases. Urban Meyer is my least liked coach, followed my Mark Dantonio.

Least like fan base, for me, is Michigan.

Even through my dislike for some teams, I am always rooting for our B1G teams throughout the non conference games, and when the conference games come on, I root for teams that are on our schedule. The stronger they look, the better our SOS is. Bowl games, I root for all B1G teams. You always want the best for your conference, even if there are teams you have hate for. The better your conference is, the better our recruiting will be. I do like our conference now, better than the Big 12, but I do miss playing Okie State, Oklahoma and beating them cry baby Mizz-who fans.

Pretty much exactly how i see it. However, on some cases i have a real hard time rooting for Michigan. It really depends on the situation. lol

I love Nebraska ....... I love the conf because I want the teams that we beat to be good teams (or the teams that beat us to be good teams). So my position is very self serving in that my good wishes for the Conf. have more to do with the Huskers than they do the conf and the team. Even our non-conf opponents I will pull for as it may be good for Nebraska if they win. When I see "conf. pride" I think of the SEC, and it will be a cold day in hell before I go to game and cheer for a conf. I mean WTF. This is a situation that I don't get at all. I guess if I were in the bottom 3/4 of the SEC I may find a reason to cheer for the conf. and not my team.

I love Nebraska ....... I love the conf because I want the teams that we beat to be good teams (or the teams that beat us to be good teams). So my position is very self serving in that my good wishes for the Conf. have more to do with the Huskers than they do the conf and the team. Even our non-conf opponents I will pull for as it may be good for Nebraska if they win. When I see "conf. pride" I think of the SEC, and it will be a cold day in hell before I go to game and cheer for a conf. I mean WTF. This is a situation that I don't get at all. I guess if I were in the bottom 3/4 of the SEC I may find a reason to cheer for the conf. and not my team.

I do like the B1G teams (except for TTUN) but you're right, i mainly do it so Ohio State looks better, and has a better shot and going to a good bowl. In terms of the bottom pack of the SEC, It gives them something to say at the end of the year if they went 7-5 and the rest of their conference are playing in National Championships and BCS bowls. Also, the SEC has done great recently in the bowl games, that just makes the bottom of the pile teams look better. That's why they root for Alabama, Florida, LSU, etc.

I do like the B1G teams (except for TTUN) but you're right, i mainly do it so Ohio State looks better, and has a better shot and going to a good bowl. In terms of the bottom pack of the SEC, It gives them something to say at the end of the year if they went 7-5 and the rest of their conference are playing in National Championships and BCS bowls. Also, the SEC has done great recently in the bowl games, that just makes the bottom of the pile teams look better. That's why they root for Alabama, Florida, LSU, etc.

Exactly ......... of course I still will not chant the Conf. name, I don't care that much.

I have B1G pride. I was happy leaving the little10.

It've been iffy about tOSU and PennscandalU, but time has a way...

I have zero attachment to IU, Purdue, MN (bottomfeeders). But I root for them to win NonCon.

I used to dog the "boring" ball of B1G but now I really see the grind of the sched.

Games are more tough and i like the physicality.

We need rivalry and years to get accepted, but I personally like it.

I have zero attachment to IU, Purdue, MN (bottomfeeders). But I root for them to win NonCon.

I used to dog the "boring" ball of B1G but now I really see the grind of the sched.

I think Wisconsin vs Nebraska is going to be a rivalry...

Its already building, and with division changes, it will be an every year game, likely for the division. Iowa's fans hate Nebraska in a similar way Colorado's did. And will likely never even hit that level of success against the Huskers. It might have the day after Thanksgiving slot, but I think Nebraska vs Wisconsin will be the one that matters the most.

Its already building, and with division changes, it will be an every year game, likely for the division. Iowa's fans hate Nebraska in a similar way Colorado's did. And will likely never even hit that level of success against the Huskers. It might have the day after Thanksgiving slot, but I think Nebraska vs Wisconsin will be the one that matters the most.

Iowa will likely play the spoiler role most of the time, while Wisconsin will be the prize fight to decide the division.

As a fan, I refuse to relinquish control of the B10 to Oho St. and Michigan..... I would hope the Nebraska program feels the same way.... Historically, and currently, what have they done that we can't do, or already haven't done? Nebraska is their equivalent.....

You don't have to, they have always had it. You'll notice more and more that when people talk about "the Big10," they actually mean the Big2.

Years ago I regarded the Big 10 as big, dumb, and slow. I laughed when they beat each other up and knocked each other out of the top 10. Two years later I have a different appreciation for the brutality of a B1G schedule.

I'm sure in time i will learn to root for the B1G in Non-conf and bowl games, just as I did in the Big12. Also fairly sure I will eventually hate tOSU as much as I still hate Texas.

FWIW, with pending divisional realignment, I also think Wisconsin would be a better Black Friday game.

I see a lot of people explaining how they are going back on their previous perceptions of the conference now that we are part of it. I will be 100% honest in saying that I always respected the Big 10 except for the part of copping out of the Bowl Alliance in the 90's and holding on to their contract with the Rose Bowl. That's really the only issue I've ever had because is did cause a stir for 2 of our 3 NC's. But overall, the Big10 always seem to represent to me the way football should be played, even in the 90's and 00's with the introduction of spread pass/option gimmicks. The Big10 always seemed to somewhat remain that smashmouth type of league with tradition and commraderie that made college what it is really about. Smashmouth ball in the cold. The way it was always meant to be.

As a fan, I refuse to relinquish control of the B10 to Oho St. and Michigan..... I would hope the Nebraska program feels the same way.... Historically, and currently, what have they done that we can't do, or already haven't done? Nebraska is their equivalent.....

Yo don't have to, they have always had it. You'll notice more and more that when people tal about the Big10, they actually mean the Big2.

Well, then it's up to us to change it. Talking won't do it. WINNING will do it.

I've got no problem putting the onus on ourselves to change perceptions...........