Got my first HS coaching gig

As some of you may know, I have been coaching football for almost 15 years. This year I was brought onto the staff at a local HS and will be co-offensive coordinator for the varsity team here in Southern Maryland. Last year this team went 7-3 and lost in round 2 of the playoffs. Although this means my days of coaching my 11 year old son's team are over, my family is really excited about me being brought onto the staff.

• Fire 1

awesome job!! i have never coached football and i realize the hiring process is a little more serious than water polo (which is the sport i coach)... but anyways its really a fun time and challenge!! I just hope you get paid well cuz your gonna be putting in a lot of hours......

now send some of your guys our way!

awesome job!! i have never coached football and i realize the hiring process is a little more serious than water polo (which is the sport i coach)... but anyways its really a fun time and challenge!! I just hope you get paid well cuz your gonna be putting in a lot of hours......

now send some of your guys our way!

Thanks but I don't get paid for it ;) The only one that makes the cash is the HC and any other teachers that are on the staff. With all the school cut backs I don't mind it at all. If I can coach football and try and steer young men in the right direction that's enough for me. Oh and tell them how great Nebraska is ;)

Thanks for the kind words. Stopped by the school after work and watched the guys doing their off season weight training. Our strength and condition coach has them doing Plyometrics. All I can say is WOW! They have come a long way since the days I attended HS.

The plyos and speed drills they do now are pretty sweet!

Plus it helps a ton if you have a feeder system into your high school, that can start running the same offense and defense by 7th grade.

Thanks for the kind words. Stopped by the school after work and watched the guys doing their off season weight training. Our strength and condition coach has them doing Plyometrics. All I can say is WOW! They have come a long way since the days I attended HS.

The plyos and speed drills they do now are pretty sweet!

Plus it helps a ton if you have a feeder system into your high school, that can start running the same offense and defense by 7th grade.

We have 3 different high schools in this one town. Lots of great competition in the Southern Maryland Athletic Conference (SMAC)

As some of you may know, I have been coaching football for almost 15 years. This year I was brought onto the staff at a local HS and will be co-offensive coordinator for the varsity team here in Southern Maryland. Last year this team went 7-3 and lost in round 2 of the playoffs. Although this means my days of coaching my 11 year old son's team are over, my family is really excited about me being brought onto the staff.

Congrats Coach! I see Co-OC but what is your main group responsibility, OL, QBs, etc?

Congrats Coach! I see Co-OC but what is your main group responsibility, OL, QBs, etc?

OL and QB....It appears that our HC want's to move towards the Pistol so we will be getting the players all ready for that.