How has Twitter/Facebook impacted college life?

I've always been a fan of "what you wear to bed" parties. Been to a "anything but clothes" party, that was interesting. A couple people wearing trash bags, some wearing reynolds wrap, and some kid trying to walk around in a sleeping bag.

ABC parties are a good time. I think I wore a flag one time.

Went to a Thug Life party a few times. It was always a blast.

it's made privacy more difficult to come by...

I remember in college, after games, seeing players out on O street, in and out of the bars, no big deal. Now, its like some jackass has to snap a photo of them and post it, then you get the lame reactions of "why is that guy not studying film or working out, talk about not caring about the team"

Also, this topic has now reminded me of this

http://www.theonion....ts-stalk,14364/

Heck, I remember after a game one time Jerry Gdowski getting up on stage at the Side Tracks with all of his player buddies and singing. It was funny as hell.

Mass texting is a big. LPD has cracked down on House Parties so people don't really want it out in public that they are throwing a rager.

Greek wise, they all have meetings every week where they announce where the parties are at and Social Chairs to ask if someone doesn't know, so they don't really need to send it out publicly.

LPD always just told everyone to leave at every party that has been busted that I'm at. They have bigger issues and better money makers out there.

I was actually at a party that was in an acreage type neighborhood where all the houses had real long driveways. There were about 75 cars parked along the driveway which is forested pretty nicely. The cops were actually waiting in the ditch down the road from the driveway and would give out DUIs when people would leave. When they finally did bust the party they estimated on the police report that there were around 400 people there. It was wild. Couple of my buddies hid on the roof.

Facebook/Social Media:

Definitely changed over my time in college. I was in school when Facebook was first opened to UNL students. Our first few parties were public events on FB and they got huge and out of control. Later, when FB was opened to anyone with an email address (not just university email addresses) we had to kick random high school kids out of parties. Eventually we just resorted to mass texting because it wasn't worth the hassle. Over time it definitely changed things at our house.

Parties:

Second for What You Wear to Bed party. (Only Halloween parties were better.)

Beer Olympics can be awesome as well but you'd probably want to wait until it warms up a bit.

LPD always just told everyone to leave at every party that has been busted that I'm at. They have bigger issues and better money makers out there.

I was actually at a party that was in an acreage type neighborhood where all the houses had real long driveways. There were about 75 cars parked along the driveway which is forested pretty nicely. The cops were actually waiting in the ditch down the road from the driveway and would give out DUIs when people would leave. When they finally did bust the party they estimated on the police report that there were around 400 people there. It was wild. Couple of my buddies hid on the roof.

Something like that happened while I was in highschool. Was at a party at a buddies house while his parents were out of town. Cops show up and start knocking on the doors, he doesnt answer and the cops can clearly see there are a ton of kids inside. They start setting up outside waiting for kids to leave. They breathalyzed everyone, and handed out something like 60 MIP's that night.

A buddy of mine actually hid in the kids storage room in the basement, in a large storage box for a couple of hours waiting for the cops to leave.

They give disorderly house tickets that progressively get higher with each offense. They stick with the house, not the offender. The party goers just get kicked out, unless they're being idiots.

They give disorderly house tickets that progressively get higher with each offense. They stick with the house, not the offender. The party goers just get kicked out, unless they're being idiots.

I've been to a few parties that have been busted. Each time they have 4-5 cops there and just tell any minor to leave and the rest of the people to quiet down if they don't want a ticket. I assume they have cops within a few blocks once they busy one to just pick up drunk drivers. Sometimes I wonder what really are cops priorities. Do they even care if minors drink or will they occasionally just bust some as part of there job? Do they really care if people speed? Or just hand out tickets because they have to meet a quota. Basically where is the line between people doing something that posses a threat to society where police have to intervene, and just daily actions that police really can care less about but hand out citations because of there job.