WR Rahshead Johnson [USC - Signed LOI]

I would take Lauderdale. We need immediate help at WR. Bell gets hurt frequently. JT hurt all year. We played alot of walk ons this year. Besides we need to win something meaningful next year or we could be looking at a new staff.

I can see your point but Burtch proved to be a good option, Westerkamp was pretty good and Moore was working his way in as the year progressed. Also, Allen should be able to contribute and Gladney might be an option for some depth. We only lose Enunwa and add Moore, Allen, Gladney and really Turner as guys who didn't really contribute this year. I think I'd rather have the four year guy myself.

Walk-on #87 Brandon Reilly wasn't playing bad ball either. Plus remember we already have a JUCO WR in Lockhart (3for3 guy).

So will look something like this:

Spot 1: KBell, ZoMoore, Reilly

Spot 2: Burtch, Allen, Gladney,

Spot 3: JTurner, Westerkamp, Lockhart

Can't ever have enough competition (unless you run out of scholarships, of course).

Interesting note from his coach, per McKewon:

Johnson has two good connections to Nebraska. One is cousin and former Husker safety Rickey Thenarse. Another is Brown himself, who was the head coach at Chaffey College when former Huskers Daimion Stafford and Joe Carter played there.

“I told Rahshead that once he sees the place he'll love it,” Brown said. “There aren't a lot of places in college football like it. A lot of L.A. guys have success at Nebraska. ... He can pick and choose what position he wants to play. He's a top receiver, but I know he's leaning toward playing some defense, too.

Interesting note from his coach, per McKewon:

Johnson has two good connections to Nebraska. One is cousin and former Husker safety Rickey Thenarse. Another is Brown himself, who was the head coach at Chaffey College when former Huskers Daimion Stafford and Joe Carter played there.

“I told Rahshead that once he sees the place he'll love it,” Brown said. “There aren't a lot of places in college football like it. A lot of L.A. guys have success at Nebraska. ... He can pick and choose what position he wants to play. He's a top receiver, but I know he's leaning toward playing some defense, too.

Let him play both ways man. Myles Jack does it. It's definitely possible especially at WR where guys are subbing in and out a lot.