S Mike Edwards

Anyone else hoping the SEC goes Deliverance on Kentucky this season?

So you hope the SEC sodomizes Kentucky this season? Thats a little extreme dont you think. Every time a kentucky player gets tackle's the opposing SEC player says " thats right squeal like a pig boy"

I was thinking Kentucky would just get the Ned Beatty treatment in the figurative rather than literal sense. Literal would be kinda icky. They are totally looking to raid Ohio and we'll be going head-to-head for a lot of guys. Last thing we need is that program getting any momentum.

I hear ya. We need those Ohio guys they are getting. Why didn't we hire Marrow. Just no positions available? Either way. We have what, 3 Ohio guys on our staff, and Marrow is out recruiting them all? We have to step it up. I would like to see us get 5 guys from Ohio every year. Just dont understand why they would want to go to a cellar dweller program over us. I dont care if its the SEC , they still suck.

Anyone else hoping the SEC goes Deliverance on Kentucky this season?

So you hope the SEC sodomizes Kentucky this season? Thats a little extreme dont you think. Every time a kentucky player gets tackle's the opposing SEC player says " thats right squeal like a pig boy"

I was thinking Kentucky would just get the Ned Beatty treatment in the figurative rather than literal sense. Literal would be kinda icky. They are totally looking to raid Ohio and we'll be going head-to-head for a lot of guys. Last thing we need is that program getting any momentum.

I hear ya. We need those Ohio guys they are getting. Why didn't we hire Marrow. Just no positions available? Either way. We have what, 3 Ohio guys on our staff, and Marrow is out recruiting them all? We have to step it up. I would like to see us get 5 guys from Ohio every year. Just dont understand why they would want to go to a cellar dweller program over us. I dont care if its the SEC , they still suck.

Not sure how true it is but a resident insider over on RSS said we've have had to promote Marrow too high to keep him. Supposedly he is very tight with Stoops and will have input on the Kentucky O, we'd have had to make Marrow at-least a co-coordinator to keep him.

• 2 weeks later...

Committed to Kentucky today. Guessing he won't be attending BRW. Not a good day for Husker recruiting.

Between Edwards and Bryan this is a crap day.

Getting sick of Kentucky out-recruiting us.

Hopefully them getting blasted this season will slow their momentum.

Committed to Kentucky today. Guessing he won't be attending BRW. Not a good day for Husker recruiting.

Between Edwards and Bryan this is a crap day.

Getting sick of Kentucky out-recruiting us.

Hopefully them getting blasted this season will slow their momentum.

Mr. Marrow is really utilizing his ties with Ohio to pull some of the top talent out of that state. You have to wonder how they're making their pushes and if there isn't some dirty work involved with how many of these kids they're getting away from Nebraska.

I don't think there is any "dirty work" going on, probably a lot of promises are being thrown around that Nebraska wont guarantee. They are also using the SEC factor - while Kentucky may suck nuts, no one can flat out deny the conference doesn't hold prestige in College Football. Marrow is a great recruiter, hell as an GA he won us several battles last year (that I don't think out own staff could have done on their own). Now as a full assistant and more time to recruit - he is going to be tough to beat. WTF couldn't we fire Barney Cotton and keep Marrow?

I don't think there is any "dirty work" going on, probably a lot of promises are being thrown around that Nebraska wont guarantee. They are also using the SEC factor - while Kentucky may suck nuts, no one can flat out deny the conference doesn't hold prestige in College Football. Marrow is a great recruiter, hell as an GA he won us several battles last year (that I don't think out own staff could have done on their own). Now as a full assistant and more time to recruit - he is going to be tough to beat. WTF couldn't we fire Barney Cotton and keep Marrow?

Exactly.

My two cents - I think too many people are hung up on these kids that are high profile and have all the scouting sites talking about them...Yes, they are great players and there is a reason they have the ranking they do...but, I feel there are plenty of kids who don't get looked at or don't have the high profile as some of the other kids because they can't make it to all the camps, etc...Doesn't mean they are not good players. I think Pelini and crew have done a good job of turning over stones to find these kids (as we don't have much of choice for obivous reasons)...I would love to get some of these high profile guys to commit to us, but your going to have a lot of sleepless nights if you worry about that too much. Maybe we should hire someone to start recruiting people to move to Nebraska...LOL. Seriously though...I live in Texas and I would move back to corn country in a second if my wife would let me! :)

Exactly.

Bo is an extremely loyal man. It is extremely tough on him to let people go or lose them. Barney has coached at Nebraska for years and is loyal to the University. He's not a threat to leave our staff for a promotion at another institution. That's pretty rare. He's a little bit of an icon. His affiliation with the University runs deep and he has lots of internal connections. Plus we have 2 of his sons on our team who are both turning out to be solid football players and who will both most likely play a lot this fall. it's not as easy as just pulling the plug. I think there has been a process in place for a while to transition him... but I think they're being careful in how they're doing it to honor him with all the time he has dedicated as a player and coach for all these years. If you notice... they brought Garrison in as a GA, then moved him into the TE's/OL coach to help Barney, now Barney is taking over the TE's and John is coaching the OL. They have also been making room for him in the football offices to move him into more of an administrative role with the football team. I think over the next 1-2 years you will see the change happen. Garrison has been brought in to be the future of our OL.

Exactly.

if that was the case we would have Edwards, Jarrett Larubbio, Thaddeus Snodgrass committed to us. Not to mention McWilson from last year. And Heard would still be on the team.

So many positives chuckleshuffle