Defensive Position Changes

I have been thinking about the lack of returning starters on defense, and I was wonder what your thoughts are regarding position changes. Cornerback is the one position where there is a surplus of talent, and many of the players have good size. Would it make sense to move the bigger players, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Mohammed Seisay, for example to safety or even linebacker?

I don't follow other teams as close as I do the Huskers, but is there as much rotation on rosters on other teams as there is on the Huskers?

I travel the boards of the BCS schools and a few others, All teams move players to a position of need or the player may be better suited to play a different position. It's usually a very talented player being buried in the depth chart at his original position, The staff is trying to find a way to get him on the field. Sometimes it works, other times not so much. Steinkuhler is a perfect example in my opinion. A 5 star offensive tackle switched to D tackle. Great talent, but out of position.

I don't follow other teams as close as I do the Huskers, but is there as much rotation on rosters on other teams as there is on the Huskers?

I travel the boards of the BCS schools and a few others, All teams move players to a position of need or the player may be better suited to play a different position. It's usually a very talented player being buried in the depth chart at his original position, The staff is trying to find a way to get him on the field. Sometimes it works, other times not so much. Steinkuhler is a perfect example in my opinion. A 5 star offensive tackle switched to D tackle. Great talent, but out of position.

His choice. I would have liked to see him at left tackle. Every thing I heard when he came out of high-school was he was an absolute beast of an O-Linemen. Probably would have had no trouble getting to NFL on offense.

The only position changes on defense that I can see happening is on the DL. We already moved CJ to Safety, before the end of last season. Bo stated in one of his press conferences that the line is going to have to be more hybrid and play more than just one type of defense and position. I think that means you will see players like McMullen, who is a stud at DE, play DL since his size and athleticism allows him to do that and it gets these players some playing time. He said we will only RS a few players from this class, so I take it, you will see many of these guys on Special Teams or filling in for depth, if they have what it takes.

Jonathon Rose is practicing at saftey. H Jackson and Cooper have been the 1s and C Jax and Rose the 2s. Doesnt mean much for the first practice as far as 1s and 2s go but im happy to to see Rose at saftey for now. Once all the CBs graduate after this season i could see the young safteys from the 2013 class taking over and CJax and Rose taking over at CB.

The way Bo and TJ run practice the CB and Safteys end up practicing at both positions anyway

Jonathon Rose is practicing at saftey. H Jackson and Cooper have been the 1s and C Jax and Rose the 2s. Doesnt mean much for the first practice as far as 1s and 2s go but im happy to to see Rose at saftey for now. Once all the CBs graduate after this season i could see the young safteys from the 2013 class taking over and CJax and Rose taking over at CB.

The way Bo and TJ run practice the CB and Safteys end up practicing at both positions anyway

Interesting news on the 1s and 2s man... Thanks.

That situation will definitely bear watching as the spring and summer play out. I know seem REALLY high on Rose at S saying he should start right away, and obviously CJax just has that swagger that would seem to make him an ideal safety, so I'm very interested in seeing if HJax and Cooper can find a way to hold onto their starting spots.

Then again, could just be the old MO of giving the most experienced guys the leg up initially...

I thought Rose was supposed to have one of the corner spots basically locked up?

I thought Rose was supposed to have one of the corner spots basically locked up?

Thats what I thought too. Rose moving to Safety is news to me.