And the happiest city in America is...

The lights are well done on 9th and 10th streets. Same with the longer stretches (like P/Q, 16th, etc) downtown. Cornhusker in general is usually pretty good. The problem isn't really the lights, its the lack of well-designed and well-located major thoroughfares with which to cross town, which necessitates the oddly times lights in the first place.

You guys ain't seen nuthin' :D

If you're talking about traffic, I have. I worked on Market Street in San Francisco, and commuted there from Los Altos. I know traffic. No, Lincoln's traffic isn't big-city traffic. But that doesn't mean it isn't bad. It's just bad in different ways.

I'll bet that was a while back. It was probably bad back then. But MUCH worse now. If you wanted to get to Market Street from Los Altos (~40 miles) by, say, 9:00am, you'd prolly need to start by about 6:00am. That is some crazy traffic up and down the 101.

Our Los Altos apartment was at the intersections of Foothills Expressway and I-280. I hopped on the 280, drove up the peninsula, then took 380 over to the 101, then up into the city. Drove past the San Andreas fault, the lakes, through the hills, then past Candlestick Park (or whatever corporation has the naming rights today) and the Cow Palace, then up into the jungle of the city.

We lived in that apartment for about a year, then moved to Foster City, and from there I took the 101 up to the city past SFO, but it still wasn't that bad. The worst part of the drive were the few blocks from the 101 to 8th & Market. Our offices were atop the Whitcomb Hotel, and I think I spent as much time fighting traffic/foot traffic on the surface streets of San Francisco as I did driving up from Foster City. It was just a sea of people and you could only inch forward a bit at a time.

Depends on when you're driving and where you're going. That is clearly the exception, not the rule. I've been driving in this city for over two decades, including a few years as a delivery driver. People don't get around this town that easily on a regular basis.

nope just depends on being awsum

metal.gif?w=380

Depends on when you're driving and where you're going. That is clearly the exception, not the rule. I've been driving in this city for over two decades, including a few years as a delivery driver. People don't get around this town that easily on a regular basis.

Did you deliver milk?

Rent-A-Center gig during school. I delivered rent-to-own appliances, electronics and furniture to the bowels of Lincoln. It was a pretty horrendous job.

Did you deliver milk?

My guess was ice.

Did you deliver milk?

My guess was ice.

:lol: Cause he's old!!

It wasn't because he is strong :D

nope just depends on being awsum

false-dwight.gif

• Fire 1

DC as the happiest "large community" in the country? This is the most messed up survey I've ever been subjected to.

As a current resident, I can say that I disagree that DC is the happiest largest community. A lot of residents are POed the government can't put their heads together to solve our country's problems... yet alone do their jobs!

Sometime I'd like to race someone (me biking them driving) from the capitol building to 84th and O. Only problem is during rush hour all of the crosswalks along the MoPac take three times as long to turn. Damn drivers.

(It is weird to see people complaining about traffic. I only go east of 17th street about once a month).

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a '66 Chevelle which I kept in a friend's garage for several years. When I finally decided to drive it to my place, I was reminded that car had virtually no brakes. My top speed from Calvert to Superior on 48th street was probably about 17 MPH. All the drivers in front of me would mash on the gas pedal when the lights turned green, only to slam on the brakes at the next light. I didn't have to stop at a single light, not that I could. I still made it across town at the same time as all those crazy a$$hole$ in front of me.