Iowa St. 2009. Niles Paul simply dropping the ball while walking into the endzone. If that's not curseworth, I just dont know what is.

Damn you !! I've spent the better part of 3 1/2 years trying to purge the image of that game out of my head, and now you have to bring it back up. I've never entered Memorial Stadium more confident, spent the next 3 hrs. laughing my arse off, and then walking in a stupor to my car trying to figure out what had just happened. Oh, wait, there was that one night during my sophmore year in college .............. but that's beside the point. That game was the unravelling of everything Husker History had built.

Iowa St. 2009. Niles Paul simply dropping the ball while walking into the endzone. If that's not curseworth, I just dont know what is.

Damn you !! I've spent the better part of 3 1/2 years trying to purge the image of that game out of my head, and now you have to bring it back up. I've never entered Memorial Stadium more confident, spent the next 3 hrs. laughing my arse off, and then walking in a stupor to my car trying to figure out what had just happened. Oh, wait, there was that one night during my sophmore year in college .............. but that's beside the point. That game was the unravelling of everything Husker History had built.

Honestly though. You look at that game and do things like that not make you wonder? Not just the Niles Paul hiccup. but Mike McNeill had a long pass completion to inside the ten or so and he suffered a fluke fumble. Dontrayevous Robinson plunged into the goaline for a TD but somehow lost the ball. Helu coughed one up inside the 5 that had to be reviewed for what seemed like forever. Then 2 more int's late, all the while we only had to get to the ISU 40 yard line or so because we were only down by 2 damn points.

If he wasn't still doing that, on just special teams alone, then I would believe it was a curse lol.

That ISU game was horrid though. Just one of those games where you couldn't do anything right.

Did not win division. Did not play in a CCG. Snuk in the NC game through the backdoor on the most ridiculous series of upsets and certain teams winning that I have personally ever witnessed.

Your absolutely right. I forgot we didn't even play in the CCG. Ugh, makes it even more obvious why Solich got fired. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. Great coach, but out of 6 years, he took us to the CCG one time, and winning it. He had a franchise handed to him. We should have had much more success than what we did.

Its sad that Bo has taken us to more CCG's than Solich and Callahan put together. We didn't win them, but I would rather make it there, and show progress. Solich took us to one in '99, and Callahan in '06. Bo has taken us to 3 in 5 years, '09, '10, & '13. We could have won two of them, I don't even want to get into that, and we got blown out last year.

With all this talk about Iowa State 2009, we may be forgetting Texas 2010, featuring at least two perfectly drawn up and executed touchdown plays where the receiver dropped the ball, one of them being the normally heroic Rex Burkhead. There were at least three other big plays nullified when Martinez hit the receiver right in the hands and the ball simply fell to the ground. There were probably some fumbles and stupid penalties, too, but I keep pushing the details down in my memory, hoping they'll go away.

To be honest, something already felt lost with Solich's 7-7 season, and his 10 - 3 final season felt a lot like Bo's last two 10 - 4 years.

There was more parity in the Big 12 than there had been in the Big 8, and more still in the Big 10. The sun belt colleges started recruiting their own huge high school talent pool instead of letting them get poached by college football legacy programs like Nebraska.

Nebraska is still in the mix. That's something. But we lost our offensive line pipeline, and our defense turned into an embarrassment. Can't blame that on fluke plays, Solich, Callahan or curses. That's something our defensive-minded coach really needs to fix in his sixth season.

With all this talk about Iowa State 2009, we may be forgetting Texas 2010, featuring at least two perfectly drawn up and executed touchdown plays where the receiver dropped the ball, one of them being the normally heroic Rex Burkhead. There were at least three other big plays nullified when Martinez hit the receiver right in the hands and the ball simply fell to the ground. There were probably some fumbles and stupid penalties, too, but I keep pushing the details down in my memory, hoping they'll go away.

And in the extra second CCG game our reliable through the end zone kicker shanks the kickoff out of bounds, followed by a bone headed personal foul, or Texas wouldn't have scored with an extra hour.

To be honest, something already felt lost with Solich's 7-7 season, and his 10 - 3 final season felt a lot like Bo's last two 10 - 4 years.

There was more parity in the Big 12 than there had been in the Big 8, and more still in the Big 10. The sun belt colleges started recruiting their own huge high school talent pool instead of letting them get poached by college football legacy programs like Nebraska.

Nebraska is still in the mix. That's something. But we lost our offensive line pipeline, and our defense turned into an embarrassment. Can't blame that on fluke plays, Solich, Callahan or curses. That's something our defensive-minded coach really needs to fix in his sixth season.

The 2003 season is starting to bother me. At the time I was thrilled with the way Bo turned around the defense. I ignored the blowout losses because the D was so bad the previous year. Now I see a trend. Bo tends to have blowouts performance on D every year.

And in the extra second CCG game our reliable through the end zone kicker shanks the kickoff out of bounds, followed by a bone headed personal foul, or Texas wouldn't have scored with an extra hour.

Oh yes. More curse-worthy moments. Special teams and defense play near perfect football for 59 minutes. Then, combined, they are responsible for 35 yards in free field position in a game lost on a 40+ yard field goal.

I'm starting to think this curse thing has legs.

Did not win division. Did not play in a CCG. Snuk in the NC game through the backdoor on the most ridiculous series of upsets and certain teams winning that I have personally ever witnessed.

Yeah, it was literrally blind luck that we were even in the game.

I wouldn't call it luck... Any other team sent to play Miami that year was going to get beat soundly.

Your absolutely right. I forgot we didn't even play in the CCG. Ugh, makes it even more obvious why Solich got fired. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. Great coach, but out of 6 years, he took us to the CCG one time, and winning it. He had a franchise handed to him. We should have had much more success than what we did.

Its sad that Bo has taken us to more CCG's than Solich and Callahan put together. We didn't win them, but I would rather make it there, and show progress. Solich took us to one in '99, and Callahan in '06. Bo has taken us to 3 in 5 years, '09, '10, & '13. We could have won two of them, I don't even want to get into that, and we got blown out last year.

Bo hasn't made progress cause each time Bo took us we started to lose by a bigger margin. It seems that winning the championship continue to eludes Bo. I'm not one of those fans that would get to the championship more times then only to lose it then rather getting there less times and winning it.

Bo hasn't made progress cause each time Bo took us we started to lose by a bigger margin. It seems that winning the championship continue to eludes Bo. I'm not one of those fans that would get to the championship more times then only to lose it then rather getting there less times and winning it.

Why are you always negative?

Bo hasn't made any progress being here? Come on dude. I honestly can't take anything you say serious. Getting there is step one. As long as we can get there, we will start winning them.

No. No, no, no, no, no. That didn't happen. Just as our totally reliable defense didn't give up two totally uncharacteristic plays in the last minute against Va. Tech the same year.

Those would be tragic freak plays that would force me to reconsider this curse thingy.

Back down you go into the repressed cauldron of bile, memories!