Bo hasn't made progress cause each time Bo took us we started to lose by a bigger margin. It seems that winning the championship continue to eludes Bo. I'm not one of those fans that would get to the championship more times then only to lose it then rather getting there less times and winning it.

Why are you always negative?

Bo hasn't made any progress being here? Come on dude. I honestly can't take anything you say serious. Getting there is step one. As long as we can get there, we will start winning them.

I'm not always negative. I know it seems that way. I just don't sugarcoat stuff. Yes Bo has done an excellent job on having consistent winning seasons. But instead of being content with that let's go for a higher goal.

Also, Bo hasn't made much progress.

And he's actually regressed on defense, supposedly his strong suit.

And the wheels-falling-off blowouts. Ouch.

After five seasons I think it's fair to observe this without being considered unduly negative.

Bo's a big boy. He knows it's time to earn that salary bump.

I'm not always negative. I know it seems that way. I just don't sugarcoat stuff. Yes Bo has done an excellent job on having consistent winning seasons. But instead of being content with that let's go for a higher goal.

Who said anyone was content? Sugarcoat? Sugarcoating isn't saying Bo hasn't made any progress. Thats just being blind to the obvious and wanting something to gripe about. Sorry, not trying to argue, but that is just naive. Bo has one of the most dangerous offenses in the nation, talent wise. Limit the stupid turnovers, we could easily have a top 3 offense. Defense, now has the talent, but lacks the experience. How will that effect us? No one here knows and I mean no one. Higher goal? My goal has always been to win our division, then win the CCG when we get there. I don't think anyone is content with 9-10 win seasons. Us that are more "Okay" with it, are the ones that remember how quickly things can go bad and having a 6-6 season, or a 5-7 season. Bo is also reviving our walk on program and pulling All American Academicans through the roof. I am sorry, I didn't expect to win a NC by now. Making it to a CCG is a step above any of the previous coaches have done after Osborne. Leave the past behind, because its just that... the past.

7-7 to 10-3 to 5-6 to 8-4 to 9-5 to 5-7 to 9/10 wins for 5 straight years. Seems like progress to me. Maybe not much, but progress nonetheless.

Quit being so damn positive, that's not how us Nebraska fans work.

:sarcasm

• Fire 1

7-7 to 10-3 to 5-6 to 8-4 to 9-5 to 5-7 to 9/10 wins for 5 straight years. Seems like progress to me. Maybe not much, but progress nonetheless.

But.... but... but we didn't win a National Title!!! THATS NOT PROGRESS!!!!! /sarcasm

Seriously, how can people be so pissed off or down all the time? Some people make it seem like being a Husker fan is so rough, and they hate being a fan.

I guess I would see it as a curse of some sort if Solich hadn't gone 9-4, 7-7, 10-3 in those years. I think you have to win something and be dominant and then have something weird happen for it to be a curse. If Solich won a title and then got fired or was fired for not winning the title, I could see the curse.

But we'll also never know what couldve been with a retaining of Frank-with his new staff, new recruiting direction, and revamped defense.

I guess I would see it as a curse of some sort if Solich hadn't gone 9-4, 7-7, 10-3 in those years. I think you have to win something and be dominant and then have something weird happen for it to be a curse. If Solich won a title and then got fired or was fired for not winning the title, I could see the curse.

It is a curse because Solich was fired for going 10 and 3, and 10 years later NU has never been as good as 10 and 3. Maybe NU should give the Solich family premium seats for eternity in an attempt to end this curse. Personally, I would like to see Solich and Peedy in a celebrity boxing match. The curse would have to be broken when Frankie knocks out Peedy ;)

Who said anyone was content? Sugarcoat? Sugarcoating isn't saying Bo hasn't made any progress. Thats just being blind to the obvious and wanting something to gripe about. Sorry, not trying to argue, but that is just naive. Bo has one of the most dangerous offenses in the nation, talent wise. Limit the stupid turnovers, we could easily have a top 3 offense. Defense, now has the talent, but lacks the experience. How will that effect us? No one here knows and I mean no one. Higher goal? My goal has always been to win our division, then win the CCG when we get there. I don't think anyone is content with 9-10 win seasons. Us that are more "Okay" with it, are the ones that remember how quickly things can go bad and having a 6-6 season, or a 5-7 season. Bo is also reviving our walk on program and pulling All American Academicans through the roof. I am sorry, I didn't expect to win a NC by now. Making it to a CCG is a step above any of the previous coaches have done after Osborne. Leave the past behind, because its just that... the past.

LOL. Solich took us the National Championship and oh by the way we won a conference championship. Callahan took us to the conference championship game. The only thing Bo has done different is keep the winning percentage higher.

LOL. Solich took us snuk us into the National Championship and oh by the way we won a conference championship. Callahan took us to the conference championship game. The only thing Bo has done different is keep the winning percentage higher.

Couldnt help but edit. It's still the biggest asterisk in our program's history. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

As far as only keeping the winning percentage higher-isnt that pretty much the whole objective that leads to everything else?

LOL. Solich took us snuk us into the National Championship and oh by the way we won a conference championship. Callahan took us to the conference championship game. The only thing Bo has done different is keep the winning percentage higher.

Couldnt help but edit. It's still the biggest asterisk in our program's history. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

As far as only keeping the winning percentage higher-isnt that pretty much the whole objective that leads to everything else?

It should but sooner or later you have to build success on having a high winning percentage. Right now we are stuck in the middle. Then the question becomes "Does Bo have what it takes as a coach to move even higher"? There are some coaches who can get to the brink of ultimate success but never finish. I hope Bo isn't one.

Thank you very much for editing that for me, so I didn't have to. Solich has only won us a CCG that he can actually say he did because of his coaching. But, husker_99, based upon your words, he still didn't win it, so it doesn't matter either way right?

I mean, seriously... Solich has ONE CCG appearance, which he won out of SIX years. One national title, which I am still astonished on how we made it when we didn't even win our division, and we got curb stomped by Colorado. Bo has 3 CCG appearances, which 2 of them were VERY winnable and were ours, 3rd one was an embarrassment, in 5 years. Sure, Bo didn't win them, but he wasn't given a fully built franchise, like Solich had the luxury of, with a full coaching staff that was TO's.

It should but sooner or later you have to build success on having a high winning percentage. Right now we are stuck in the middle. Then the question becomes "Does Bo have what it takes as a coach to move even higher"? There are some coaches who can get to the brink of ultimate success but never finish. I hope Bo isn't one.

As long as Bo can keep getting high recruiting classes, and kids who want to be here, like he is now, we should have no problem getting over this "hump". We are lucky to have the record we had last year. Bo and/or the players put it in drive and made amazing things happen when everyone thought it was over. For these kids to have that mentality, and the offense being young (for the most part), that falls back on coaching. Things are being done right, and I believe, for once, we have a pretty good staff, with the exception of a coach or two. This year will tell if we have what it takes, or is "So and So" a complete bust. Mediocre season, will most likely find assistants finding new jobs. Bo has to get guys in here, if the guys that are here, can't get the job done. Head Coach can only do so much, and much of the HC's winning BCS/MNC's right now, have great assistants. Saban's assistants makes that team the way they are. Of course he has a big influence, but their success isn't all because of him. Same for Osborne back in the 90's.

As you said, I also hope Bo isn't that coach who can't get us where we need to be, when we clearly have the talent.