Ok, so what are Minnesota;s and Iowa State's and Washington State's and Virginia's and all of the other crappy teams' curses?

Are they supposed to be elite?

That's why we're cursed.

Minnesota was 'elite' back before the invention of Rock n'Roll....

So you can only be cursed if you were "elite" at some point? I admittedly don't know much when it comes to births and babies and curses.

The way I understand it is that the teams labelled "cursed" are teams for which it just doesn't make sense why they can't get over the hump and win that championship. The Cubs and Red Sox are some of the most popular and supported teams in the country. They have huge fan bases, financial support, etc. and yet for some reason they couldn't cash it in. For a long time.

I think that only Husker fans at this point would say we are cursed because some of us just don't understand why the 90's don't keep happening every decade.

For Iowa State, it actually does make sense why they are not elite.

For Minnesota, I would actually call them cursed. For decades they were the sh@t, but have had a drought that has lasted since the 1960's. Minneapolis is a large metropolis with football-crazed people. The University is one of the largest in the country with a huge number of alumni. The Gophers curse is, I believe, the Vikings. The NFL started eclipsing college football in the 60's and 70's at the national level (but not everywhere).

Billy Sianis was asked to leave a Cubs World Series game because his goat (that he brought to the game) smelled. He placed a curse on the Cubs, and now it has over 100 years since the Cubs have won a World Series.

The Red Sox had won five world series prior to 1920 when they sold Babe Ruth. The Red Sox didn’t win another World Series for 86 years after one of Ruth’s bats was purchased by a Red Sox fan and burned.

It has now been 10 years since Frank Solich was fired for letting the team “gravitate into mediocrity”. When Solich was fired in 2003 the Husker’s record was 10 and 3 (0.769). The best record since has been 10 and 4 (0.714). I have a theory that there is a Solich curse. The Huskers will never have a season as good as the 2003 season until the curse is broken. What will it take to break the curse?

I'm not so sure about this curse. Did Solich have a goat?

Wait, was that the rumor of why he was let go? Because he "had" a goat?

2008 - Great offense, poor defense

2009 - Poor offense, great defense

2010 - Injuries + penalties

2011 - Decent offense, decent defense

2012 - Great offense, poor defense

I wouldn't say we're cursed, I'd just say we haven't put together a complete team, other than 2010 when we had injuries and an onslaught of penalties due to leaving the Big XII.

• Fire 1

Billy Sianis was asked to leave a Cubs World Series game because his goat (that he brought to the game) smelled. He placed a curse on the Cubs, and now it has over 100 years since the Cubs have won a World Series.

The Red Sox had won five world series prior to 1920 when they sold Babe Ruth. The Red Sox didn’t win another World Series for 86 years after one of Ruth’s bats was purchased by a Red Sox fan and burned.

It has now been 10 years since Frank Solich was fired for letting the team “gravitate into mediocrity”. When Solich was fired in 2003 the Husker’s record was 10 and 3 (0.769). The best record since has been 10 and 4 (0.714). I have a theory that there is a Solich curse. The Huskers will never have a season as good as the 2003 season until the curse is broken. What will it take to break the curse?

I'm not so sure about this curse. Did Solich have a goat?

Wait, was that the rumor of why he was let go? Because he "had" a goat?

I think is was a goat that let him go.

There is a big difference between the Curse of the Billygoat and what has happened at Nebraska.

I happen to be a fan of both teams.

The Cubs have gone through periods in their existence since the Goat was kicked out of the game where they honestly tried like hell to win it all. Something always happened to prevent it.

Nebraska simply was torn completely apart as any semblance of what they were before by Peddy and Cally. It has taken a number of years to get back to that. Some people don't want to see it but we have come a long ways since Cally was fired and our program has gone through one hell of a lot of turmoil with the conference change in that time also. What we need now is stability with a coach that recruits and coaches and motivates the team. I believe we have all of that.

:yeah

GBR!!!