Nebraska Wrestling

Reaction thoughts:

125--Nice job by Reno and he really fought on bottom.  Hildebrandt is really tough on top so Reno keeping things to a regular decision was a pretty great result.

133--RBY is a national champ and wrestled like it.  Man he's fun to watch.

141--This is realistically about as good as it'll get for Red v. Lee.  I just don't see a path to how he's ever beating Lee without Lee making some kind of crazy mistake.  No shame though, Lee is about as good as it gets.  I think Red should be able to get AA status again.

149--Great job by Lovett although I would've liked to see him cut Bartlett once he secured the riding time point to try and work towards a MD.  Him going from being folded in half like a chair to scoring on a double leg was incredible and had me laughing out loud.

157--Bleh, same old Robb.  He shoots right away and predictably gets the TD and then he just kinda shut it down and barely hung on.

165--No real opinion, backup guy at NU.

174--Pretty much exactly what I was hoping to see out of Labs.  Sweet duck unders!

184--Welp, Brooks is really freaking good haha.

197--Nice job by Schultz getting the win over the backup guy who also AA'd last year (man PSU has crazy depth).  I don't know about that 3rd stall call when Beard had Schultz's leg in a single leg position.  Seemed like a pretty quick stall call but hey, we'll take it.

HWT--Kerkvilet is a lot more athletic than Lance and it showed.  HWT seems to have a pretty clear pecking order now.  Gable is miles ahead of everyone and then you have Parris/Kerkvilet/Cass all lumped in there next (I haven't seen Schultz from ASU wrestle so no opinion there).

All in all, about what  I expected.  Also, I really like the head ref, was calling stalling exactly how I like to see it called.  Get these guys moving around and force some action.  Was a pleasant surprise.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Caught most of the dual yesterday, feel asleep for 25 minutes or during it lol.  #Middaynaps

125--Nice job by Reno, looked aggressive

133--Not much you can do, Byrd is pretty tough

141--Nice to see Red get the win, probably should've been awarded the pin.  Duncan was definitely the aggressor but Red did a nice job countering Duncan's mistake.  

149--Nice solid win by Lovett, would've been nice to see him try and get the MD

157--Same old Robb.  He seems to wrestle to the level of his competition.

165---Braunagel absolutely put it on Wilson.  Woof.

174--Good job by Labs.  Dominated.

184--Braunagel #2 wrecked Venz.  Really impressive display by him.  Venz couldn't get anything going.

197--Awesome job by Schultz, really pushed the pace.  The Illinois wrestler wasn't doing jack squat during the match, should've gotten dinged for stalling a few times.

HWT--Man, Lance is wrestling well.

Big ol dual coming this week against Iowa!

• Plus1 2

Homer NU Prediction

125--This assumes Ybarra wrestles, NU by dec

133--IA by MD

141--Red pulls out some magic, NU by dec

149--if Turk wrestles, NU might win by DQ lol, Turk is such a piece of $h%^.  NU by dec

157--Robb by dec

165--The Bull by MD

174--Labs by dec

184--Venz by MD

197--Schultz by dec

285--Slim Cass by dec

NU 22 IA 11

What I actually think happens

125--True toss up, slightest of edges to IA

133--DeSanto by TF

141--Red gets super close to a couple TDs by Eiermann's funk is too much, IA by dec

149--Lovett wins by dec over Murin or MD against Turk

157--Robb gets an early TD, proceeds to never shoot again, loses 5-3 in SV because he gives a riding time point that sends it to SV.

165--Marinelli by TF

174--Might be the best match of the night.  Grandpa Mike by the slimmest of margins.

184--Venz hasn't been in good recent form but I think he gets the dec

197--This one will be an absolute rock fight, Schultz/Warner are 2-2 against each other and both are in good form.  I think Schultz pulls it out at home 3-2.

HWT--Lance has been a great surprise this season and is wrestling well, Cassioppi is just a tier above him, Cass by dec

IA 25 NU 9

• Plus1 1