Status Update

I wanna know why I can no longer view status updates on my mobile device! That's what I wanna know!

I don't believe it's in the mobile version of the site. It's an invision add-on that, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be too well integrated into the software, as nice as it is. For example, statuses themselves can't be reported. And status history I'm not sure is even possible to view.

I wanna know why I can no longer view status updates on my mobile device! That's what I wanna know!
Scroll down to bottom off screen. Hit Full Version. Profit.
In full version. It shows recent threads tab on right. Used to show status updates as well. No longer does. No profit.

Well then your mobile device is messed up, cause it works just fine on mine.

In full version. It shows recent threads tab on right. Used to show status updates as well. No longer does. No profit.

Well then your mobile device is messed up, cause it works just fine on mine.

Im not sure why it would be my mobile device when I can see the birthdays and recent threads just fine. It doesn't really bother me that much. I just wanted to be included in the thread.

I realize these are rhetorical questions. But actually, yeah, there are people for whom swearing is an integral part of language. (C N Red, I am NOT saying you’re one of these people). I worked construction during summers between UNL. Some of the construction crew guys would sprinkle every sentence with an f-bomb or two. For a while, I picked up that habit. Used to swear like a sailor in my everyday speech—back then, not now. It’s a hard habit to completely shake.

OTOH, if twenty-something guy goofed around on the Interwebz all summer instead of working construction, he might sprinkle his posts with Ponies instead of profanity. These are just two different way of embellishing your communication. One is NOT acceptable for the eyes of a kindergartner. The other is ONLY acceptable for the eyes of a kindergartner.

The distinction that even if it's ingrained, it's not a necessity, and I fail to see how it's beneficial.

First, I’m not one who makes a habit of using profanity on the open board—okay, maybe once in a great while. But not often, at least. But I guess some people think there is benefit in using profanity to embellish their communications. Just like some people use ponies. (used?)

===============

So... they're used to using such language. Are you implying that such language is appropriate for all places, all times? It's not, not remotely, and I fail to see the relevance of this at all.

I cannot remotely see why you’d think I’m implying such a thing. Given the time you spend in the Politics forum I’m surprised you aren’t more stealthy at creating straw men.

I swear profusely while driving. I swear while working on household projects. I swear in all kinds of situations. But I have the wit to realize that there are places where it's not appropriate, no matter how much an integral part of my vernacular it might be.

These are simple, basic filters everyone should have. Knowing the times and places for behaviors and attitudes. Anyone not grasping that has far bigger problems than not being allowed to swear on a message board.

LOL. Sounds to me like you use profanity a great deal more than I do. You’re not a construction worker, are you?

First, I’m not one who makes a habit of using profanity on the open board—okay, maybe once in a great while. But not often, at least. But I guess some people think there is benefit in using profanity to embellish their communications. Just like some people use ponies. (used?)

I never used ponies to embellish my communication :P

If they think profanity is needed for that, I mean okay, but I would just encourage them to gain a proper vocabulary.

I realize these are rhetorical questions. But actually, yeah, there are people for whom swearing is an integral part of language. (C N Red, I am NOT saying you’re one of these people). I worked construction during summers between UNL. Some of the construction crew guys would sprinkle every sentence with an f-bomb or two. For a while, I picked up that habit. Used to swear like a sailor in my everyday speech—back then, not now. It’s a hard habit to completely shake.

OTOH, if twenty-something guy goofed around on the Interwebz all summer instead of working construction, he might sprinkle his posts with Ponies instead of profanity. These are just two different way of embellishing your communication. One is NOT acceptable for the eyes of a kindergartner. The other is ONLY acceptable for the eyes of a kindergartner.

So... they're used to using such language. Are you implying that such language is appropriate for all places, all times? It's not, not remotely, and I fail to see the relevance of this at all.

I cannot remotely see why you’d think I’m implying such a thing. Given the time you spend in the Politics forum I’m surprised you aren’t more stealthy at creating straw men.

It's not a straw man, it's a question of motive. After both zoogies and I explained why swearing here is not appropriate, you reply with reasons why one might swear. Presuming you're coming up with an excuse why people might swear here is a logical conclusion to arrive at, and extrapolating that to an all times/all places extreme to show the absurdity of that stance was a valid response.

Huh. Perhaps you closed it? The entire sidebar section is collapsable. There's a button somewhere at the top that appears when you hover over the area. Try to find it and see if that makes it reappear.

OK, never mind, I guess it's just the statuses. What mobile device/browser are you using? Does the problem persist if you log out, or use a different browser on your mobile?

I think we're getting a little off topic in the other discussion. There's nothing wrong with swearing (at all), but a family-friendly message board isn't the place to do it. Just try to be reasonably clean-mouthed :)

It's not a straw man, it's a question of motive. After both zoogies and I explained why swearing here is not appropriate, you reply with reasons why one might swear. Presuming you're coming up with an excuse why people might swear here is a logical conclusion to arrive at, and extrapolating that to an all times/all places extreme to show the absurdity of that stance was a valid response.

"extrapolating that to an all times/all places extreme" --- Isn’t THAT pretty much the definition of a strawman? Oh well. At least you gussied your post up with pseudo-lawyerly sounding language (question of motive; logical conclusion; valid response). Which is cute. :lol:

TwfXKCs.gif

Some of you see swearing on a message board as bad, I am not one who agrees especially when it's censored anyway. It's the internet, it's a message board, it's not church so get off the high horses thinking this board is holy or something. We will agree to disagree, but I don't do well when people think they are right when talking about something that is opinion based and then basically try to tell me what to do and what to believe in. Other peoples "right way" isn't necessarily everyone else's "right way."

Some of you see swearing on a message board as bad, I am not one who agrees especially when it's censored anyway. It's the internet, it's a message board, it's not church so get off the high horses thinking this board is holy or something. We will agree to disagree, but I don't do well when people think they are right when talking about something that is opinion based and then basically try to tell me what to do and what to believe in. Other peoples "right way" isn't necessarily everyone else's "right way."

This board, much like life, has rules. It is your choice if you want to follow them. Your stance that you are somehow a victim is interesting. I'd work on that before they hand you your diploma.

Some people think Shaggybevo is wonderful. It is not the type of message board that I would frequent.

I used to think Knapp was kind of a boner. As I have had the opportunity to got to other message boards, I have realized that the mods here do a very good job of keeping this board in order. I think Huskerboard is better than most of the pay sites that I have seen.

This board, much like life, has rules. It is your choice if you want to follow them. Your stance that you are somehow a victim is interesting. I'd work on that before they hand you your diploma.

Some people think Shaggybevo is wonderful. It is not the type of message board that I would frequent.

I used to think Knapp was kind of a boner. As I have had the opportunity to got to other message boards, I have realized that the mods here do a very good job of keeping this board in order. I think Huskerboard is better than most of the pay sites that I have seen.

You don't know me, don't act like you do. I've got more than one diploma, worth 12 years of school, so nice try. I don't know where you think I'm acting the victim. I've stated my opinion, if you don't agree with it move on, don't try to pigeonhole me. Rules, yes, the board has rules. But, is it really swearing when it's censored???

CN, it's not at all about telling you what you believe, or not welcoming your opinion on the matter. There's a place, on the board, where we confine all the smack talk and ripe language - it's the Woodshed and it's opt-in; use it. The other areas of the board, we want to maintain a pleasant environment for all users, of all ages.