The Fighting Erstads at the Purple Kitties in Manhattan, KS

This team does not show the same mental toughness as their coach. It's never just one error or one guy struggling at the plate. As soon as one man fails, the rest of the team crumbles. It's time one of these seniors steps up and says enough is enough, we need a play and I'm going to make it.

Paging Jack Stark..........

This team does not show the same mental toughness as their coach. It's never just one error or one guy struggling at the plate. As soon as one man fails, the rest of the team crumbles. It's time one of these seniors steps up and says enough is enough, we need a play and I'm going to make it.

Paging Jack Stark..........

I'm sure that ship has sailed, but I think between football program woes and mental weakness, to the mental weakness exhibited by the baseball team, our sports psychology department isn't getting the job done for the most part.

Then again, watch the women upset Duke and (gladly) make me eat crow. :)

• Fire 1

Thanks all for the advice on getting to Manhattan. Left Elkhorn at 3:20 and got there just as the national anthem was playing, stopping once in Beatrice for a quick pit stop. My son has grown up in a time where all he has heard about road games is how much people at Boulder, Manhattan, and Columbia hate us. K-State fans were very gracious and welcomed us with open arms. This was his first true road game of any Husker sport, and he said he had a ball even with the Huskers losing. Helps that apparently he was shown in a shot on TV. Heard it from people at work.

Going back down next week too for sure, but really hoping we can now go 4 for 4 in W's against purple kittie's the next 6 days!