What are you looking forward to this coming season?

I'm really looking forward to the defense. It will be interesting to see how we perform on that side of the ball. Also on offense, hopefully not so many turnovers.

It will be interesting to see how the two running backs out of high school will fit into the offense. Neither of them want to redshirt. So if they bring great competitiveness to the practice field and both of them can play at a high enough level, wouldn't be surprising to see them both getting some playing time.

That will not happen. You will not see us burn both RS's. That would be utterly ridiculous! Abdullah, Cross, Adams/Newby and Frazier is enough depth. If our depth started to get thin, THEN I would see us burning a RS. It would be highly surprising to see them both get quality playing time, especially with Cross and Abdullah being completely healthy.

That will not happen. You will not see us burn both RS's. That would be utterly ridiculous! Abdullah, Cross, Adams/Newby and Frazier is enough depth. If our depth started to get thin, THEN I would see us burning a RS. It would be highly surprising to see them both get quality playing time, especially with Cross and Abdullah being completely healthy.

I'm kind of on the fence w/ this one. If he handles it how he handled DT last year...then one of them is definitely RSing. However, if we get thin it's going to be 7-8 games into the season...usually past the point he'll burn a shirt. But he learned last year while you may be able to get by games 8-11 being thin, getting through games 12-14 isn't as easy. Pelini's historical issues are rooted in games 11-14.

Plus we seem to have our pick of top quality RBs, so it's a position he can be less cautious with.

I'm kind of on the fence w/ this one. If he handles it how he handled DT last year...then one of them is definitely RSing. However, if we get thin it's going to be 7-8 games into the season...usually past the point he'll burn a shirt. But he learned last year while you may be able to get by games 8-11 being thin, getting through games 12-14 isn't as easy. Pelini's historical issues are rooted in games 11-14.

Plus we seem to have our pick of top quality RBs, so it's a position he can be less cautious with.

Isn't that basically exactly what I said? I said that one of them won't RS as the other will. There is no need to burn both, UNLESS we get thin. But from the sounds of it, Abdullah is back, but limited, since we know what we can get out of him. Kind of like the Martinez situation. Give him more reps during fall camp. Our chances of running thin at RB is very unlikely, but anything is possible. I just don't see us having more than 4 players taking snaps next year, with 1 RS'ing. Its going to be hard enough for Beck to give Abdullah and Cross their fair share of snaps, let alone trying to put Newby or Adams in the mix. Frazier, for all we know, could be in that mix as well. Thats a lot of bodies. Just confuses me on why we would ruin future depth, unless needed.

1. I am looking forward to hopefully watch a Husker team that can field both an offense and a defense all season long

2. See TM shut the haters up on the field

3. The young D-line and how they respond to the big in-game situations

4. Kenny Bell blocking downfield

5. Brisket and beers on a Saturday morning

• Fire 1

Below is what I am looking forward to, or maybe it is better to say hoping for.

1. A defensive scheme modification that allows the DL to attack

2. Many turnovers forced by the defense

3. NU block a kick

4. NU return a kick for a TD

5. No running back, OL or DL injuries

6. Plenty of playing time for the backup QB

#1 The offense - We return almost every key personnel on offense - I want to see how efficiently they operate this year. I'm expecting us to put at least 30 points on every opponent we play in the regular season (with the exception of maybe Michigan State)

#2 A faster more athletic defense with better instincts - less thinking out there & more attacking the ball. I get that we'll be inexperienced & will have some bad games. I expect them to start to gel towards the end of the season.

#3 Tommy Armstrong - really looking forward to watching him play

#4 Adam Taylor - I want to watch him play really bad next year, I think he'll be a force as a true freshmen

#5 Jared Afalava, Thomas Brown, Michael Rose & Marcus Newby - really looking forward to watching our linebackers play although Newby may redshirt

#6 Charles Jackson & Jonathon Rose - I really want these 2 to play as well as the hype - would be a huge boost for our secondary & the defense as a whole

As a long time Husker fan dating back to the early Devaney years, I understand the angst most of us have for every season. I've had it for 50 years. I go into every season hoping for the best but understanding that the difference between a great season and a good season can be nothing more than a missed tackle or failing to gain a first down on a crucial drive. Our coaches will do everything they know to have these young men ready.

That being said, I expect to see one of the best offenses we have ever had, with the ability to score on the ground or through the air. TM will improve over the summer with more focus, we will be deep at running back and receiver. Our line will be the best in the Pelini Era with help coming from the two added juco players.

The defense will be a work in progress. There will be youthful mistakes and I hope Bo can keep from blowing a gasket. The potential is there but it will take hard work and patience to get them to grow up quickly. My hopes are to get to the CCG undefeated...probably a stretch. My fears are injuries to the DL handicap us like last year and we have 3 losses. Either way I will enjoy the ride. Always a Husker and supporter.