What are you looking forward to this coming season?

I'll quit watching college football if Alabama wins again. I'm still waiting for the day with baited breath that the entire SEC gets sanctioned to the teeth.

Why would you want to stop watching college football if Alabama wins again? They will eventually fade back. It happens to every program. It happened to Florida State after 14 seasons.

I'll quit watching college football if Alabama wins again. I'm still waiting for the day with baited breath that the entire SEC gets sanctioned to the teeth.

Why would you want to stop watching college football if Alabama wins again? They will eventually fade back. It happens to every program. It happened to Florida State after 14 seasons.

It happened to us after, like, forever.

Well, this is technically the third slump going back to 1918. The war years spanned into more than two periods of decades and had some of the lowest winning percentage coaches ever for the program. That just shows how bad the Callahan seasons were as he almost dipped to that level.

After every dip we returned back to elite status.

Well, this is technically the third slump going back to 1918. The war years spanned into more than two periods of decades and had some of the lowest winning percentage coaches ever for the program. That just shows how bad the Callahan seasons were as he almost dipped to that level.

After every dip we returned back to elite status.

What?

Problem is, we all know 'Bama is achieving this artificially. We all know how shady the SEC is when it comes to recruiting, from the payment of players (parents), to over-recruiting and forcing out/threatening underperforming kids. There's a right way and a wrong way to maintain success, and 'Bama is all about winning at any cost (read: the wrong way).

Until a clean program steps in to either beat them on the field or someone (NCAA, Media) expose their shady underbelly to the world, 'Bama's steps at maintaining power will artificially keep them on top for years to come, I'm afraid. Get ready for the ESPN derp express to hump 'Bama until those wheels fall clean off the bandwagon.

I suppose we'll eventually have to take solace in that at Nebraska, we did our historic run the right way: with walk-on players instead of over-recruiting, with integrity in dealing with players on and off the field instead of paying off family members, and by putting true student-athletes on the field.

I would just like someone, on a national level, to acknowledge that none of Alabama's 3 national championships have come with undefeated seasons... and that one year they didn't even win the SEC west.

I would just like someone, on a national level, to acknowledge that none of Alabama's 3 national championships have come with undefeated seasons... and that one year they didn't even win the SEC west.

The '09 one was.