2013 starting lineup guesswork

I couldn't find this posted anywhere else, so if it is kindly direct me and delete. I am mostly curious of how young the defense will be? I keep hearing about the young players on defense and realize they lost a lot of starters on the defense, but who will possibly/likely start at each position? Would like to see guesses on projected starting lineups on both sides of the ball. Also Bo talked about getting the best 11 on the field for special teams this year, so who might start there?

QB - Martinez

RB - Abdullah

FB - Zimmerer

WR - Bell

WR - Enunwa

WR - Turner

TE - Long

LT - Qvale

LG - Cotton

C - Pensick

RG - Long

RT - Sirles

RE - Moss

DT - Williams

DT - Curry

LE - Ankrah

WLB - Anderson

MLB - Santos

SLB - Aflava

NB - Evans

CB - Jean-Baptiste/Mitchell

FS - Jackson

SS - Cooper

CB - Seisay/Green

We definitely will be young on defense. I guess I hadn't put together that ALL of our starters on offense will be upper classmen. 8 starters to graduate after this coming season. I know we have a lot of talent coming in to be excited about on offense, but I just hope we don't flip flop again. We had the Championship caliber defense at the beginning of Bo's era and an offense that was lacking. Recent seasons we've had a good offense with a lacking defense. Hoping we don't flop back the other way... as this defense grows the offense starts dropping off again.

RE - Gregory, simply too good not to play IMO.

DT - Randle

DT - Curry

LE - Ankrah

WLB - Anderson

MLB - Santos

SLB - Might see some youth here...Courtney Love, Afalava, Brown, etc.

NB - Evans

CB - They'll all play. SJB and Green are probably our "best" dependent on how Jonathan does this fall.

FS - Jackson... wouldn't be surprised to see Singleton and C Jax getting some run also. I think they were hoping to have C Jax at SS but Cooper was better than anticipated.

SS - Cooper

CB - They'll all play.

I think more than 11 players will be blackshirt eligible. The depth is really going to show LB/Secondary wise. Our LB crew is really starting to turn into "next man up", a lot of schools say it, but its simply not true. We have an incredible amount of talent at that position.

QB - Martinez

RB - Abdullah

FB - Zimmerer

WR - Bell

WR - Enunwa

WR - Turner

TE - Long

LT - Qvale

LG - Cotton

C - Pensick

RG - Long

RT - Sirles

RE - Moss

DT - Williams

DT - Curry

LE - Ankrah

WLB - Anderson

MLB - Santos

SLB - Aflava

NB - Evans

CB - Jean-Baptiste/Mitchell

FS - Jackson

SS - Cooper

CB - Seisay/Green

hope someone bigger than williams starts at DT then again there will probably be a rotation of a lot of guys at that spot so it may not matter

QB- Martinez

RB- Abdullah

FB- Janoich

WR- Bell

WR- Enunwa

WR- Turner

TE- Long

LT- Qvale

LG- Cotton

C- Pensick

RG- Long

RT- Kondolo

RE- Gregory

DT- Valentine

DT- Nickens

LE- Ankrah

LB- Z Anderson

LB- Santos

LB- Afalava

NB- Evans

CB- Mitchell

FS- Jackson

SS- Cooper

CB- Seisay

I thought Kondolo was being looked more at a G/C. If a juco saw time at tackle, it would be Finnin. I think Sirles and Qvale will start with Finnin rotating in. Similar thing would then happen at G with Cotton and Long with Kondolo rotating in.

I thought Kondolo was being looked more at a G/C. If a juco saw time at tackle, it would be Finnin. I think Sirles and Qvale will start with Finnin rotating in. Similar thing would then happen at G with Cotton and Long with Kondolo rotating in.

These are predictions. Thats it. Kondolo played OT at Fresno City C.C. He isn't here yet, so we don't know where he will be looked at, same with Finnin. They will both practice at most of the OL positions and play where they and the coaches feel that is best for the team. But again, these are just predictions.

QB- Martinez

RB- Abdullah

FB- Janoich

WR- Bell

WR- Enunwa

WR- Turner

TE- Long

LT- Qvale

LG- Cotton

C- Pensick

RG- Long

RT- Kondolo

RE- Gregory

DT- Valentine

DT- Nickens

LE- Ankrah

LB- Z Anderson

LB- Santos

LB- Afalava

NB- Evans

CB- Mitchell

FS- Jackson

SS- Cooper

CB- Seisay

Kondolo is most likely going to get a look at center first and mix in at guard, too. Perhaps you may be confusing him with Finnin who a lot of people think has a shot at cracking the rotation at OT?

Edit: I see this has been addressed already in my typing of this.

Edited by ObamaRocks91

Kondolo is most likely going to get a look at center first and mix in at guard, too. Perhaps you may be confusing him with Finnin who a lot of people think has a shot at cracking the rotation at OT?

Again, like stated on the my post before yours. These are predictions. Kondolo played OT out of JUCO. Finnin nor Kondolo are here, so no one knows where they will be designated. They will both look at many OL positions during camp, but this is my prediction on how its going to land. I do believe he will start over Finnin, Sirles and Arod.

Again, like stated on the my post before yours. These are predictions. Kondolo played OT out of JUCO. Finnin nor Kondolo are here, so no one knows where they will be designated. They will both look at many OL positions during camp, but this is my prediction on how its going to land. I do believe he will start over Finnin, Sirles and Arod.

I know, as my edit said, I typed that at the same time RD did, I wasn't trying to be redundant at all.

I know, as my edit said, I typed that at the same time RD did, I wasn't trying to be redundant at all.

Lmao, you ninja edited. As it didn't show up in the initial quote :)

hope someone bigger than williams starts at DT then again there will probably be a rotation of a lot of guys at that spot so it may not matter

I fully expect to see a healthy rotation, and there's no way Kevin Williams is the 275 he's listed as. I'm willing to bet he's at least in the high 280s by now.

I think Randle will start, and see a lot of time, if he's healthy.