2013 starting lineup guesswork

Courtney Love is pound for pound our most athletic linebacker currently, from what I've seen.

Rose is good, but doesn't compare athletically.

The only thing Rose has on Love, is the extra year of learning the defense. Size wise, Love. I am not going to say Love is more athletic than anyone, until I see him in our defense, on gameday. The most athletic and talented LB we have, is Z. Anderson. That kid is a beast, and was on beast mode with a tear in his ACL.

I think everybody is forgetting Max Pirman, this kid is destined to be a star.

I like Pirman. I just want to see these kids actually play a game, so we can see if they are what they are in practice.

Just wait until you see Love play - things will change. Guy is a complete monster. His combination of size and speed is deadly. He is bigger than Zaire and faster, for what its worth.

happen to hear from someone who knows one of the officials that did the scrimmage on saturday. There's no way the defense this year will not be better. It will be better based on the additional athleticism and speed alone. Grapevine talk, yes. But hopeful nonetheless. Also that if Valentine can get his butt in shape, there's no one on our o-line that can handle him.

happen to hear from someone who knows one of the officials that did the scrimmage on saturday. There's no way the defense this year will not be better. It will be better based on the additional athleticism and speed alone. Grapevine talk, yes. But hopeful nonetheless. Also that if Valentine can get his butt in shape, there's no one on our o-line that can handle him.

Sounds too good to be true, but good info! :wasted

Well, I keep reverting back to LaVonte Davids first season. Bo preached and preached the first handful of games about how LaVonte was making so many mistakes. His instincts and athleticism was covering it up. All we as fans saw was a guy in #4 that was all over the fricking place making 15+ tackles a game. I think the mistakes he was making were little things that we as fans simple do not notice. And they were probably the same the mistakes that have been made over the last 2 years, but the decline in speed and athleticism has maginfied them tremendously.

That leads to the issue that if this really is the case, then something needs to be done in terms of scheme or the teaching of it if these types of mistakes are still present. But I expect to see defense this year plenty capable of cleaning up after itself instead of hoping T-Mart and the guys can do it for them.

Just wait until you see Love play - things will change. Guy is a complete monster. His combination of size and speed is deadly. He is bigger than Zaire and faster, for what its worth.

I hope your right. I know he is fast and big, and very athletic. I just don't see him starting this year. Just too much to learn.

Thats all I heard for last year, was he was demanding a double team, and still getting through our line last year before the injury.

QB - Martinez

RB - Abdullah

FB - Zimmerer

WR - Bell

WR - Enunwa

WR - Turner

TE - Long

LT - Qvale

LG - Cotton

C - Pensick

RG - Long

RT - Sirles

RE - Moss

DT - Williams

DT - Curry

LE - Ankrah

WLB - Anderson

MLB - Santos

SLB - Aflava

NB - Evans

CB - Jean-Baptiste/Mitchell

FS - Jackson

SS - Cooper

CB - Seisay/Green

hope someone bigger than williams starts at DT then again there will probably be a rotation of a lot of guys at that spot so it may not matter

I agree. I think you will see a heathy rotation of guys & who plays will be dependent on who we are playing. I think VV will get some starts when we play heavy run teams & will get in on third & long when we are in a 3-4 look.

This kinda stuff about the d-line gets me excited.

I hope your right. I know he is fast and big, and very athletic. I just don't see him starting this year. Just too much to learn.

Thats all I heard for last year, was he was demanding a double team, and still getting through our line last year before the injury.

He might not start, but him coming early and if he keeps his nose in the playbook until fall, it wouldn't surprise me.

From what I've seen, he may be one of the best linebackers to roll through here in a while. I'm not so sure how it will translate on game day. If he knows his playbook (which he is already ahead of the curve in), I could see him being Lavonte-esque.

Everytime I visit this thread with the intention of actually posting a listing of possible starters, I find myself deciding not to. Here's my reason. We have some many young, yet talented guys that to me, the starting lineup is going to be rather irrelevant with the massive rotation we're gonna see.

QB- Martinez

RB- Abdullah

FB- Zimmerer

WR- Bell

WR- Enunwa

WR- Turner

TE- Long

LT- Sirles

LG- Cotton

C- Pensick

RG- Long

RT- Rodriguez

RE- Gregory

DT- Curry

DT- D. Nuts

LE- Ankrah

LB- Z Anderson

LB- Santos

LB- Afalava/Brown

NB- Evans

CB- Baptiste

FS- H. Jackson

SS- Cooper

CB- Mitchell

I think ARod is a good linemen, just not at OT. I just don't believe he has the foot speed to handle a DE off the edge. He is much better off in the interior.

Speaking the truth

I agree ARod is a better OG than OT, but I think as of right now he may be the best option we have opposite Sirles. We lack depth at OT. Qvale has the same problems as ARod. Finnin's footwork is suspect, at times it looks like he is about to almost trips over himself.

**Huskerboard... you let me down. No one got my joke. (hint: "D" stands for deez)