Boston Marathon Explosions

This sounds very unlike a "terrorist cell." It sounds like two guys with very little planning going nuts for a few days. Sounds like 1,000 other stories of bad ideas you hear about from college-age kids, only most of them stop at, "Hey, let's go do this." These guys went ahead and did it, whereas most wise up and go smoke something or buy a case of Keystone Light and call it a weekend.

The plans for the bomb are online. Any one of us here could build one in a week. The more I hear about this, the more I think it's just two (or a few) guys who didn't listen to that little bit of common sense that usually shuts their Stupid down.

This sounds very unlike a "terrorist cell." It sounds like two guys with very little planning going nuts for a few days. Sounds like 1,000 other stories of bad ideas you hear about from college-age kids, only most of them stop at, "Hey, let's go do this." These guys went ahead and did it, whereas most wise up and go smoke something or buy a case of Keystone Light and call it a weekend.

The plans for the bomb are online. Any one of us here could build one in a week. The more I hear about this, the more I think it's just two (or a few) guys who didn't listen to that little bit of common sense that usually shuts their Stupid down.

I'd have to agree. Perhaps they were "inspired" but others but I'm far from convinced that they had any help from any formal organization. I'd say it is very similar to the wacko who shot up the Batman movie in Denver awhile ago.

I'd have to agree. Perhaps they were "inspired" but others but I'm far from convinced that they had any help from any formal organization. I'd say it is very similar to the wacko who shot up the Batman movie in Denver awhile ago.

He should have a needle in his arm by now...but that's another story for another day

From the sounds of the older brother's foreign exploit and the FBI's interest in him, I'd say that this is definitely, though somewhat loosely, based on a general Islamic terror ideology. Older bro probably developed some extremist views that were mostly, but not all, his own. Definitely had some outside influence. But it's not like he was ordered to do this by a terrorist organization, Al Quaeda or the like. Just the way I see this from how it went down.

I don't know that they did it all on their own. No training or military inclination from these guys to the whole string of events that happened. It would be unsurprising if they had some kind of outside backing.

I think the review of the incident should also bear out the possibility that this was a test on US response to domestic terrorist incidents. Whether intended that way or not, groups or even future individuals will use this a learning resource, so the good guys still need to stay ahead of the curve.

The relative sophistication and scale and planning that appears to have gone into it by the brothers doesn't really match up with how easily they allowed themselves to get caught. You'd think guys putting all those explosives together would go through the trouble of buying sunglasses and wigs or a little makeup. The next ones will.

A pothead who likes to play soccer and returned to university after the bombings on Monday. Only to later murder a campus police officer in cold blood and toss explosives at police. Can't wrap my head around that.

Why were they over at MIT to begin with? That's the part I didn't understand. I thought he was attending UMass-Dartmouth???

Probably wanted a shot at the superior people who looked down upon him and his ideology.

I don't know that they did it all on their own. No training or military inclination from these guys to the whole string of events that happened. It would be unsurprising if they had some kind of outside backing.

I think the review of the incident should also bear out the possibility that this was a test on US response to domestic terrorist incidents. Whether intended that way or not, groups or even future individuals will use this a learning resource, so the good guys still need to stay ahead of the curve.

The relative sophistication and scale and planning that appears to have gone into it by the brothers doesn't really match up with how easily they allowed themselves to get caught. You'd think guys putting all those explosives together would go through the trouble of buying sunglasses and wigs or a little makeup. The next ones will.

There's a reason they didn't get into MIT.

Now they need to release the video of this punk dropping off the bag so the conspiracy theorists and his family can shut the f#*k up. I'm sick of hearing about how good of a kid he was.

I think his family may come to terms with it eventually, I can understand their disbelief, but conspiracy theorists will never stop being idiotic.

Some new info on the gunfight Thursday night:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/boston-details/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Confirmed that younger brother did run over older brother as cops jumped out of the way. He was drug a short distance under the vehicle so that leaked photo of older brother at the morgue is pretty consistent with such injuries. 6 bombs/devices used or found, 3 of which exploded.

Also, Senator McCain saying that an American citizen who committed a domestic crime should be held without rights as an enemy combatant is so lol. This is America, we have a constitution, we have our rights, and no matter how horrible the crime that was committed, we can't just pick and choose when to abide by the constitution. Read the kid his rights and put him on trial.

• Fire 1

Some new info on the gunfight Thursday night:

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

Confirmed that younger brother did run over older brother as cops jumped out of the way. He was drug a short distance under the vehicle so that leaked photo of older brother at the morgue is pretty consistent with such injuries. 6 bombs/devices used or found, 3 of which exploded.

I had no idea they were in 2 separate cars until just seeing it on msnbc 5 minutes ago. That cleared up part of my confusion about what was going on there.

Also, Senator McCain saying that an American citizen who committed a domestic crime should be held without rights as an enemy combatant is so lol. This is America, we have a constitution, we have our rights, and no matter how horrible the crime that was committed, we can't just pick and choose when to abide by the constitution. Read the kid his rights and put him on trial.

They suspended his Miranda rights under a national security exception, and given he is a suspect in a domestic terrorist attack I'm not sure the matter of his citizenship should give him advantages that a foreign combatant is denied.

He engaged in foreign combatant activity against civilians on our soil.

They suspended his Miranda rights under a national security exception, and given he is a suspect in a domestic terrorist attack I'm not sure the matter of his citizenship should give him advantages that a foreign combatant is denied.

So we should probably just waterboard him right?

I am not sure I understand the reasoning on that. From the sounds of it, he probably wasn't doing to much talking of any sort. About the only thing I can see that did was give him grounds for an appeal.