Huskers in NFL Mock Drafts

I think Rex deserves to be picked much earlier than that.

I believe I once had this idea that he'd be drafted in Rd 2-3. I still think he should.

But teams devalue the RB position and they do it for a pretty good reason. It doesn't seem to be especially difficult to find a capable runner either very late, or as a free agent. They also have short shelf lives. To be picked early I think he's almost gotta flash some kind of phenomenal physical ability that sets him apart from BenUnDrafted Solid-RB.

Any team getting Rex is going to get a huge steal, nonetheless. I really hope some team catches on to the type of asset he would be in more ways than one.

• Fire 2

I just don't see Burkhead going any higher than the 5th round. Most everything I'm seeing has him about the 20th best RB in a class where none of them may go in the 1st, and few even in the 2nd. I could see a scenario however, where Rex goes much higher than a lot of those middle guys due to his intangibles and his abilities in the passing game. It always just takes one team to fall in love.

I believe I once had this idea that he'd be drafted in Rd 2-3.

If he wouldn't have been robbed of his Senior season, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

True, in the little we had Rex at 100% he looked to better at a different level than he's ever been. It's a dang shame. Something similar happened to me as a Senior in high school and I was devastated. I can't even imagine how he felt.

I believe I once had this idea that he'd be drafted in Rd 2-3. I still think he should.

But teams devalue the RB position and they do it for a pretty good reason. It doesn't seem to be especially difficult to find a capable runner either very late, or as a free agent. They also have short shelf lives. To be picked early I think he's almost gotta flash some kind of phenomenal physical ability that sets him apart from BenUnDrafted Solid-RB.

Any team getting Rex is going to get a huge steal, nonetheless. I really hope some team catches on to the type of asset he would be in more ways than one.

I agree completely. My only concern with Rex is injuries. His 40 time hurt his draft status, but the other combine numbers show his abilities; strong runner, quick first step, and quick for the first 10 yards. IMO speed in the range of 1 to 10 yards is much more important than 4o time.

What is the status on Baker S? Is he still injured? If fully healthy I believe he is worth a mid to late round draft pick.

Seriously?

I actually agree with him. Baker was not a flashy DL, but it was very noticable when he wasn't there. I could see some team taking a chance on him in the later rounds & knowing that they could also give him a shot on the OL if the DL seemed to not work out has to have a little weight.