Auburn player ejected out of own spring football game

Apathy

Looks like a clean hit to me but this new rule is going to ruin the game of football. This hit was a clean hit where the player never led with the crown of his helmet nor did he lunge off the ground leading with his shoulder. Only thing he did wrong was taunting his own teammate as he laid helplessly on the ground lol

• Fire 1

It is a penalty because he didn't wrap up on the hit. The way I understand it is, if a player makes a hit and it is up around the shoulders, the player needs to wrap up, not just throw a shoulder into it. By just throwing a shoulder into him, it will warrant a penalty.

It is a penalty because he didn't wrap up on the hit. The way I understand it is, if a player makes a hit and it is up around the shoulders, the player needs to wrap up, not just throw a shoulder into it. By just throwing a shoulder into him, it will warrant a penalty.

f6due.gif

Those are not the rules of football, my friend. Helmet-to-helmet hits are illegal. This tackle was essentially a hard shove to the turf. There's nothing wrong with that.

From the angles on that, wrapping up would have ended up either just holding him still, or body slamming him. Really looks like he was mainly penalized for hitting too hard. Similar to Kenny Bell's block.

Sarcastiball here we come....

From the angles on that, wrapping up would have ended up either just holding him still, or body slamming him. Really looks like he was mainly penalized for hitting too hard. Similar to Kenny Bell's block.

Sarcastiball here we come....

I saw a closer up version earlier today and looks pretty obvious that his forearm make contact with the head.

f6due.gif

Those are not the rules of football, my friend. Helmet-to-helmet hits are illegal. This tackle was essentially a hard shove to the turf. There's nothing wrong with that.

This same thing was brought up on the CBS football show and all agreed that it has to do with fundamentals with tackling. They were saying that kids these days look for the "big" hit and forget about everything else when it comes to tackling. I don't know about you, but I was never taught to tackle with a "shove". I will say that I don't agree with all the calls on the "illegal" hits as some are good hits and a penalty shouldn't be warranted.