Take the Dark Triad test

I was skimming through this article: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201301/shedding-light-psychology-s-dark-triad

I thought this part was interesting:

What does it mean, then, to possess high levels of the Dark Triad qualities? In an investigation of how others perceive the Dark Triad traits, Austrian psychologists John Rauthmann and Gerald Kolar (2010) asked non-university adults ranging from 18 to 75 years of age to judge the perceived “darkness” of each Dark Triad quality.

Of the three, narcissism was judged to be the “brightest.” People who are high on psychopathy and Machiavellianism can cause you harm but many narcissists only harm themselves. The argument can even be made that narcissists possess qualities that others find desirable, such as being more physically attractive, charming, conscientious, and achievement-oriented. Rauthmann and Kolar suggest that perhaps narcissism should be seen as distinct from the other, which they renamed the “Malicious Two.” However, other studies suggest that over time, the initial glow of the narcissist’s bright qualities does tend to fade. People who interact with narcissists like them less and less the more time they spend with them.

• Fire 1

Narcissism 2.3 46.6 Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more] Machiavellianism 1.7 22.8 Machiavellianism is a tendancy to be manipulative and deceitful. [more] Psychopathy 1.9 45.1 Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more]

Psycho bros! :w00t

Narcissism 2.3 46.6 Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more] Machiavellianism 1.7 22.8 Machiavellianism is a tendancy to be manipulative and deceitful. [more] Psychopathy 1.9 45.1 Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more]

Psycho bros! :w00t

Interesting. I always viewed myself as a complete prick.

Trait Score Percentile

Narcissism 0.8 1 Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more] Because of all their experince with maintaining their self image, people who score high for narrccisism will often appear charming but their narrccism will later lead to extreme difficulty in developing close relationships. [less] Machiavellianism 1.9 29.4 Machiavellianism is a tendancy to be manipulative and deceitful. [more] It usually stems from a lack of respect or disillusionment for others. [less] Psychopathy 1.1 18.1 Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more]