Which Scandal is the worse for the President & Country

Bachmann is done.

yep, she said she isn't running again. I sure hope she doesn't run for pres again. Need new blood, new ideas. And I don't want to hijack my own thread by starting a Bachmann thread.

Carl and Saunders are doing a good job of keeping the discussion going.

She will probably run for Governor.

Maybe. Depends on what the FBI finds out.

http://www.minnpost.com/political-agenda/2013/05/fbi-joins-probe-bachmanns-presidential-campaign

I love how Obama's ship is squeaky clean compared to Bush's, yet republicans are still acting like it is the most corrupt administration in history. I see people comparing Obama to Nixon for crying out loud! I am not a democrat BTW.

I never actually compared Obama to Nixon. Just said Obamas Scandals make Nixon look like an angel.

Those "scandals" include 4 deaths in Libya and some mid-level bozos at the IRS being douches, something that he has no direct control over. Bush started a trillion dollar, 3,000 death war for no reason. Do go on about how you hate Obama because things aren't going well for you though.

Why again are we saying IRS mid-level folks were acting like douches when Tea-Bagger organizations were acting like asshats abusing their 501©(3) and 501©(4) status?

I'm just trying to keep my righteous white-man indignation straight here; with all of the fabricated scandals, I'm sure you understand that it's hard to keep track sometimes.

• Fire 2

I love how Obama's ship is squeaky clean compared to Bush's, yet republicans are still acting like it is the most corrupt administration in history. I see people comparing Obama to Nixon for crying out loud! I am not a democrat BTW.

I never actually compared Obama to Nixon. Just said Obamas Scandals make Nixon look like an angel.

Those "scandals" include 4 deaths in Libya and some mid-level bozos at the IRS being douches, something that he has no direct control over. Bush started a trillion dollar, 3,000 death war for no reason. Do go on about how you hate Obama because things aren't going well for you though.

Why again are we saying IRS mid-level folks were acting like douches when Tea-Bagger organizations were acting like asshats abusing their 501©(3) and 501©(4) status?

I'm just trying to keep my righteous white-man indignation straight here; with all of the fabricated scandals, I'm sure you understand that it's hard to keep track sometimes.

Gaming the system is bad when you are getting food stamps or on medicaid. Otherwise...go for it!

What is the point of your post?

Because one tea party group abused the system doesn't mean you just start profiling all of them. Just like how it's wrong to start surveillance on all Muslims because one group of them attacked the WTC. I don't even know what the point of your post is; are you attacking Tea Parties or the IRS or Obama or just me, for no reason?

Because one tea party group abused the system doesn't mean you just start profiling all of them. Just like how it's wrong to start surveillance on all Muslims because one group of them attacked the WTC. I don't even know what the point of your post is; are you attacking Tea Parties or the IRS or Obama or just me, for no reason?

Agreed, it really isn't a problem for the IRS to investigate people who are applying for tax exempt status, but its another thing to chose a group of people who belong to a certain Ideology that may use the tax exempt status illegally. But to assume that all applicants from a political spectrum are going to abuse the status is the problem. I would be just as mad if the next administration if republican would investigate a swath of "left leaning" applicants. All applicants should be treated equally, with as much of a blind eye toward political, religious, sexual orientation, and race differences as possible.

• Fire 1

Agreed, it really isn't a problem for the IRS to investigate people who are applying for tax exempt status, but its another thing to chose a group of people who belong to a certain Ideology that may use the tax exempt status illegally. But to assume that all applicants from a political spectrum are going to abuse the status is the problem. I would be just as mad if the next administration if republican would investigate a swath of "left leaning" applicants. All applicants should be treated equally, with as much of a blind eye toward political, religious, sexual orientation, and race differences as possible.

This, this and this. It's not that they focused on Tea Party people, it's that they focused on anybody. Of all federal agencies, the IRS has to be the most politically blind of them all. I don't care if this came from the top or was a bad idea of low-level staffers, that's irrelevant except for whose head will roll. This cannot happen in this agency, period.

Except that this wasn't just one or two TeaBagger groups--it was a statistically significant number of them that were abusing the system. Anytime that happens, it's going to generate scrutiny for similar organizations. Again, the IRS was doing their job, and doin' it...doin' it...doin' it well.

If there weren't any wrongdoings that prompted these investigations, then I could see where the righteous white-man persecution complex/indignation comes from--but the fact of the matter is that you have TeaBagger groups that were playing fast and loose with the laws, and now that they got caught, the come off as a bunch of whiners that are upset that they got busted for cheating...kind of like how a toddler reacts when a parent catches them doing wrong.

You know, it's too bad the Tea Party members don't have a manual or book to follow that would teach them right from wrong. Perhaps a book that contain parables that would promote the virtue of being honest and working with integrity, taking care of the poor and sick, reserving judgement of others for a higher power or deity...that kind of stuff. Then maybe the Tea Party could actually be a force to enact some real, positive good.

Only if...

As long as the impetus for the extra scrutiny was solely the shenanigans of the Tea Party people, then it would be OK. If a preponderance of those groups were screwing around with the law, and groups of other political leanings weren't, there wouldn't be a problem. But I have yet to see where only the Tea Partiers, or preponderance of them, were the ones messing around, while moderate or left-leaning groups comparatively were not.

I think there is too much :koolaid2: drinking on the left on this IRS issue. Matthew blaming the IRS issue on the targeted groups is like wiley coyote blaming the roadrunner for for falling into his own traps.

I'm not following you. Who is to blame, and what evidence do you have to support that?