Which Scandal is the worse for the President & Country

Just wanted to get everyone thoughts on the scandals now circling this administration.

Which of these scandals do you feel is worse for the country as a whole? Will have the most negative affect on justice and rights.

Similiar question: Which scandal will be the most difficult for the President and his team to handle?

Will one of these scandals lead to impeachment proceedings?

Do the Repubs have the 'man-hood' to start impeachment proceedings if investigations would show criminal activity at the highest levels?

1. Libya - cover up. This scandal starts with the 'non-action' of the administration to beef up security at the embassy. Ends with what appears to be a cover up. A failiure to protect and defend US citizens.

2. IRS targeting conservative groups and individuals. This scandal reminds one of Nixion - using the power of govt against opponents

3. Justice Dept wire tapping of AP reporters' phones - 1st amendment issues at stake here

4. ObamaCare - cost cost overruns. While not a scandal - it shows the lack of truth in selling ObamaCare to the public.

My take: Obama Care - just poor policy, poor implimentation. It will just make people mad.

The Libya issue shows inept management at the highest level. It will ruin Hillary's political future (She aint Bill!). I don't think it will bring down the president but will cause more distrust in the admin.

The Libya lies could pave the way for such a distrust in the admin that either the IRS issue or Phone tapping issue could end up with impeachment proceedings (if criminal action is found at the highest level). I think these 2 issues are the most serious - they smack of the 'potential' abuse of power and are Nixonian in nature - perhaps when all of the facts are revealed - it will be less so - it is too early to tell.

• Fire 3

Worst for the country? IRS. Easily.

Worst for the president? Probably none of the above. It's not like Congressional Republicans weren't filibustering his entire agenda anyways. There wasn't much in the way of goodwill to squander. That said, these could conceivably have electoral consequences in 2014.

Hillary Clinton? Get back in the habit of saying President Clinton prior to 2016.

The IRS business is the only one that can be qualified as a scandal. Trouble is that since 1994, with perhaps a brief intermission post-9/11, congressional politics have been little more than a circus show. After nearly two decades of wolf being cried on a weekly basis, the public conscious seems completely desensitized to real corruption and scandals. I think the last time congress did its job fully investigating a major scandal was Iran-Contra, and even then guilty parties were mostly let off the hook. Now we have a congress that is less popular than herpes and increasingly unable to do even the most basic duties.

I think this is pretty easy to decide, and that is the IRS. Let me shoot down the rest first.

**Benghazi is pretty much dead in the non political public, its just a far right and far left fight now. It may effect Hillary in the long run, but for Obama and the country, its a dead story.

**"Obama"care, is done, its not going away, and it will take a super republican majority to kill off anything major, that could be decades away. I think some things will be striped away in the future but its just another government run piece of crap.

**The justice department phone records capture, is still pretty thin on facts, but it sounds like the AP has someone leaking classified info to them, and they are being investigated for it. But I haven't heard any arrests or pressure put on the AP to publish information that is only good for the Administration. So seems like its pretty much is a normal investigation to prevent classified leaks that could put American covert agents lives and missions at risk for a news story.

Ok, finally, the IRS is supposed to be a completely nonpolitical governmental agency. People already have a dislike for the IRS and IRS agents. But most people hope that the IRS treats everyone the same, and shouldn't target people who oppose the current administration for political gain. We must have some confidence in the IRS to be "fair" and we can not allow this to be pushed under the rug because the US people can not afford for the IRS to become politicized and under the control of either party. Also just saw Obama has asked the "acting" head of the IRS to step down, so at least something is being done.

• Fire 1

Scandal? Scandals? Where? Don't worry, I was confused at first too but some other posters, in other threads, have set me straight. Apparently all of these things are normal operating procedure and should not be questioned. Well, that's not exactly right, they could be questioned IF Fox News and republicans weren't questioning them but, they are so we can't. Also, another applicable rule I learned is that if a person didn't question similar goings on during the Bush administration, then you better not say squat now. There might be more lessons I didn't pick up on but I got those two. Oh crap, almost forgot number 3; Obama is not responsible for any goings on in his administration, that is of course unless it is something generally regarded as good. Then the buck stops there. Just trying to help out and share some of the valuable advice I have learned here on Huskerboard.

Scandal? Scandals? Where? Don't worry, I was confused at first too but some other posters, in other threads, have set me straight. Apparently all of these things are normal operating procedure and should not be questioned. Well, that's not exactly right, they could be questioned IF Fox News and republicans weren't questioning them but, they are so we can't. Also, another applicable rule I learned is that if a person didn't question similar goings on during the Bush administration, then you better not say squat now. There might be more lessons I didn't pick up on but I got those two. Oh crap, almost forgot number 3; Obama is not responsible for any goings on in his administration, that is of course unless it is something generally regarded as good. Then the buck stops there. Just trying to help out and share some of the valuable advice I have learned here on Huskerboard.

smallestviolin.gif

I would say the wire tapping of AP phone records. That just seems the shadiest in my book.

Libya is pretty bad as well. Regardless of what could or could not have been done, loss of innocent American lives is terrible in any light.

IRS targeting Conservative groups is bad when you look at it up close. But from a broader view, maybe the IRS should be targeting ALL politically active non-profits to make sure they are all on an even playing field.

Obamacare- I will wait to pass judgment on this until the entire plan is in place and see how it affects me personally and as a business owner

3. Justice Dept wire tapping of AP reporters' phones - 1st amendment issues at stake here

I would say the wire tapping of AP phone records. That just seems the shadiest in my book.

It turns out that this is officially "Condemn Others for Something That Didn't Occur" Week.

Ironically, some people defended wiretapping as a means of fighting terrorism when it was done by the people they voted for, but now they want to condemn the people they didn't vote for over wiretapping as a means of finding a leak that interupted an ongoing CIA mission to stop terrorism. Nevermind the fact the condemnation of said wiretapping of AP phone records overlooks the fact the DOJ didn't wire tap AP reports' phones.

some other posters, in other threads, have set me straight. Apparently all of these things are normal operating procedure and should not be questioned. Well, that's not exactly right, they could be questioned IF Fox News and republicans weren't questioning them

Do you have a link to said claim by 'other posters, in other threads'?