Which Scandal is the worse for the President & Country

Did you read the articles/opinion or just read the link itself?

And NY Times ( one of the most liberal main stream rags in America) isn't junk/bias?

Here is my quick take - the IRS should be investigating any group (lib or conservative) without bias as to their tax exempt status.

Their applications should not be slowed down or targeted due to pressure from congressional offices or from the white house.

The IRS should not be a tool of any administration - Nixon or Obama.

I read your 4 editorial/infomercials.

The NYTimes article is a news article based on fact that can be verified. Your links....not so much.

has anyone close to this even SUGGESTED that the White House or congressional offices targeted or pressured for a slowdown?

Anyone? Anyone?

Carl and Someone - you see no smoke in any of these scandals - no reason to investigate?

Time will tell - for me it doesn't smell right - if nothing is eventually proven other that incompetence in mgmt then so be it.

1. IRS agent were rightly told to give a hard look to organizations that are acting political why being calming to not be political. As a shortcut, they based of hard look on names like Tea Party. Bad policy. Bad operational behavior. If you have every known anyone who works for the IRS, they tend to be terrible in terms of employee moral and training. All this happened under the leadership of a Bush appointee. (Not exactly Nixon like)
  2. CIA + Saudi + British imbed an undercover agent into the organization most active Al Qaeda operation run by a bomb maker in Yemen. Agent delivers an unwear bomb to CIA and the believe agent will lead they to the bomb maker, but the AP get wind of the operation and publish a story the forces CIA to remove the agent and end the operation early. Republicans get pissed and insist that DOJ find the leak. AP stonewalls for a year on revealing the leak so DOJ get warrant for phone records. (Not exactly Nixon like.)
  3. CIA fails to provide enough protection of Embassy. There have been 54 attacks on US Embassies under the former Pres and when only held 3 hearings, but this one is deemed the problem. Why? (Not exactly Nixon like.)
  4. President tries find a solution to our way of providing health care. Tax code is change to encourage a behavior. Million of poor with be covered. (Not exactly Nixon like.)

Any questions? What don't you understand about these?

1. Bush's fault - familiar ringtone I guess Bush is still responsible for all of his appointees even though he is out of the office. The current president has no mgmt responsibility on what goes on in his admin. Check.

2. Republican's fault - familiar ringtone - Repubs push for accountability - get blamed while DOJ goes on massive witch hunt.

3. CIA fault - familiar ringtone - No responsibility from the State Dept / or White House to insure the safety of our citizens. To deflect we point out 54 previous attacks - But I wonder if the military was told to 'stand down' in any of those and if our citizens were killed while under a prolonged attack.

4. I'll give you # 4 - good intentions (I hope) poor implimentation - full of cost over runs.

Ok, I'll give you - Obama isn't Nixon:

http://www.weeklysta...xon_728610.html

or is he

http://www.nationalr...or-davis-hanson

Yes, these are opinion pieces. But that is fair in a forum - for thought foder.

Regardless - time will tell the substance behind all of this. Truth eventually finds a way out - if the smoke I see eventually turns into disappearing vapor, I'll be glad to acknowledge so.

Carl and Someone - you see no smoke in any of these scandals - no reason to investigate?

I'd be fine with a real investigation. (Particularly of the IRS.)

Unfortunately, the House Oversight Committee isn't interested in an actual investigation. They're engaged in a partisan witch hunt.

1. Bush's fault - familiar ringtone I guess Bush is still responsible for all of his appointees even though he is out of the office. The current president has no mgmt responsibility on what goes on in his admin. Check.

It's interesting that you are so eager to blame Obama yet you react in this way to a factual statement that the gentleman in charge was placed there by one George W. Bush.

2. Republican's fault - familiar ringtone - Repubs push for accountability - get blamed while DOJ goes on massive witch hunt.

Huh? You admit that the Republicans pushed for this investigation but you are condemning the DOJ for conducting said investigation? :dunno

3. CIA fault - familiar ringtone - No responsibility from the State Dept / or White House to insure the safety of our citizens. To deflect we point out 54 previous attacks - But I wonder if the military was told to 'stand down' in any of those and if our citizens were killed while under a prolonged attack.

You might want to lay off the conservative echo chamber for awhile . . . it makes it difficult to carry on a reality based conversation regarding Benghazi with people who aren't in the bubble.

• Fire 2

You might want to lay off the conservative echo chamber for awhile . . . it makes it difficult to carry on a reality based conversation regarding Benghazi with people who aren't in the bubble.

But four Americans are dead, and Obama didn't even hold his own umbrella.

But four Americans are dead, and Obama didn't even hold his own umbrella.

Four Americans are dead.

Obama.

4. I'll give you # 4 - good intentions (I hope) poor implimentation - full of cost over runs.

Yes, these are opinion pieces. But that is fair in a forum - for thought foder.

Regardless - time will tell the substance behind all of this. Truth eventually finds a way out - if the smoke I see eventually turns into disappearing vapor, I'll be glad to acknowledge so.

1. Bush's fault is not all what I wrote. IRS' bad policy and bad operation execution is the problem. If you want to suggest some tin foil inspired idea the Team Obama planned this IRS activity then you better understand that it took place under a agency leader that was selected and appointed by Bush so the conspiracy assumption get pretty far fetched from the start given the fact that Obama didn't have a friend running the agency.

2. I never said it is the Republican's fault. My point is the investigation into the leaks had bi-partisan support. Everyone has to determine what they stand for. Do we fight to protect National Security by working to stop leaks or do we find a reason to attack the administration and claim Tyranny?

At a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, the director,
, said that the disclosure of the information about the plot, which was first reported by The Associated Press on May 7, compromised the United States’ operations against Al Qaeda.
Mr. Mueller said that such a leak threatens operations, “puts at risk the lives of sources, makes it much more difficult to recruit sources, and damages our relationships with our foreign partners.”

The investigation continues an unprecedented focus by the Obama administration on targeting the sources of unauthorized disclosures of classified information to the news media. The administration has prosecuted six such cases, compared with a total of three under all previous presidents.
The prosecutions have had strong bipartisan support from Congress but have been sharply criticized by press advocates as misguided crackdowns on whistle-blowers. On Wednesday, members of the Senate committee endorsed the idea of the investigation.
“Regardless of political consequences, I hope that you get to the bottom of it,” said Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa, the ranking member of the committee. “Our international partners have been wary of cooperating with us in the wake of the WikiLeaks affair, in which our ability to keep their confidence was severely damaged.”

3. The CIA and State Department have to determine which agency is going to take a lead opperational role at each mission. This one was clearly 90% CIA. Do you want the White House to take over operation control of all CIA missions? You do know that the STAND DOWN claim has been totally cut to shreds--it just isn't consistant with the military facts, don't you? When will you be glad to acknowledge that?

Obama is NOT Nixon not even close. You would have to be a descent President to be considered the same. And, that is really pretty sad to say that in comparison. But, talking heads have said multiple times that they are not going to mention Impeach until they are ready for it. That is why I made the comparison or said Obama's scandal's are WORSE than Nixon's and he got impeached

Obama is NOT Nixon not even close. You would have to be a descent President to be considered the same. And, that is really pretty sad to say that in comparison. But, talking heads have said multiple times that they are not going to mention Impeach until they are ready for it. That is why I made the comparison or said Obama's scandal's are WORSE than Nixon's and he got impeached

Not sure if serious.

Not sure if serious.

I think so . . . :hmmph