Which Scandal is the worse for the President & Country

lol @ Obamacare being a scandal

Obamacare is lambasted by people who don't understand it and don't know what it sets out to accomplish. But the principles are great and have been a long time coming and in the long run will really reduce health care costs and insurance costs, provided the proper additional legislation is paired with it. With any sort of price gouging regulation at all in clinics and hospitals, Obamacare will be really effective at making healthcare affordable for all. It isn't quite there yet, and it has flaws that you would expect out of any major overhaul program that is only a couple of years old. I think most of the backlash comes from "old guard" republicans (the same type that you see staunchly protesting gay marriage, for example) who haven't even looked into what it is and what needs to be done. Mainly, people think that "Obamacare" IS the solution. it is not the solution; it is merely step 1 in changing an entire system, a system that economic principles do not apply to at all due to the infinite value of a human life.

Benghazi is hardly a scandal, mostly a mistake turned into a media frenzy (and a boring one at that)

IRS and Justice Dept have nothing to do with Obama but are obviously not good; obviously it is one of these two.

• Fire 1

Just wanted to get everyone thoughts on the scandals now circling this administration.

Which of these scandals do you feel is worse for the country as a whole? Will have the most negative affect on justice and rights.

Similiar question: Which scandal will be the most difficult for the President and his team to handle?

Will one of these scandals lead to impeachment proceedings?

Do the Repubs have the 'man-hood' to start impeachment proceedings if investigations would show criminal activity at the highest levels?

1. Libya - cover up. This scandal starts with the 'non-action' of the administration to beef up security at the embassy. Ends with what appears to be a cover up. A failiure to protect and defend US citizens.

2. IRS targeting conservative groups and individuals. This scandal reminds one of Nixion - using the power of govt against opponents

3. Justice Dept wire tapping of AP reporters' phones - 1st amendment issues at stake here

4. ObamaCare - cost cost overruns. While not a scandal - it shows the lack of truth in selling ObamaCare to the public.

My take: Obama Care - just poor policy, poor implimentation. It will just make people mad.

The Libya issue shows inept management at the highest level. It will ruin Hillary's political future (She aint Bill!). I don't think it will bring down the president but will cause more distrust in the admin.

The Libya lies could pave the way for such a distrust in the admin that either the IRS issue or Phone tapping issue could end up with impeachment proceedings (if criminal action is found at the highest level). I think these 2 issues are the most serious - they smack of the 'potential' abuse of power and are Nixonian in nature - perhaps when all of the facts are revealed - it will be less so - it is too early to tell.

After reading this and after watching hours of these unreal events that this administration has caused, I strongly believe that that the Obama administration makes Nixon look like an angel.

I'd like to see 'em all stop pointing fingers, make a damn decision, move on, and start workin on important stuff before we hit 5$ gas and any and all improvements the economy has made over the past couple years is completely washed away.

Yes. But then Obama and his crooks can go away scott free and without consequence. And the fact this is driving up the gas prices is another reason that the current administration is crooked.

I'd like to see 'em all stop pointing fingers, make a damn decision, move on, and start workin on important stuff before we hit 5$ gas and any and all improvements the economy has made over the past couple years is completely washed away.

Yes. But then Obama and his crooks can go away scott free and without consequence. And the fact this is driving up the gas prices is another reason that the current administration is crooked.

tumblr_lu2ldnXj6V1r5jtugo1_250.gif

• Fire 3

I hope that Freak and TG will expand on their posts.

I'd like to understand more about what they posted.

What criminal actions to you both suspect might have occurredwithin the White House? I haven't seem much written comparing Nixon and Obama.

I said "if crimial actions are found". I don't know if there are any violations of the law. Too early to tell. My understanding is that there are some Nixon era laws that regulates the relationship the white house has wt the IRS - basically preventing the white house from using the IRS as their own bully club on opponents.

My OP wasn't to claim that there are violation but ask the questions - which scandal is the most dangerous for both the administration and the country, and IF there are violations of the law what actions should the congress take?? So, it is one of those - If there is smoke - is there fire questions. Too early to see but there is a real haze in the air for sure.

Here are three resent stories related to the 3 scandals and one doing the Nixon/Obama comparrison.

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/05/20/obama-and-the-irs-the-smoking

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/348752

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-rare-peek-into-a-justice-department-leak-probe/2013/05/19/0bc473de-be5e-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_story.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/05/20/richard_milhous_obama_118475.html

I said "if crimial actions are found". I don't know if there are any violations of the law. Too early to tell. My understanding is that there are some Nixon era laws that regulates the relationship the white house has wt the IRS - basically preventing the white house from using the IRS as their own bully club on opponents.

My OP wasn't to claim that there are violation but ask the questions - which scandal is the most dangerous for both the administration and the country, and IF there are violations of the law what actions should the congress take?? So, it is one of those - If there is smoke - is there fire questions. Too early to see but there is a real haze in the air for sure.

Here are three resent stories related to the 3 scandals and one doing the Nixon/Obama comparrison.

http://spectator.org...irs-the-smoking

http://www.nationalr...com/node/348752

http://www.washingto...31f9_story.html

http://www.realclear...ama_118475.html

3 of the 4 links seem to be junk journalism.

Here is a great article about the Tea Party vs IRS issue. Note the DATE.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/07/us/politics/irs-scrutiny-of-political-groups-stirs-harassment-claim.html?pagewanted=all

\

Did you read the articles/opinion or just read the link itself?

And NY Times ( one of the most liberal main stream rags in America) isn't junk/bias?

Here is my quick take - the IRS should be investigating any group (lib or conservative) without bias as to their tax exempt status.

Their applications should not be slowed down or targeted due to pressure from congressional offices or from the white house.

The IRS should not be a tool of any administration - Nixon or Obama.

Going to the post on corruption, other thread, here is an example where power concentrated can have greater opportunity for corruption.

Then we top this off with the IRS being the 'enforcers' for ObamaCare. Even more opportunity for great corruption - not saying it is automatic.

With this scandal, I wish someone would take the lead and look at a total different way of taxing. Flat tax, Fair tax, or some other way to remove the opportunity to

politicalize the tax gathering arm of the us govt. Our complex tax code allows many a politician to enhance themselves or supporters, or to spin a web to catch opponents or get trapped in themselves.

Here is my quick take - the IRS should be investigating any group (lib or conservative) without bias as to their tax exempt status.

Completely agree.

Their applications should not be slowed down or targeted due to pressure from congressional offices or from the white house.

Any evidence of this? Anything?

Completely agree.

Too early to tell. That is why they are investigating

Completely agree.

So you just throw Nixon and Obama together . . . insinuate that applications might have been slowed down due to political pressure . . . without any facts whatsoever . . . and then say "they are investigating."

OK, then.

Completely agree.

So you just throw Nixon and Obama together . . . insinuate that applications might have been slowed down due to political pressure . . . without any facts whatsoever . . . and then say "they are investigating."

OK, then.

Sarah Palin might have had sex with a grizzly bear. They are investigating.

• Fire 2