This sounds oddly familiar...

I mean, have you guys seriously not heard this at tons and tons of schools?

Seems every high school in the state did this at one point or another. It's a pretty commonly borrowed thing.

Nebraska Football chant + Nebraska High Schools repeating this chant = makes sense cause these high schools are located in Nebraska

Nebraska Football chant + Arizona Youth Football team = doesn't make sense

There are two Husker Alumni chapters in Arizona, one in Phoenix and one in Tucson. There are about half a brazilian expat Nebraskans living down there was well, so it's not surprising that we would have some fan end up coaching a youth team who uses the Husker Prayer to fire up his team. I've never heard of this before, but it makes sense with all the Nebraskans living elsewhere.

Good find, saunders. Those kids have some fire in their bellies. :thumbs

I mean, have you guys seriously not heard this at tons and tons of schools?

Seems every high school in the state did this at one point or another. It's a pretty commonly borrowed thing.

Until I saw the posted video, I had never heard anyone else use the "Prayer" except for that C2 basketball game I referred to. I've certainly never been a part of any team growing up that used it.

There are two Husker Alumni chapters in Arizona, one in Phoenix and one in Tucson. There are about half a brazilian expat Nebraskans living down there was well, so it's not surprising that we would have some fan end up coaching a youth team who uses the Husker Prayer to fire up his team. I've never heard of this before, but it makes sense with all the Nebraskans living elsewhere.

Good find, saunders. Those kids have some fire in their bellies. :thumbs

This. I don't know if it's all the retirees in Arizona or what, but there are a lot of Husker fans there. Remember Todd Peat seeing the Husker license plate? And I used to drive past a Husker store every day in the middle of Scottsdale.

I coach High School Football in GA, just south of Atlanta, and the team I coach did that prayer for years. I am not the one that told them about it, but I told them that it was a Nebraska Cornhuskers thing. They said that they saw it on youtube and thought it sounded awesome. Just saying, kids these days will do anything if they think it makes them sound cool.