A Buckeye here with a few questions...

After 2 seasons in the B1G, how do you guys like being in this conference? I think the addition of your school has been great. My only wish is if somehow we could play you guys every season.

When you guys were invited and accepted, I really wish they would've brought in another familiar Big XII school, namely Mizzou. I always thought that Nebraska and Missouri would be great additions to the Big Ten.

How do you like the more recent additions with Maryland and Rutgers?

Good luck this upcoming season and I think we'll be knocking heads with each other in Indy on December 6.

Overall Nebraska fan is incredibly pleased and comfortable with the B1G. We feel respected and welcomed and treated equally by almost all (not so much from Iowa fans but meh). It's been a fun, occasionally painful, ride the last two years, and the tradition and pageantry make it seem and feel like we've always belonged here.

Maryland and Rutgers...personally, I understand it, but I don't agree with it. I think it cheapens the quality of league for the sake of strengthening the profit of the league. Can't blame the conference for doing it, just not a fan of it.

• Fire 1

After 2 seasons in the B1G, how do you guys like being in this conference? I think the addition of your school has been great. My only wish is if somehow we could play you guys every season.

I love being in the B1G. I think we fit in much better than in the Big XII. Throw in the added stability and a bunch more money, what isn't to like?

When you guys were invited and accepted, I really wish they would've brought in another familiar Big XII school, namely Mizzou. I always thought that Nebraska and Missouri would be great additions to the Big Ten.

I think the B1G really did Mizzou wrong. I'm not a fan by any means, but they toyed with them and used them as a pawn. Looking at expansion now, if they treated them better, we could have them in the B1G now instead of Rutgers/Maryland. I feel we were a little alienated being the only expansion, getting voted out of the AAU, and then given murderers row for a schedule.

I don't like them at all, but I will admit Delany is probably smarter than me.

I don't like Maryland/Rutgers at all. What is the prevailing Ohio State opinion on this? I am interested to hear what you guys think. Does the name cheapen the brand? Did Nebraska strengthen it?

All in all I think the B1G was a marriage of perceived necessity and has worked out relatively well for both parties. I think the B1G as a whole would like Nebraska to be a little more dominant in OOC contests, I believe that is what the conference was counting on. Is their any buyer's remorse there from your point of view?

I still miss the Big 8 teams, but I think I always will. A Nebraska fan and nostalgia are common bedfellows.

I think Ohio State fans were expecting a Pitt/Rutgers combo or perhaps a Pitt/Syracuse. The Maryland add really threw most of us for a loop. We feel a lot of the same as you guys - we're not B1G fans of the choice. But, they're here. Rutgers is especially going to get a rude introduction in season 1.

Great! And yeah, I'd like to play tOSU every season. Sure, it would be tough to win in Columbus for us. Just like it's a bit tough for you to take a win out of Lincoln.

Yeah, I bag on Mizzou. But they would've been a great addition. Oh well.

Well, they don't add much to the quality of our football conference. But they increase our footprint. The Turtles bring a decent basketball program to the table. And from a personal perspective, I have a buddy who is a Turtle fan. So now we can talk some sports smack.

Good luck this upcoming season and I think we'll be knocking heads with each other in Indy on December 6.

Let's hope so. There's a lot of fooseball to be played between now and then.

I don't like Maryland/Rutgers at all. What is the prevailing Ohio State opinion on this? I am interested to hear what you guys think. Does the name cheapen the brand? Did Nebraska strengthen it?

All in all I think the B1G was a marriage of perceived necessity and has worked out relatively well for both parties. I think the B1G as a whole would like Nebraska to be a little more dominant in OOC contests, I believe that is what the conference was counting on. Is their any buyer's remorse there from your point of view?

I still miss the Big 8 teams, but I think I always will. A Nebraska fan and nostalgia are common bedfellows.

I believe Delany watered down the brand of the Big Ten being a Midwestern conference that prides itself academics, research, sports, and midwestern traditions. There is just something special about being in the Midwest and having associations with the Great Lakes states as you can go anywhere and be in contact with Big Ten alum from your school and others. However, going out east waters downs the brand and opens us up to a culture shock I'm not sure most of would be open to. I will admit, I don't favor the east coast bias and think we get enough with Penn State. Rutgers doesn't really bring anything to the conference except Jersey shore. Maryland brings basketball, soccer, lacrosse and crabcakes but that's tied in with an athletic department in debt and cutting sports programs. Its like they're looking to join just to solvent their needs for their ailing athletic programs. I may come across as brutal but I have a hard time opening up to people/teams and accepting new things but given my dislike for the east coast this isn't making things any easier. Its going to take time for me to accept change which is never easy. At least with Nebraska you guys fit in and brought: football, volleyball, baseball and more. In addition, you brought the nice fans ever, but Northwestern still has my heart as my second favorite team with Neb in third.

As for Neb we have no buyer remorse. We're glad to have you.

Do you miss Texas and Colorado? :sarcasm

I believe Delany watered down the brand of the Big Ten being a Midwestern conference that prides itself academics, research, sports, and midwestern traditions. There is just something special about being in the Midwest and having associations with the Great Lakes states as you can go anywhere and be in contact with Big Ten alum from your school and others. However, going out east waters downs the brand and opens us up to a culture shock I'm not sure most of would be open to. I will admit, I don't favor the east coast bias and think we get enough with Penn State. Rutgers doesn't really bring anything to the conference except Jersey shore. Maryland brings basketball, soccer, lacrosse and crabcakes but that's tied in with an athletic department in debt and cutting sports programs. Its like they're looking to join just to solvent their needs for their ailing athletic programs. I may come across as brutal but I have a hard time opening up to people/teams and accepting new things but given my dislike for the east coast this isn't making things any easier. Its going to take time for me to accept change which is never easy. At least with Nebraska you guys fit in and brought: football, volleyball, baseball and more. In addition, you brought the nice fans ever, but Northwestern still has my heart as my second favorite team with Neb in third.

As for Neb we have no buyer remorse. We're glad to have you.

Do you miss Texas and Colorado? :sarcasm

No. To the missing them statement. I think the problem is that Ohio and Nebraska are at the extremes of what is the "Midwest". How many Ohioans think Nebraska is "west" and how many Nebraskans think Ohio is "eastern".

I'm gonna like the conference a whole lot more now that they ditched the "Legends and Leaders" crap

Ha ha! I may be the only guy in America who liked the Legends and Leaders names. In fact, since the Big "Ten" now has 14 members I'm going to start lobbying to change the conference name from Big Ten to the Legends and Leaders Conference. :lol:

/since I'm the only guy in America who likes them, it's going to be an uphill battle.

I love the B1G. It set our team back a couple years because we didn't have the guys on the Offensive and Defensive Lines to be as good in the B1G, especially on D. Hopefully we can get that figured out soon so we can start winning B1G championships every once in a while.