ESPN Laying Off HUNDREDS

Statement from ESPN:

We are implementing changes across the company to enhance our continued growth while smartly managing costs. While difficult, we are confident that it will make us more competitive, innovative and productive.

One employee said:

I was laid off from ESPN today after 9 and a half years. Completely out of the blue, no warning at all. I was told it was 10% across the board, which would be roughly 400.

http://deadspin.com/source-espn-laying-off-hundreds-509043249?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

The first crack in the mighty empire.

That is what happens when you are biased against my Huskers. :ahhhhhhhh

One of the other quotes from that fired employee says that they were told the layoffs are directly tied to eSECpn's profit margin

...we were told that the layoffs ARE tied to the profit margin that ESPN needs to meet and the fact they haven't met that number. Your comments about them buying all of these live rights and now needed to reduce overhead costs is dead on.

Rumor has it they cut back Holtz's drool moppers from 3 to 1. None are certain what consequences this may have on work place safety (wet floors) or ESPN's ability to be on the air 24 hours a day. I'm sure everyone remembers the terrifying ESPN outtage of 2010, which was a direct result of electronics difficulties when one of Holtz's drool moppers called in sick.

• Fire 2

They could have cleared up a lot of cash firing Lou Holtz and Mark May.

Also Stephen A and Skip Bayless

lets not forget the game day crew and producer

David Pollack and Stuart Scott need to go as well