I don't buy the argument presented in that link. Forcing games to function like downloads when they were not is dumb. If they want to move to more of a Steam setup, leave the discs at $59.99 and put the digital version on XBL or PSN at a substantially lower price from day 1. That will push more sales digital than anything else. And offer sales like Steam does. Neither XBL or PSN do the sale thing like Steam does. Sure the pub/dev makes less per sale, but the numbers are that Steam sales boost unit volume by as much as 4000%

And MS is making far too much of a big deal about the cable box pass through feature. Like punching the input button on a remote is too much work.

And the Kinect IS a child's toy really. And really, the patent MS filed for using the Kinect's recognition abilities for Pay Per Viewer content should scare the hell out of any Xbone adopter. Sure the EULA doesn't have the anything in it now, but that would only take pushing a mandatory firmware update and EULA update to make that a reality.

5226.destructoid_2D00_dot_2D00_com_2D00_fanboy_2D00_anatomy.jpg

All in good fun...I do think the PS4 will be a great system, and I do recognize the areas of concern for the One. I am simply just not ready to throw my hat in the PS4 corner just yet. I do believe that much like the original xbox and the 360, my personal preferences will lean to Microsoft over Sony. Could be wrong...really hope that I am right! :)

I blame the backlash from the community. If we would've taken more time to think about the pros the combination once a day Internet connection and the DRM instead of just blasting on the cons (some of which are misguided), perhaps this could've led to a better gaming future for the consumer. The article GSG posted from Gizmodo points this out.

Sony took advantage of the people's misconceptions of how DRM works, and it worked. But in the long run, we (the community) will come out on the losing end, again. They forced Microsoft to abandon their vision, and that sucks.

• Fire 1