Seems like a pretty mediocre and entirely Microsoft sort of announcement. We'll give you a few new shiny things and parternships with other people and oh yeah Call of Duty and we have some other games too I guess.

And the playstation one was better? 3 hours of showing us a controller? LOL

The Playstation one was a teaser, but focused almost entirely on high-budget, triple-A exclusive games and the company's commitment towards games. With their game console.

Games have been a bit of an afterthought for Microsoft for some time. I mean their approach is working for them, but when I'm interesting in gaming consoles I am interested in good games and a commitment to them.

Update-

The 'fee' for used games is ..... Full MSRP. Basically, your game is paired with a log in.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs

And while not always online, you make have a timer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-doesnt-require-internet-connection?abthid=519c06d320c468e137000060

When Kotaku's Stephen Totilo pressed Harrison on the specifics of how long you could be offline before the Xbox One stopped you from playing a single-player game, Harrison responded with, "I believe it’s 24 hours."

No surprise Sony's stock went up after the announcements today.

Xbox One looks pretty sweet....but it's all flashy right now...I want to wait til it comes out and here a few reviews before I decide to pay the bucks. I am still interested in PS4 as well....don't know which one I want to nab just yet. The new kinect looks pretty frigging sweet though.

Update-

The 'fee' for used games is ..... Full MSRP. Basically, your game is paired with a log in.

http://www.ign.com/a...y-game-installs

And while not always online, you make have a timer.

http://www.ign.com/a...0c468e137000060

When Kotaku's Stephen Totilo pressed Harrison on the specifics of how long you could be offline before the Xbox One stopped you from playing a single-player game, Harrison responded with, "I believe it’s 24 hours."

No surprise Sony's stock went up after the announcements today.

Sony's stock went up yesterday because of the rumor that they're going through with spinning off their entertainment division instead of balling it up with the rest of the sinking ship as they do now. It had nothing to do with the Microsoft announcement.

And you know, I seem to recall that Steam is a much beloved service that doesn't allow gamers to trade games or sell them used--yet, people will jump to their defense (not unlike the PlayStation fanbois in this thread...). Steam also requires that you eventually check in online (you can play offline for a limited amount of time)...just like what Microsoft announced.

If it's so great for Steam, why is it not great for someone else to do it?

And this move to always-online and no used games isn't Microsoft driven--it's publisher driven. This means we're going to hear and see something similar on the PlayStation front too--Sony just didn't have the cojones to come out and cop to it. :-|

After reading more info some of you have posted about the XboxOne, I'm now fully leaning toward the PS4.

About 13 hours ago I was stuck on which one to get but now I have my clear favorite

Wait until E3--all we have from Sony is a controller and pre-rendered movies for games. And again, since this move is publisher-driven for always online/no used games, Sony will have most likely have something similar on their platform as well. Just waiting for all of the details from BOTH Sony and Microsoft.

Another thing worth noting:

I've never seen a console generation start off so far behind pc's from the start as far as technical capacity.

That Call of Duty game didn't look impressive in the least technically. With the amount of detail, graphics and physics rendering possible on high end GPU's, I'm extremely disappointed in both microsoft and sony's consoles starting from behind before they even launch.

I've never seen a console generation start off so far behind pc's from the start as far as technical capacity.

That Call of Duty game didn't look impressive in the least technically. With the amount of detail, graphics and physics rendering possible on high end GPU's, I'm extremely disappointed in both microsoft and sony's consoles starting from behind before they even launch.

lolwut?

lolwut?

As of right now, high-end PC's are capable of notably more impressive visuals and performance than either Microsoft's or Sony's new consoles, and the consoles haven't even released yet.

Wait until E3--all we have from Sony is a controller and pre-rendered movies for games. And again, since this move is publisher-driven for always online/no used games, Sony will have most likely have something similar on their platform as well. Just waiting for all of the details from BOTH Sony and Microsoft.

Guess we'll have to wait till June 10 to find out.

As far as now the XboxOne isn't the console for me