So the only way for the Xbox One to work properly is having it hooked up to Kinect......so if your Kinect breaks you're basically screwed.

Also heard that you have to sign online once every 24 hours. How stupid is that. I haven't signed onto my PS3 within the past 4 days

This Xbox One is a huge fail.......its more a digital cable box than a gaming console

Right now I don't like the idea that it has to be signed in once every 24 hours. But I think it's probably best to wait until more information is known before jumping to conclusions.

But the thing is PS4 had their conference months ago so Microsoft had plenty of time to wow everybody but failed. Instead of showing off games because these are key word here "gaming" consoles, they instead spent their entire conference showing off the XboxOne as a digital cable box and the Kinect features.

Q: Hey what cool games are coming out to the XboxOne?

A: I don't know but I can watch TV on it

You seem to have forgot that there is a conference where platforms can show off all the games coming to their system. I think it's called E3, or something like that.

They revealed what their console could do outside of just playing games. We know consoles can play games, that is their inherent function. Do I wish they would've shown game footage? Yes. Am I not going to buy the console simply because they didn't show actual game footage at their reveal? No. There is simply not enough information out there (seriously, wait until E3) for a decision to be made.

Plus, I hate PlayStation's controller.

I'm well aware of E3 and if E3 is such an important event for the gaming industry, why didn't Microsoft or Sony just wait till E3 to reveal their next gen consoles?

Every game knows that consoles are made to play games but what attaches us to these consoles and drives us to save our money to buy these new consoles are the next gen games. How do they look, what new games are coming out, etc and none of those were addressed by Microsoft but instead they said screw the gamers cause with the XboxOne, gaming is our secondary attraction where watching TV on it and integrating everything on the Kinect is our primary goal.

When Sony revealed the PS4 it wasn't mind blowing by any means but it gave us gamers an idea of what the next gen console will produce graphics, visuals, gameplay, etc. Sure Sony hasn't shown us their new console but at least they showed us what the console can push out.

So the only way for the Xbox One to work properly is having it hooked up to Kinect......so if your Kinect breaks you're basically screwed.

Also heard that you have to sign online once every 24 hours. How stupid is that. I haven't signed onto my PS3 within the past 4 days

This Xbox One is a huge fail.......its more a digital cable box than a gaming console

Right now I don't like the idea that it has to be signed in once every 24 hours. But I think it's probably best to wait until more information is known before jumping to conclusions.

But the thing is PS4 had their conference months ago so Microsoft had plenty of time to wow everybody but failed. Instead of showing off games because these are key word here "gaming" consoles, they instead spent their entire conference showing off the XboxOne as a digital cable box and the Kinect features.

Q: Hey what cool games are coming out to the XboxOne?

A: I don't know but I can watch TV on it

You seem to have forgot that there is a conference where platforms can show off all the games coming to their system. I think it's called E3, or something like that.

They revealed what their console could do outside of just playing games. We know consoles can play games, that is their inherent function. Do I wish they would've shown game footage? Yes. Am I not going to buy the console simply because they didn't show actual game footage at their reveal? No. There is simply not enough information out there (seriously, wait until E3) for a decision to be made.

Plus, I hate PlayStation's controller.

I'm well aware of E3 and if E3 is such an important event for the gaming industry, why didn't Microsoft or Sony just wait till E3 to reveal their next gen consoles?

Every game knows that consoles are made to play games but what attaches us to these consoles and drives us to save our money to buy these new consoles are the next gen games. How do they look, what new games are coming out, etc and none of those were addressed by Microsoft but instead they said screw the gamers cause with the XboxOne, gaming is our secondary attraction where watching TV on it and integrating everything on the Kinect is our primary goal.

When Sony revealed the PS4 it wasn't mind blowing by any means but it gave us gamers an idea of what the next gen console will produce graphics, visuals, gameplay, etc. Sure Sony hasn't shown us their new console but at least they showed us what the console can push out.

Because E3 is where they're going to show what the games are going to look like on the next-gen. Why slap us in the face at the conference which is supposed to be about games with announcements of the reveal?

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Pretty bad decisions. Sony is going to kill this generation if they use any sort of common sense.

My God tschu!! LOL LOL LOL That .gif is aaaaawesome!!! This .gif alone may sway me to purchase a PS4 over an Xbox One. lol I currently have an xbox 360..so I am use to that console experience....but with all this xbox one crap that is coming to light....I don't think I want to spend the bucks on Xbox One.

Because E3 is where they're going to show what the games are going to look like on the next-gen. Why slap us in the face at the conference which is supposed to be about games with announcements of the reveal?

Why slap us in the face at these early conferences revealing their next gen consoles only to talk about what features it'll have instead of showing off some gameplay of the next gen graphics and games. Seriously this is a GAMING console. Gamers don't care about these extra features or gimmicks, gamers care about the games and what they'll look like and hows the gameplay not what other features it'll have.

They can show off some games at these earlier conferences and at E3 show us even more upcoming games which they will and have done in the past and it'll also be a good time to show off what features the XboxOne and PS4 will come with. Also they do reveal other stuff at E3 other than games like the PS3 did with the move and Home years ago or when the Kinect was introduced back in 2010.

Gamers don't care what new features or gimmicks their next gen console comes with, they only care about how the games will look like and how the gameplay looks and feels.

Why slap us in the face at these early conferences revealing their next gen consoles only to talk about what features it'll have instead of showing off some gameplay of the next gen graphics and games. Seriously this is a GAMING console. Gamers don't care about these extra features or gimmicks, gamers care about the games and what they'll look like and hows the gameplay not what other features it'll have.

They can show off some games at these earlier conferences and at E3 show us even more upcoming games which they will and have done in the past and it'll also be a good time to show off what features the XboxOne and PS4 will come with. Also they do reveal other stuff at E3 other than games like the PS3 did with the move and Home years ago or when the Kinect was introduced back in 2010.

Gamers don't care what new features or gimmicks their next gen console comes with, they only care about how the games will look like and how the gameplay looks and feels.

I'm not disputing what gamers care about. I'm not making that argument. I'm just trying to understand the perspective Microsoft was taking with their console reveal. Apparently to them, it was a good idea to talk about what the console does other than play video games--because they can just show what the games look like at E3. I don't think it was a good move, and I think Sony is going to outperform Microsoft in this console generation mainly due to the fact that they're going to present their console in concordance with a lot of game play footage.

Not showing game play footage at their reveal has left a bad taste in the gamers' mouths, even though it really shouldn't have. I don't know how much game play footage is going to be needed to erase that taste.

Either that or Sony is going to do their usual "jam their foot in their mouths technique."

• Fire 1

I'm not disputing what gamers care about. I'm not making that argument. I'm just trying to understand the perspective Microsoft was taking with their console reveal. Apparently to them, it was a good idea to talk about what the console does other than play video games--because they can just show what the games look like at E3. I don't think it was a good move, and I think Sony is going to outperform Microsoft in this console generation mainly due to the fact that they're going to present their console in concordance with a lot of game play footage.

Not showing game play footage at their reveal has left a bad taste in the gamers' mouths, even though it really shouldn't have. I don't know how much game play footage is going to be needed to erase that taste.

Either that or Sony is going to do their usual "jam their foot in their mouths technique."

Touche and I agree +1

I don't think the reveal was horrible but it could have been slightly more gameplay-centered. What is horrible is the used game policy and the internet connection requirements and things along those lines that are going to suck a little bit and get even worse publicity. I don't plan on getting any next-gen console in the next couple of years though anyways so I'll be content to just sit back and watch the consoles be released and see how it goes.

the thing that bothers me about new game systems is that these developers could never imagine internet connectivity being an issue. however, i have horrible internet connectivity out here in the country and i know i am not alone.

also, i remember when the ps3 coming out the demonstrated the game play because of how interactive and immersive the environments would be and that was a rather big innovation.

I mean

A) Requiring internet connection

B) Binding a game to a system therefore no game resale

C) Requiring full game install on disc

D) Requiring Kinect

are all just bad, like really obviously terribly bad. Sure the system is gonna kick ass and have great graphics and great features. But A,B,C, and D are gonna be hard to overcome. I expect Microsoft to backtrack a little bit before the release.

I guess I just don't see the fascination with the playstation 4. The graphics are better...but to say far better is a stretch. The move is a joke, and is a lame version of the wii. And if you think that publishers have asked only Microsoft to end the sale of used games, you are in for sore surprise.

So outside of preference...what are we talking about?

You don't buy either system for the motion tracking trash, unless you are a die hard Dance, Dance junkie, or 12. There are no great games for any motion sensing system out there. And keep this patent in mind for the Xbone.

http://www.wired.co....patent-snooping

Kinect-based system that could be used to monitor the number of people in a room watching a TV with a view to giving content creators accurate viewing figures and a pay-per-user-view model.

The system would use the Kinect camera to check the number of viewers in any room and then prompt the consumer to purchase the appropriate license based on that number. This would mean that you would pay more, for example, for a family of six than if you were watching a piece of content on your own.

If that does happen, I will disown Microsoft and Xbox. I don't think that would happen though, Microsoft has to know that they would be committing company wide suicide if they pulled something like that.

Odds are MS does something like this.

EULA will have some vague data collection clause for now.

About year or two in, it gets updated for tracking info like how many people are watching Monday Night Football, so it can be used for ratings. And most people shrug.

A year later it gets another update linking up per viewer tracking to media downloaded from XBL, accept or you now own a brick.