2013 Big Red Weekend

Good news with ballage. I think he could be the LB of the class. Would have liked to get Taven on a visit but oh well. Needed some good news.

I think I heard that we would let him play any position he wanted and that he would play RB.

Exactly. Several schools are telling him he can play what he wants, including us. Rivals did a video interview with him... he indicated he really didn't want to play LB and that schools that pinned him there were falling back on his list. He's played RB his whole life. He's only played LB one year and didn't like it that much.

this is the difference between good and great. You have to get the big names in here. Commitments are happening so fast that time cannot be wasted. If some of these kids really wanted to come here, they find a way. Cameron Sims won't be coming either. Now this list isn't all that great. I'm under the impression that sometimes kids will just say, "yeah sure I'll be there" to the coaches and media but in reality they know they won't and will give an excuse last minute. Actually, I know that in most cases thats how it goes.

• Fire 1

this is the difference between good and great. You have to get the big names in here. Commitments are happening so fast that time cannot be wasted. If some of these kids really wanted to come here, they find a way. Cameron Sims won't be coming either. Now this list isn't all that great. I'm under the impression that sometimes kids will just say, "yeah sure I'll be there" to the coaches and media but in reality they know they won't and will give an excuse last minute. Actually, I know that in most cases thats how it goes.

Some people will never be happy. Darn these coaches for saying that kids are coming when they say they will. Coaches making other prospects intentions public draws hype from the media. Those are good things. The coaches have done everything they can short of giving these kids money and flying them up themselves. This big red weekend will not be as big as it could have been but we still have some exciting prospects with a chance of some committs. Here is to a big weekend and some more good news on top of farmer AND stoltenberg offer.

Some people will never be happy. Darn these coaches for saying that kids are coming when they say they will. Coaches making other prospects intentions public draws hype from the media. Those are good things. The coaches have done everything they can short of giving these kids money and flying them up themselves. This big red weekend will not be as big as it could have been but we still have some exciting prospects with a chance of some committs. Here is to a big weekend and some more good news on top of farmer AND stoltenberg offer.

The fact of the matter is, Nebraska started off lazy in this class. They have no problem getting the second and third team all conference players but the real race is to get those future first teamers. I understand that they want to have the rule changed because not giving OV is a real disadvantage but you have to find a way. Nebraska knows they let off the pedal. They rode the high of last class. The guys that can't make it now are the guys that put the program over the top. You find a way.

Please provide evidence that they were lazy or failed to work hard enough. Because it sounds to me like the same baseless crap that gets thrown out every time those that know better decide that we aren't far enough along in a recruiting class. And yet, we've ended up with solid recruiting classes despite the annual summer complaining.

• Fire 3

The fact of the matter is, Nebraska started off lazy in this class. They have no problem getting the second and third team all conference players but the real race is to get those future first teamers. I understand that they want to have the rule changed because not giving OV is a real disadvantage but you have to find a way. Nebraska knows they let off the pedal. They rode the high of last class. The guys that can't make it now are the guys that put the program over the top. You find a way.

You should really look into where some of the coaches had been after signing day.

TJ went through SEC country into Florida, for instance.

Lazy, right?