Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

God forbid the young, healthy, and making over 4x the poverty level Americans take a little hit. Life is already so rough for them! Meanwhile, f#*k the old and sick and poor, they don't need affordable health coverage - what they need is to PICK THEMSELVES UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS AND GET A JOB PAY FOR THAT CANCER CARE YOURSELF, ASS. Some country we live in, eh?

But no, JJs rates went up. Scrap this crappy idea.

I have an aunt who will be able to buy insurance for the first time in years in 2014. (Pre-existing condition.)

She is understandably ecstatic about this . . . but doesn't understand that it's part of Obamacare. Naturally, she despises Obamacare because of tyranny and death panels. :)

Posted by one of my right winger friends on fb, but I'm beginning to think it originated from the left.

But it was on the interwebs, so it must be true.

Wayne Shrock

about 2 months ago..

Obama Care. Just wait to see what happen in 2013 & 2014!

Age 76 Today, I went to the Dr. for my monthly B12 shot that I have been getting for a number of years. The nurse came and got me, got out the needle filled and ready to go then looked at the computer and got very quiet and asked if I was prepared to pay for it. I said no that my insurance takes care of it.

She said, that Medicare had turned... it down and went to talk to my Dr. about it. 15 minutes later she came back and said, she was sorry but they had tried every-thing they could but Medicare is beginning to turn many things away for seniors because of the projected Obama Care coming in. She was brushing at tears and said, "Some day they too will get old", I am so very sorry!!

Please for the sake of many good people. . . ..be informed please .

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS...

At age 76 when you most need it, you are not eligible for cancer treatment

* see page 272

What Nancy Pelosi didn't want us to know until after the healthcare bill was passed. Remember she said, "We have to pass the Bill so that we can see what's in it." Well, here it is.

Obama Care Highlighted by Page Number

THE CARE BILL HB 3200

JUDGE KITHIL IS THE 2ND OFFICIAL WHO HAS OUTLINED THESE PARTS OF THE CARE BILL.

Judge Kithil of Marble Falls, TX - highlighted the most egregious pages of HB3200

Please read this....... especially the reference to pages 58 & 59

JUDGE KITHIL wrote:

Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?)

Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.

Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.

Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.

Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)

Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

HAD ENOUGH???? Judge Kithil then goes on to identify:

"Finally, it is specifically stated that this bill will not apply to members of Congress.

Honorable David Kithil of Marble Falls , Texas

All of the above should give you the ammo you need to oppose Obamacare. Please send this information on to all of your email contacts.

Is google really that hard to use?

The above nonsense is debunked HERE, HERE and HERE.

I keep forgetting there are people around here that need that sarcasm emoticon.

I thought the whole story was so obvious with it's mistakes, I actually wondered if it was written by an Obamacare supporter.

My Bad.

God forbid the young, healthy, and making over 4x the poverty level Americans take a little hit. Life is already so rough for them! Meanwhile, f#*k the old and sick and poor, they don't need affordable health coverage - what they need is to PICK THEMSELVES UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS AND GET A JOB PAY FOR THAT CANCER CARE YOURSELF, ASS. Some country we live in, eh?

But no, JJs rates went up. Scrap this crappy idea.

What do you pay for health insurance per month? Sorry that I'm not wealthy enough to simply absorb, ignore and be happy about a $400 dollar per month (40%) increase for the necessity of health insurance. If that wouldn't bother you, why don't you just send me that additional $400 per month. C'mon, that's only $4800 per year. I'm sure you would be happy about that and not bitch.

BTW- I have never once said that the ACA was a bad thing for the poor or old or low income people. I think it's great that people who couldn't get health insurance are now basically guaranteed coverage and many of them with help paying their premium. That is one of the few things they got right in this deal. But, calling it "affordable" is a f'ing joke. It's like most names they come up with for legislation; the truth is usually opposite what the name implies.

• Fire 2

The impact of the shutdown thread gave me an idea. How about we incorporate the impact (actual, personal impact) that the ACA has had on HB posters?

I have already outlined how it has/will adversely affect my personal premiums and also how it is causing my small business to discontinue offering health insurance as an employment benefit. And Carl has alluded to the positive impact it will have for an aunt of his to acquire coverage, even though she apparently is unaware that Obamacare is to thank for that. And BRB has commented on how it is adversely affecting the ability of his business to continue the sweet deal health benefits they have so far been able to offer their employees. I would like to hear/see other firsthand accounts of the impact.

I have another one to add. My son has been working 30-40 hours for the local city government, to earn money and pay for his schooling. He was informed recently that his work hours would be limited (cut back) because they are now required to offer him, and others likely positioned, health insurance because of the ACA. Personally, I think that is bullsh#t. I have to research his employment a bit more but I do not recall this being a provision of the ACA. And I also think that due to the amount of hours he has been working for almost two years now that they should have already offered him the option to join their plan. Unless he is classified seasonal or temporary, I think they were already in the wrong. And I don't think it is fair for them to now blame this on Obamacare. But this is a rather large municipality and has wide ranging (large number of employees) consequences.

My premium is going up about $75/month I pay about $750/month so a 10% increase. Before I had a $5,000 deductible with 100% paid after the deductible ( it's an HSA plan that I do contribute to as a small business owner) now I'm offered the same deductible with 50% coinsurance so my max out of pocket is $12,700. The real kicker is the wife and I were done having kids so I dropped maternity off last year only to have it forced back on to the plan. I think it's great for those that couldn't get coverage before, my mom had cancer a few years back so it will help her, but they have too much of a one-size-fits-all mentality.

Ultimately it falls back to the healthy, and ones who can afford it, paying for the sick, which is never going to be the fix the problem.

The impact of the shutdown thread gave me an idea. How about we incorporate the impact (actual, personal impact) that the ACA has had on HB posters?

The organization I work for operates on a hub and spoke model. Our affiliates are supposed to provide health insurance to their employees and the national organization sponsors a health plan. There's some fear that because most of our employees aren't paid a lot (we're a non-profit, local affiliates don't pay well), that the healthcare law's plans after subsidies would be cheaper for the affiliates than our organizations national healthcare plans. If the national plan loses too many enrollees, it will implode and force the rest of us into the health care exchanges.

Will this come to pass? I have no idea, I'll know more in 6 months, but it's certainly a topic of discussion right now.

Given your posting history I don't think there's a person who read that who thought you were joking.

I'm not used to your personal attacks being directed at me, or nearly that subtle.

Are you saying my previous posts are just too darn serious or that everybody that read my post are too old or feeble minded to recognize "But it was on the interwebs, so it must be true". as the International sign of "I'm joking"?

Try not to stress this Government shutdown so much, We'll all pull through. :)

• Fire 1
. . . As usual with Obamacare, it’s not that there isn’t something to be concerned about. But Republicans have blown the law’s potential problems so far out of proportion that their attacks sound like a “Saturday Night Live” parody. . .

The potential for some reduction in the availability of low-wage work is real. But mainstream economists aren’t seeing anything like the catastrophe Republicans have foretold, and they don’t anticipate a calamity, either. That is because only 3 percent of small businesses — those with fewer than 500 employees — have more than 50 workers, so 97 percent of small employers are exempt from the law’s mandates. Meanwhile, virtually all large companies already offer health insurance to their employees. Aside from things such as reporting requirements, Obamacare’s mandates will directly obligate only about 1 percent of American businesses to do anything different. . . .

http://www.washingto...tml?tid=rssfeed

From a friend..of my Brother's aquarium guy..

(Haven't snooped it yet, but really...Does anyone expect their rates to go down?)

People: 62 year old rancher & 57 year old wife

Occupations: cattle ranching, sheep ranching

Health Status: Both in good health. One insurance claim incident in last 15 yrs. Wife had surgery on wrist.

Insurance: Farm Bureau members - Blue Cross Blue Shield for many years.

Last week: Insurance rate adjustment letter. Premium increasing 41%. Deductible of $10,000. Coverage letter states they now have access to maternity coverage at no additional charge (lol...) plus an additional page of coverages included in their new premium (coverages that are not important or age specific to their situation) and the coverages may not be opted out of. Few more pages they have not read through yet. FB agent told them to consider themselves very lucky as they are financially less out of pocket than most. Agent went on to say that rural Nebraska is rated as a relatively healthy population and will see greater increases on a percentage basis so that the costs can be "optimized" to the areas of less healthy individuals, as in Omaha/Council Bluffs urban areas.

Bottom Line: I have posted at various times about rate and coverage increases and have been challenged as to the validity. I trust the information from my Nebr. friends and this makes 9 ranching families that have reported the same information to me. Yet to find anyone that says their rates are going to be less without an increase in deductible to lower the rate percentages, co-pays and lifetime coverage limits are better...have not heard any of these stories.

I looked into MnSure (Minnesota's insurance marketplace). It was said that they have some of the lowest premiums in the country. Based on what I have now, I would have to double my deductible and pay about $400 more per month for my family of 5 based against my current insurance policy. There were a few added covered items that were nice if I was younger and needed them but don't really affect me now. I will find out in March what my premiums will go to and see if it is a good deal or not. But for now, it's status quo for me.

. . . As usual with Obamacare, it’s not that there isn’t something to be concerned about. But Republicans have blown the law’s potential problems so far out of proportion that their attacks sound like a “Saturday Night Live” parody. . .

The potential for some reduction in the availability of low-wage work is real. But mainstream economists aren’t seeing anything like the catastrophe Republicans have foretold, and they don’t anticipate a calamity, either. That is because only 3 percent of small businesses — those with fewer than 500 employees — have more than 50 workers, so 97 percent of small employers are exempt from the law’s mandates. Meanwhile, virtually all large companies already offer health insurance to their employees. Aside from things such as reporting requirements, Obamacare’s mandates will directly obligate only about 1 percent of American businesses to do anything different. . . .

http://www.washingto...tml?tid=rssfeed

Bs! My company already downgraded most of us to part time (with a healthy pay cut yet still working the same hours just only getting paid for part of those) so they don't have to pay the obamacare premiums to insure us. I've been hearing a lot of stories just within my area about companies doing this. I mean why wouldn't companies take advantage of the loopholes and get out of paying premiums by converting their employees to part time and just hiring more if need be or simply restructuring the contracts like they did with us?

I hope the government stays shut down so this bill doesn't get funded. Obamacare is a disaster. At some point, the rational person has to ask themselves...why can't we get straight answers on what the hell this bill is? But $hit the president promised us free stuff so lets all signup! Democrats suck! Republicans suck! The whole government sucks! Stop mandating everything! I'll pay my doctor bills in cash if I want to. If the government would've kept their hands out of education we wouldn't have the price of school that we do. Doctors wouldn't have to charge us so much that we need insurance to cover average bills if they didn't have to pay so much in insurance due to all the ridiculous law suits and federal mandates, the tax brackets they fall in and the ungodly amount of student loans that have to be paid back.

But hey enjoy your free healthcare when there are no doctors to treat you because they either quit because they aren't getting paid anymore (you think the government will pay the going rates for procedures...if you think insurance companies refuse to pay doctors the government won't even get an arguement when they refuse payment) or the young person will choose a profession that will pay.

Grrr.. I hate discussing politics.

• Fire 2

Bs! My company already downgraded most of us to part time (with a healthy pay cut yet still working the same hours just only getting paid for part of those) so they don't have to pay the obamacare premiums to insure us.

Sounds like you have a scumbag of an employer to me. That's not really Obama's fault, is it?

Bs! My company already downgraded most of us to part time (with a healthy pay cut yet still working the same hours just only getting paid for part of those) so they don't have to pay the obamacare premiums to insure us.

Sounds like you have a scumbag of an employer to me. That's not really Obama's fault, is it?

Probably several companies will be forced to seek out these loopholes or close...

There were a few times (When I first heard of Obama) when I wondered if Randolf and Mortimer Duke bet each other a dollar that they could get ANYBODY elected..Even someone who's name could be confused with public Enemy #1.

08_TradingPlaces_BD.jpg