SIGNED OG Tanner Farmer

Said he would like to redshirt.

Very smart kid. Knows he can be 4 year starter if let's Cotton and Moudy graduate.

Agreed. Says he will come in learn what he can and if the dominos fall in his favor this fall and he plays so be it, but really wants to master the playbook and technique

This kid, barring injury or some unforeseen even, will be at least an All Conference lineman. He has the right mentality all together.

Everybody read this article from the OWH: http://www.omaha.com...140209140/1685#

Tanner Farmer is Nebraska Football.

His dad has the right attitude, and has the attitude I wish all parents with kids getting recruited to play D1 football had. Here's a quote from him:

"Focus on what you can control, Brian said, which is effort, desire, and, yes, lifting. Tanner loves lifting enough to occasionally hit the weight room twice a day. Tanner didn't know just how good he could be, Brian said, until a few years ago. And it took those camp performances for the family to realize Tanner could have his pick of schools. Once Tanner committed to Nebraska, Brian fielded all mail and calls from opposing coaches. Tanner still doesn't know all the schools that coveted his services, but Brian said the list included Florida, Tennessee, Missouri and Mississippi State, “among 20 other schools.”

When you give somebody your word and tell them you'll do it, you better damn well do it,” Brian said."

• Fire 5

Great read ... he is my "gem of the class". Really excited to have this kid.

This had me laughing. After, the "warm feelings" scandal in Frison's thread, I would have thought you would be a little more conservative with how you describe your excitement for these recruits. But, you give us this "gem", and here we are again. Well, done HeyBakerMark.

/By the way, this is all in fun. Not trying to mess with you too much.

• Fire 1

Great read ... he is my "gem of the class". Really excited to have this kid.

This had me laughing. After, the "warm feelings" scandal in Frison's thread, I would have thought you would be a little more conservative with how you describe your excitement for these recruits. But, you give us this "gem", and here we are again. Well, done HeyBakerMark.

/By the way, this is all in fun. Not trying to mess with you too much.

Comment removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sate Wrestling tournament start back up today. Tanner wrestles later today. My prediction is that he steamrolls everyone just because he is stronger and quicker than everyone else. He qualified to get to state after he pinned his opponent in 1:15 sec. Hes 34-0 and lets be honest it would be a shock if he didnt win! Physically he is freak and hes down to 285 and is lightning fast. Anyway...Good Luck to you big man Go Huskers! Glad he is going to play for DONU!

I watched him at the sectional at my old HS last week. When he grabs you hes got you and there is nothing you can do about it! He played football at about 300-310 all year and is down to 285 to wrestle. He is quick and strong as hell! I expect him to win but your right Mavric that Championship should be a good one. If it wasnt for plans I would be there in Champaign Saturday...