Florida the new Texas?

We had great success recruiting Texas while in the B12. While I think we will still continue to pull prospects (Adam Taylor, Jason Hall, etc.) out of Texas (and Cali for that matter), I think Florida will become our new "Hotbed". I think a key part of that is the last two bowls games being played there...our name is familiar with the kids. Maybe not, I just got done reading updates on Darlington, James, Clark and just get the feeling we are making inroots down there. Any thoughts?

We had great success recruiting Texas while in the B12. While I think we will still continue to pull prospects (Adam Taylor, Jason Hall, etc.) out of Texas (and Cali for that matter), I think Florida will become our new "Hotbed". I think a key part of that is the last two bowls games being played there...our name is familiar with the kids. Maybe not, I just got done reading updates on Darlington, James, Clark and just get the feeling we are making inroots down there. Any thoughts?

Don't underestimate the staff's work they have put in with the HS coaches down there.

Coach Joseph ran a clinic down there this year for a lot of coaches.

Don't underestimate the staff's work they have put in with the HS coaches down there.

Coach Joseph ran a clinic down there this year for a lot of coaches.

Good info EZ-E, wasn't aware of the this. Just another stepping stone towards the "hotbed".

This is really the benefit that we are seeing from playing 2 years in a row at the Capitol One Bowl. The coaches go down, make some connections with high school coaches, run a football clinic IIRC, and set us up for recruiting success in FL. Kudos to the coaches and their efforts.

This is also why I wanted to see Nebraska push for a Texas-based non-con game on occasion (Southern Miss, Miami, or Tennessee at the Jerry Dome, Reliant Stadium, or even the Alamo Bowl would have been good exposure).

But I'm glad to see we're cracking into Florida--that's a great effort by the coaching staff that will continue to pay dividends.

This is really the benefit that we are seeing from playing 2 years in a row at the Capitol One Bowl. The coaches go down, make some connections with high school coaches, run a football clinic IIRC, and set us up for recruiting success in FL. Kudos to the coaches and their efforts.

A ton of HS coaches get invited to practices. They don't do a full on clinic. TJ is the only one I know did a film session / demo session.

Could be wrong though

• 2 weeks later...

Remember last week when someone claimed the coaches were panicking over recruiting?

People just like to complain and act like they know best. People complained about hiring a golf coach. People complained about hiring interns without big time experience. People complained about hiring a guy from the MAC. People complain every summer and towards the end of every season about the state of recruiting. Meanwhile, we keep winning games and bringing in quality recruiting classes from across the nation.

• Fire 2