Permanent Starting Captains for 2013 Season

Jason Peter has a point

https://twitter.com/...202199549120514

Captns in June & HC is pickn em?R starters 4 week 1 b-ng named Sunday?Leadrs arise when 0 ppl r in the stands and it's 110*! team shld pick

I've always thought of myself as pretty "text-speak" savvy, but could somebody translate that for me?

That's not even text-speak. It's just a bunch of rabble-ribble.

Jason Peter has a point

Captns in June & HC is pickn em?R starters 4 week 1 b-ng named Sunday?Leadrs arise when 0 ppl r in the stands and it's 110*! team shld pick

I've always thought of myself as pretty "text-speak" savvy, but could somebody translate that for me?

"Captains in June and the head coach is picking them? Are starters for week one being named on Sunday? Leaders arise when there's zero people in the stands and it's 110 degrees out. The team should pick."

It took me a while too, actually.

Jason Peter has a point

"Captains in June and the head coach is picking them? Are starters for week one being named on Sunday? Leaders arise when there's zero people in the stands and it's 110 degrees out. The team should pick."

It took me a while too, actually.

I get real tired of Jason Peter. He thinks they can just turn back time and make everything like it was when he played. I wish they could, but they can't. He also has one of the most whiney voices I have ever heard. Their are many different ways to do things. I've seen it with revolving captains, coach pick captains, team pick captains. It can work all of those ways. When its team pick captain it is still a popularity contest. It is not all about who is the best leader. Tommie Frazier was a team leader I don't think he was a captain? He wasn't that popular of a guy. Being a team leader really has very little to do with being a captain.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who doesnt think these were elected by the players and/or unity council are so lacking of common sense it's sicking. Jesus Christ, my 10 year old midget football team had player-elected captains for god's sake. This is not even an issue.

Apparently not...

Huskers coaches, not players, picked captains.

Of all the things we dissect on HB, this is the dumbest of all. I would rather debate the alternating green stripes of the field. So worthless.

Would you like to see the lighter shade of green have more of a contrast to the darker shade of green? chuckleshuffle

I'm pissed they went light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark when they clearly should have gone dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light/dark/light.

Some interesting thoughts on assistant captains for each position group. The staff wants one guy for each position group to talk to during the games. Sounds like things got pretty hectic during the Big 10 Championship game.

• QBs: Tommy Armstrong
  • RBs: Ameer Abdullah
  • WRs: Kenny Bell
  • OL: Jeremiah Sirles
  • DL: Jason Ankrah
  • LBs: Trevor Roach
  • CBs: Josh Mitchell
  • S: Corey Cooper
  • RB Imani Cross helps with incoming recruiting class

Some interesting thoughts on assistant captains for each position group. The staff wants one guy for each position group to talk to during the games. Sounds like things got pretty hectic during the Big 10 Championship game.

• QBs: Tommy Armstrong
  • RBs: Ameer Abdullah
  • WRs: Kenny Bell
  • OL: Jeremiah Sirles
  • DL: Jason Ankrah
  • LBs: Trevor Roach
  • CBs: Josh Mitchell
  • S: Corey Cooper
  • RB Imani Cross helps with incoming recruiting class

It looked like Omaha beach...